Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Options
    Major said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Don't I entirely agree with him being told over the phone If I am honest. I think he deserved a little more than that after 12 years.
    Does seem a bit harsh but he flew back to the States after the POTY dinner. At least he spoke to him and didn't email!
    Strange that he didn't do it face to face.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    redbuttle said:
    CBT said he was a big reason he had improved so much. 
    Well, I stand corrected.
  • Options
    JJ gave it his best shot but it wasn't good enough, no shame in that.

We're a mid-table, Division 1 team and some big moves need to be made to change that. TS made a big move and I hope it turns out to be right.

Whoever is brought in, they better have a team in place before the start of the season, not still scrambling for players months after the first game.
  • Options
    @ J block and anyone who thinks our results were awful under Jackson.

We won 15 and lost 13 League matches under JJ.  Not great but not awful.
    Awful was the first 13 matches of the season.

I hope Dobson and CBT don't move on now as it was JJ who gave them their chance and both had good seasons.
    Was in League 1
  • Options
    I am surprised that he's gone but I was in favour of him going if that makes sense .. I thought Sandy would keep him on, but a good move on his part. JJ did his best as a manager, but not good enough. That doesn't detract from his time as a terrific player for us and as the effective No 2 to Lee Bowyer
    All the best JJ
  • Options
    Skiverton now also gone 
  • Options
    very much hinges on who comes in replace him and what there stock is like before we can judge. 
  • Options
    It's been said to me that Jacko was too weak to bring in line the players that didn't give a shit.
    It might explain why they busted a gut to get him appointed and then stopped giving 100% again.
    We need a good clear out of all the shirkers and appoint someone stronger.
    Mind you, we had that with Bowyer and half the fan base were unhappy that he was too harsh.
    Somewhere in the middle then?
  • Options
    Blimey……I am quite shocked.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    It's been said to me that Jacko was too weak to bring in line the players that didn't give a shit.
    It might explain why they busted a gut to get him appointed and then stopped giving 100% again.
    We need a good clear out of all the shirkers and appoint someone stronger.
    Mind you, we had that with Bowyer and half the fan base were unhappy that he was too harsh.
    Somewhere in the middle then?
    Bowyer slagged the players off in the press far too much. Keep it private.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big decision. Right or wrong 
  • Options
    Johnnie's a gooner 

In all seriousness, I never wanted us to appoint him - don't like the legends as managers theme that has been prevalent recently in football; makes this moment very painful indeed, as he doesn't deserve this. He was better than Adkins, but turgid football and far too stubborn.  Cant think of one tactic / change where I thought, yes, the manager/his ideas won us that game.  I think that's what we need. 

Love Johnnie, one of my favourite players of all time, but I'm firmly in the camp that this is the right move.  Hope to see Johnnie back at The Valley as much as possible, and also wish him the best for the future.
  • Options
    Strange that Euell is hanging around.
  • Options
    Skiverton goes as well .. is that new news ? .. only to be expected
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sad and slightly surprised. The whispers were that he'd go but I was starting to think he'd be staying on as nothing had been announced.

I could see Appleton or Hasselbaink as the replacements but I'd go for Powell personally. 

Anyway, good luck Jacko a club legend and sad to see him go. I do think with the right backing in the Summer he could have been successful but a fresh start may be for the best.  
    Hasslewank?! Seriously? 

I wouldn't attend a single match with that lazy, miserable, uncommitted sod in charge.

I suppose it would make sense in that he would match our current underperforming, effortless players.
    I wouldn't want him personally but I heard his name mentioned a few months back. 
  • Options
    Shame he never got a testimonial - 10-years service and you pretty much got one.
  • Options
    No room in football for sentiment. The others have to go now as they should have when Adkins went.
    Get Beale in
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Appleton may be in the running especially as he has just left Lincoln. Then we could finally see that picture that keeps being put on here, for good reason 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish JJ the very best and expect him to do well in future. I also hope he returns in due course and finishes a job he started with a club he invested a huge chunk of his football career with. I have made clear on here I would have liked him to be kept on, but having just read the SLP quotes, which give me the distinct impression that TS wants a coach to work with players handed to them, rather than a manager, it might actually be worth JJ swerving for a while anyway and until that approach eventually bites the dust. Data indicates and supplements, it shouldn’t decide, nor wholly influence…and I now fear that this is an issue I had not grasped until this most recent interview.
  • Options
    Very sad but absolutely the right decision.
    It was right to give him the chance and early enough to have a good look at his managerial ability. Alas, once the honeymoon was over, shown to be simply not good enough.
    Now for a cull of the crud that's accumulated as (most of) our first 11. 
    Only Dobson and Blackett-Taylor good enough for a genuine promotion-seeking side IMO.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Appleton may be in the running especially as he has just left Lincoln. Then we could finally see that picture that keeps being put on here, for good reason 
    he took over a good squad after the Cowleys went .. hard act to follow but the team has been in decline after a good last season .. he's had too many jobs without a great deal of success .. not for me though his teams do try to play attractive football
  • Options
    Darren Ferguson 4/1
    Mark Warburton 5/1
    Lee Johnson 6/1 (please no)
    Roy Keane 8/1
    Neil Harris 8/1
    Michael Appleton 8/1
    Lee Bowyer 12/1
    Michael Beale 12/1
    Michael Duff 14/1
    John Eustace 14/1
    Rob Page 16/1
    Sean Dyche 16/1
    Mark Bonner 16/1
    Michael Carrick 20/1
    David Unsworth 20/1
    25/1 everyone else

what an uninspiring list. Michael Beale would be my favourite 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Strange that Euell is hanging around.
    I am glad actually.
    He has never seemed to fit the mold of a person with hunger for power.
    He has diversified with a bit of England work, he was excellent here at U23 level, and hasn't acted 'politically' when there have been opportunities at Charlton, but been loyal.
    I would see Jason being appointed as a similar 'risk' to appointing the Cambridge bloke.
    If Euell became our manager my fear is that it might tarnish something we have held dear, as indeed is what has happened with Jacko.
  • Options
    Absolutely shocked, whether people wanted it or not is one thing, never thought it would actually happen.  

Initial reaction, TS ain’t fuckin about this season it’s business.  To effectively sack a club legend who never left the building after playing is bold.  
    Let’s hope Sandgaard is as good as doing business as he is fronting up with what is, yes, a bold move. 
    Thomas has stuck his cock on the block with this - can’t blame anyone else if it all goes Pete Tong.