Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Anyone remember the infamous team talks after Plymouth and Burton…the reality is he wasn’t up to the job, better doing it now so the new manager can bring his own players in. 
  • Genuinely shocked by that and would have given him the summer, but maybe lessons learned from last year

TS not afraid to pull the trigger is he?  If JJ genuinely had to finish top 8 from where we were when he took over then I’m sorry but that’s a joke.
    I think it was more “If you can get top 8, I’d be a fool to lose you, if you can’t, I’ll think about it”. 
  • I think , when JJ bought in skiverton as coach , was the beginning of the end for JJ , Good luck for the future Johnny 
  • So we're now basically going into the summer with no Manager

But apparently we know our targets

Like @Cafc43v3r has said a few times, how can we build a squad of players, when they may well be individuals that the new man doesnt even want - This for me, sets us back massively.
    What’s to say our targets aren’t those the new manager wants?  Sandgard could have been talking to someone to take over for a while. 
  • I thought this was inevitable. I don't think Sandgaard really wanted JJ when he got the job full time after Adkins. Also TS is basically an American businessman and American businesses hire and fire for fun. 
    I would be very surprised if this wasn't decided a while ago and I'd also be surprised if we don't get a relatively quick ( foreign, possibly even American ) replacement who has already been lined up. 
    Ted Lasso. 
  • So we're now basically going into the summer with no Manager

But apparently we know our targets

Like @Cafc43v3r has said a few times, how can we build a squad of players, when they may well be individuals that the new man doesnt even want - This for me, sets us back massively.
    What’s to say our targets aren’t those the new manager wants?  Sandgard could have been talking to someone to take over for a while. 
    I think it's nieve to think he hasn't got someone lined up.  I also think it's nieve to think who ever the manager is will have total control over transfers anyway.
  • Uboat said:
    JJ wasn’t working. Maybe he could have had another season, but of course it would have been a risk. 
    However, I have absolutely run out of patience with Sandgard. Thanks for rescuing us from the clutches of the criminal element and all that, but the bloke is totally clueless. The worst part is that he has no idea how clueless he is. 
    I have absolutely no faith in his ability to get a decent manager and support him properly in the transfer market. 
    Nor me. 
  • Uboat said:
    JJ wasn’t working. Maybe he could have had another season, but of course it would have been a risk. 
    However, I have absolutely run out of patience with Sandgard. Thanks for rescuing us from the clutches of the criminal element and all that, but the bloke is totally clueless. The worst part is that he has no idea how clueless he is. 
    I have absolutely no faith in his ability to get a decent manager and support him properly in the transfer market. 
    This is pretty much where I'm at 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    On the owner deciding the way the team plays, he/they kind of do decide that with the person they recruit and the footballing style that person brings. If TS wants high press high tempo, he needs to find someone who’s footballing philosophy is that 
    He’s also got to sign the correct players to be able to play that style. Struggling to see how Kirk or Fraser fits into that high press style. I don’t mind the owner deciding how he wants us to play, but the strategy needs to be joined up. 
    Very similar to the ticketing issue. I like what he’s trying to achieve but his strategy seems bizarre.
    I challenge your " bizarre" with my "naive" .....
  • PopIcon said:
    Only just read that Jacko was informed of this decision by PHONE yesterday afternoon.

What does that tell you about our owner ?

RESPECT clearly doesn't appear in the American version of the English dictionary.

Everyone has their opinion about the sacking but how can anyone condone the manner in which TS conducted this piece of "business"?  
    Would you have preferred email or a Zoom call?
    Pathetic response. He was here sunday & could easily have rearranged his flight home to meet with JJ yesterday. Cowardly behaviour & as Fanny said total lack of respect.
    And I know for sure that he had a 9am meeting with someone at the club yesterday so didn't fly back over the Pond too early.....
  • Uboat said:
    Exactly this…..Or in running the club, building a professional recruitment process and structure or even committing enough money to support the stated goals.  
    I guess if we are blessed with derby matches against Bromley and Woking  in the next couple of years, we will know the answer
  • Just listened to Steve Brown.
    Nail on the head!

• In these (continuing) uncertain times, we as Charlton fans Should take great comfort in two things . 1) we're not Milwall 2) we’re not Palace.
  • Mixed feelings. Never bought into this jacko legend stuff. Played a lot of games granted, but seen many far better players through the door than him. In saying that, thought he did ok as a manager and we can’t keep pulling the trigger on managers. We need some stability ffs and the lad needed to learn the ropes as a manager. 

Glad Thomas did it sooner rather than later tho if he was going to do it. As my contradictory post would suggest, I have mixed feelings!
  • Sponsored links:

• The positive is that Sandgaard does not have the financial clout to hang around like Roland did. If he turns out to be a poor owner he won't be a poor owner for too long. 
  • I’m sorry but top8 wasn’t impossible and that’s not the reason why he was sacked regardless. It’s because of the play style and the teams we lost to, who had far worst squads than us on paper. Are we forgetting that we had a terrible drop off where in 14 games he managed 3 wins, 2 draws and 9 losses? Can’t be an excuse about the squad there either cause prior to that we beat the table toppers Plymouth and beat Sunderland. He had a new manager bounce, plain and simple and then was found out when the momentum was gone. 

After we beat Pompey I believe Sheffield Wednesday were 7-9 points ahead of us. They finished on 85 and us 59. We definitely could have got into the top 8. Not that it matters cause ultimately we never played good football and it wasn’t gonna change next season regardless. I see a lot of posts about a stubborn owner, I see a stubborn manager who had the opportunity to land the job but insisted on a formation even when a side like Morecambe were playing us off the park at home
    Yes we could have reached the top 8, but it wasn't realistic. It's not just about Jackson's style, he essentially started with a points deduction with a bang average squad. 13th was overachieving, but we weren't 13th in the table from the point Jackson took charge. 

I've got no problem with people thinking Jackson was right to be let go, but to expect him to finish top 8 from the position we were in when he took charge is pretty ludicrous. 
  • Perhaps the new appointed Manager will be given total control (ie TS keeping out of things) I don't know about you but the owner should let his money do the talking and should not be popping up every week with a Tweet on every game etc 

Time was when the likes of Clough, Shankly, Ferguson and Wenger were in charge. And the money men kept out the way. Any potential manager would take one look at this busybody with his awful guitar playing and wild pronouncements "we will p*** this league" and think "no thanks". 

As for those talking about Dyche and Warnock et al!!! Erm, we are currently an inept third division side and they are premiership managers from the north. What on earth (other than a billion quid) would attract either to these backwaters. 

#realitycheckneeded!