Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sorry but Jackson has to go.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Disagree that he has to go now as the squad he has to work with is sadly lacking.
    Would like to see how the summer transfer market goes and whether or not he is supported with some much improved additions. 
    Let’s face it he has been very unlucky with some of the signings who have shown such poor consistency and not forgetting a significant number of long term injuries to key players.
    I say give him until Christmas and review the situation then, do we really have much option as I feel he hasn’t been dealt a good hand thus far.
  • Options
    Don’t believe in luck but just in case I’m wrong I’d prefer a lucky manager than an unlucky one.
  • Options
    I have no doubt he’ll get a crack at next season and I’ll concede he probably deserves that but I’m not hopeful in the slightest.
    I’m 50/50.🤞
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Any time we’ve played 4-4-2 recently, our midfield has been completely overran by teams with 3 in the middle. We’ve also spent 500k on Fraser who wouldn’t be able to play in a 2 man central midfield. 

Also those advocating a switch to a back 4, how would that even work with what we have available we don’t have a right footed CB so we’d either have to play Clare at CB in a back 4 or Pearce/Famewo on the right! Both would be defensive suicide. 
    As opposed to the defensive masterclasses we’ve recently witnessed.
    Our defence has been poor for 2 years. But has definitely been less poor when in a back 3. Whatever the formation is we still need to buy a whole new defence next season. Lavelle maybe good enough but the rest aren’t, Clare I would keep as a useful squad player but the rest of the defenders we have will hopefully not be here
  • Options
    We have spent too many recent seasons in L1, and that started way before TS, JJ and the current crop of players. I am certainty not convinced by JJ but I am not sure keep changing managers is the answer either. On reflection I would stick with JJ in the hope that TS gives him the financial clout to bring in the players for him to play his favoured formation.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I'd give him 12-14 games. If we're not right up there, sack him and bring in someone who plays the same formation, so we're not having to rebuild again. 
  • Options
    Anyone think that Sandy has decided we are playing 352 so that’s what we’re doing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can talk about formations (and I do with professional coaches*) until you are blue in the face but have good fit players who have football brains and nous and you have a chance and use what ever systems allows you to create chances and win football matches. I thought we were safe in mid table and enjoyed seeing Dobson license to get forward even if this affected our defensive shape at times with Jason exposed against Stockton who is a real handful and can score goals.

Strange old game when we kept clean sheets at Sunderland and Rotherham and won a lot of games 2-0 at the valley including Cambridge, Ipswich, Burton and Plymouth and create so many chances and didn't give away any gifts. Make mistakes, miss tackles, be out of position and you are toast as happen against both Lincoln and Morecombe where 5 good chances were squandered in both games.

On CL every formation has been slagged off under Robinson, Bowyer, Adkins and now Jacko after every defeat by some.

*I don't like pass backs to the keeper unless there are no forwards within 20 yards or so as the jeopardy is so high. Saw some shockers in the youth cup and youth football this season by many young players who are encouraged to pass back and keepers who are pressured into trying to dribble around forwards. Various coaches told me that is the remit from Pro teams who all want keepers to be like Ederson ! Blimey.

Both Butland at Palace and Mendy at Chelsea have given away goals by bad play with their feet under pressure recently. 
  • Options
    Anyone think that Sandy has decided we are playing 352 so that’s what we’re doing?
    If there’s any truth in that then we’re doomed. I’d expect the manager to have balls enough to say no though. 
  • Options
    It's the players fault now. 

Next it'll be the recruitment team. 

Then it'll be Sandgaard. 

Then it'll be the coaches Jackson has to work with. 

Then it'll be the referees. 

Then it'll be the EFL for their squad cap rules. 

Some people will never admit that Jackson doesn't really look that good at this management stuff. 
    He has won just under half his games as Charlton manager in all competitions. If winning 48% isn't good, despite only having one January transfer windows, I'm not sure what is or what people expect?
  • Options
    Nope, not me.why would you think that?

bowyer never played it, Adkins never played it. Jackson came in and played it. I really don't understand the conspiracy theories behind TS enforcing this sort of stuff on a manager.

we've had years of roland, southall, the other crook all reducing this club to rubble! It's not going to take two weeks to rebuild, it will take time. 

We can't keep having 3 managers in a 12 month period. Jackson needs time to build his own squad with players that he wants, hat will fit his way of playing.
  • Options

Then it'll be Sandgaard. 

Some people will never admit that Jackson doesn't really look that good at this management stuff. 
    He has won just under half his games as Charlton manager in all competitions. If winning 48% isn't good, despite only having one January transfer windows, I'm not sure what is or what people expect?
    You've watched the games right? 

This rewriting of history that Jackson's midtable finish with Charlton after having the majority of the season with them is a good thing is nonsense. He still took a squad that is probably in the top 6 in terms of value to midtable, even if you expanded his results across the whole season (ignoring that half of them weren't even signed in August). 
  • Options
    People said the same about Powell in his first season .. but like JJ he had his first summer window to get his own players in and the rest they say his history .. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    tactics were bad yesterday, long cross field high balls to stockley, they had three huge CB wtf?

Don’t think tactics were bad it was the wsy Morecombe made us play with there set up I said in the pre match thread that Morecombe would overload mid to stop us playing through and that’s what happened 

the mistake yesterday was the starting line up .. does anyone know why Burstow started … and Morgan and Dobson at home can’t happen again to many side passes … JFC changed us to a front foot team when he came on and should have started the game .. 
  • Options
    People said the same about Powell in his first season .. but like JJ he had his first summer window to get his own players in and the rest they say his history .. 
    You're underestimating just how great a job Powell did. It won't be repeated 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton in 2022: 

23 games (exactly half of a season)

8 wins
    4 draws
    11 losses 

Goals scored: 24 
    Goals conceded: 29
  • Options

Then it'll be Sandgaard. 

You've watched the games right? 

This rewriting of history that Jackson's midtable finish with Charlton after having the majority of the season with them is a good thing is nonsense. He still took a squad that is probably in the top 6 in terms of value to midtable, even if you expanded his results across the whole season (ignoring that half of them weren't even signed in August). 
    And what position was that top 6 squad in when he took over?
  • Options
    Charlton in 2022: 

8 wins
    4 draws
    11 losses 

Pointless post and I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve? You've ignored games that we have won to promote your agenda.

someone could easily post stats from oct - dec where we were averaging just under two points a game
  • Options
    Way too much over analysis going on. We just don’t have (with hindsight) the right balance / blend of players. 

The total should be greater than the sum of the parts but it isn’t. 

Every team who fails to win promotion is in the same boat really. You can’t win all of the time. 

If we see relatively early recruitment this summer and confirmation of who isn’t re-signing rather than just late signings that will be the best news. Formations and tactics can be judged after the squad is created. 

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Charlton in 2022: 

8 wins
    4 draws
    11 losses 

Pointless post and I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve? You've ignored games that we have won to promote your agenda.

someone could easily post stats from oct - dec where we were averaging just under two points a game
    Exactly half a season and after the benefit of a transfer window that Jackson had. We spent six figures in that window remember? 

If you don't like it, perhaps you should have told him to win a couple more games? 
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Charlton in 2022: 

8 wins
    4 draws
    11 losses 

Exactly half a season and after the benefit of a transfer window that Jackson had. We spent six figures in that window remember? 

If you don't like it, perhaps you should have told him to win a couple more games? 
    In that period we were hit with injuries to key players. We had to play leko and lee up top. If we had a full squad, I doubt we would have lost 6 on the spin.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!