Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Options
    At least this is better than bread puns  Buns
  • Options
    Maybe things could have been handled better but , having read all the threads , about 70% of the fan base think it was the correct decision.
  • Options
    there's naan better than bread puns
  • Options
    there's naan better than bread puns
    They are a slice of real life, without them we are all toast
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    Leuth said:
    My opinion of my fellow Charlton fans has rarely been lower than it has in the last couple of days. There seems to be a whole industry of people who gained cred and followers opposing Duchatelet, who've had to lie dormant for a while, and who have now sensed the opportunity to doomsay, cavil, insinuate and rabble-rouse. TS hasn't done a single thing to genuinely alarm me yet. Frustrate, perhaps - he's new to this game - but the high-handed demands for us to 'worry about Charlton's future' feel to me like certain people want to be important again 
    Nicely written, but completely wrong. 

‘A whole industry of people’? Seriously?
    Can't be that wrong, its got 57 likes.
    It is possible for 57 people to be wrong and in this case they are. 
    Heinz were good with it
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    There's much emotional, almost theatrical and poetic language being used of late on CL!

Dear Thomas...

To be, or not to be, that is the question:

Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles.... B)

And by opposing …beat them 4-0
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited May 2022
    Thing is. Browny has no more of an inside track or authority than any of us. It’s just an opinion as valid as yours or mine.
    This…. Beat me to it 
  • Options
    Thing is. Browny has no more of an inside track or authority than any of us. It’s just an opinion as valid as yours or mine.
    Good interview though.  You not agree? 
  • Options
    Well, well, well. 

My flabber is overwhelmingly gasted. 

Lifers who are clearly falling on their knees, begging to kiss our owner's hand in adoration, and lapping up his every word ! WTF !.

To say I'm disappointed is the under statement of the year. 

Before I add my own, carefully thought out comments on Sandgaard's "take" on Jacko's departure and all his musings about how we deserve better, the stability he's bringing to our club, what MIGHT have been done differently over the past season etc etc, I urge you to read Steve Brown's piece & his thoughts on the subject. 

As loyal, sensible ( well, most!) & passionate Addicks, take a close look at  Browny's words and then take a 2nd look at TS's. 

Then post again, with your "sensible" head on and tell me who is telling it like it is, NOT putting a considerable spin on the way everything has panned out since last summer. 

And who, on several occasions, is embroidering the truth, or indeed on at last one occasion in his piece, telling porkies. 

Surely not this successful US businessman - our Messiah ( a label I agree with regarding his "Saving Charlton" coup back in the day) -whose intentions are to be lauded on the whole ?

Or that favourite Son of Charlton who never gave less than 100% performances wearing THE shirt & whose views we've found ourselves nodding with on Charlton TV & indeed an up front, honest as the day's long guy with no agenda of his own ?

Please re read both articles & spend a few minutes reflecting before you commit your thoughts to CL once again.

My final words are, I can assure you that Sandgaard had a pre planned 9am meeting in London ( probably at his hotel) with someone at our club the morning after Sunday's POTY dinner before he flew back over the Pond once again. Presumably this was more important than a face to face with the manager he appointed ....
    Yeah but TS owns the club not Jacko unfortunately...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, well, well. 

Lifers who are clearly falling on their knees, begging to kiss our owner's hand in adoration, and lapping up his every word ! WTF !.

Before I add my own, carefully thought out comments on Sandgaard's "take" on Jacko's departure and all his musings about how we deserve better, the stability he's bringing to our club, what MIGHT have been done differently over the past season etc etc, I urge you to read Steve Brown's piece & his thoughts on the subject. 

As loyal, sensible ( well, most!) & passionate Addicks, take a close look at  Browny's words and then take a 2nd look at TS's. 

Then post again, with your "sensible" head on and tell me who is telling it like it is, NOT putting a considerable spin on the way everything has panned out since last summer. 

And who, on several occasions, is embroidering the truth, or indeed on at last one occasion in his piece, telling porkies. 

Surely not this successful US businessman - our Messiah ( a label I agree with regarding his "Saving Charlton" coup back in the day) -whose intentions are to be lauded on the whole ?

Or that favourite Son of Charlton who never gave less than 100% performances wearing THE shirt & whose views we've found ourselves nodding with on Charlton TV & indeed an up front, honest as the day's long guy with no agenda of his own ?

Please re read both articles & spend a few minutes reflecting before you commit your thoughts to CL once again.

My final words are, I can assure you that Sandgaard had a pre planned 9am meeting in London ( probably at his hotel) with someone at our club the morning after Sunday's POTY dinner before he flew back over the Pond once again. Presumably this was more important than a face to face with the manager he appointed ....
    Fair Lady….where doth I seek these Browny comments of which you speak?
  • Options
    Well, well, well. 

Its been like that since the first day he set foot through the door.

"Gets us"
    "Clearly loves the club"
    "Good times ahead with Tommy"
    "His club, his money, do what he wants"
    "ITS CLEARLY GED RODDY DOING ALL THAT STUFF WE DONT LIKE"

• Options
    After a couple of days to get over the shock of a club legend leaving who I think everyone can agree we all love him irregardless of how individually people think he got on as our manager, the fact is Sandgaard is making a decision that he feels will give us a better chance of promotion and ultimately, give him a  return for his money. JJ will always be a legend and I hope that it’s not the last we see of him at The Valley, but there is a part of me that feels we needed to have a true fresh start, only time will tell how we get on.

We are in the same boat as Portsmouth, Sunderland etc as being marooned in League One for a pretty long time so change is not to be feared. I don’t blindly trust that Sandgaard knows what he’s doing and a lot of things he does and says irritates people but he is trying to succeed, and we have to accept the reality of JJ getting let go would have happened at some point, even if prematurely.
  • Options
    Still feel that JJ deserved longer and felt very annoyed by the manner of his departure 
    Still believe that TS wants what is best for the club and trying to place him in the same categories as our recent owners is both laughable and vindictive at the same time

Coming home from Ipswich was not confident about next season and after JJ sacking even less so

However at the end of the day I love supporting this club and have done for sixty years so I renewed my three season tickets this afternoon ( my grandchildren now suffer with me) and hope we are all pleasantly surprised this time next year 

COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Alas, Charlton fans protest too much,
    While heading to Colorado as such.
    With guitars and Chantilly Lace
    Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    PWADDICK said:

This is embarrassing 
    Sandgaard is, no doubt, a tool, whether the sacking of Jackson was right or not.  
    Personal abuse. Classy.
    Ok.  Sandgaard behaves like a tool.  Is that better ?
  • Options
    Ah, forgot to add that from today's CAST email, Weegie's final thoughts were as follows :

" Right now the stability we have long been seeking at our football club feels about as distant as the Premier League ." 

Just so you know it isn't just me :wink:
  • Options
    I would not have appointed Jacko, he did not have the experience.
    I "love" the guy, so was content for him to have his chance and fully backed him.
    He did a marvellous job as caretaker and an average job at best after he was appointed.

When he was caretaker, the players, all of them, gave their all.
    As soon as he was appointed full time they stopped giving their all every game. I don't know why.

We were getting beaten by poor teams like Morecambe, whose managers said we knew how to beat Charlton, they play the same set up every game and never change.
    Put the ball in the gap behind the so called attacking wing back, because you're straight in behind the defence.
    It happened game after game and Jacko did nothing about it.

When Stockley, Washington and Aneke were injured and it was apparent we would have "nothing" up front, he continued with an out of his depth kid, plus someone else (generally not a striker) playing up front.
    We lost every (nearly every) game.

Everyone knows that usually the best ploy is to play 1 up front, pack the midfield in front of the defence, keep it tight and try to nick a goal at a set piece.
    Jacko played the same losing formation every game.

The football we were playing was absolutely awful.
    I didn't read one fan who was enjoying the games.
    Most said it was the worst Charlton team they had ever seen.

I have never left before the end of a game before this season.
    Oxford I left on 60 mins, when the 3rd went it. It was too painful to watch.
    MKD I left on about 80 mins.
    Most games I left before the end.

Our ambition is promotion.
    I've asked this before and no one responded.
    Who thought Jacko was going to get us promoted next season?
    I don't know of anyone who thinks that, but there must be someone.

I still "love" Jacko and wish him the very best, but I love Charlton more.
    It's unfortunate that Jacko wasn't called to a 9am Monday morning to be sacked, but that doesn't make it the wrong decision. (Someone said Jacko was going on holiday).
    It was the right decision.

If our manager was someone other than Jacko, I'm very confident he would have had far less fans willing to give him until October.

Excellent post. 

Also I suspect that Sandgaard never wanted JJ as the boss. Didn't he originally indicate that Johnnie could go back to the number two position, but JJ forced his hand. 

Although I think top eight was difficult given our start. Top half wasn't. In the end we finished 13th.
  • Options
    If Washington was told his contract wouldn't be renewed as new manager might not fancy him that is at odds with a recent  statement that some contract situations will be resolved before new man comes in (or did I imagine that last bit?!)

Maybe someone is ready to come in and indicated Washington isn't in their plans or if not he's not in the plans of the current decision makers maybe.

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Perhaps the new appointed Manager will be given total control (ie TS keeping out of things) I don't know about you but the owner should let his money do the talking and should not be popping up every week with a Tweet on every game etc 

Time was when the likes of Clough, Shankly, Ferguson and Wenger were in charge. And the money men kept out the way. Any potential manager would take one look at this busybody with his awful guitar playing and wild pronouncements "we will p*** this league" and think "no thanks". 

As for those talking about Dyche and Warnock et al!!! Erm, we are currently an inept third division side and they are premiership managers from the north. What on earth (other than a billion quid) would attract either to these backwaters. 

#realitycheckneeded! 
    The Lord?
    He's too busy running Ofcom these days mate.
  • Options
    You will also be held to words like stating you hardly lose games with Stockley and Washington. Then add Aneke to that, have all three available for the final game, see them missing open goals and get spanked 4-0.