Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Can't fault him for aiming high but is it wise to hire marketing consultants who've previously worked for Man Utd? I can't think of any similarities at all in terms of what we as a club should be doing, that would compare to what United do.

We should probably be looking more at what the likes of Millwall or Brentford do than the worlds biggest club.

I mean if you were looking at marketing your small start-up shopping business you wouldn't be hiring consultants who worked for Amazon.
    Lipstick on a pig.
  • Options
    Can't fault him for aiming high but is it wise to hire marketing consultants who've previously worked for Man Utd? I can't think of any similarities at all in terms of what we as a club should be doing, that would compare to what United do.

We should probably be looking more at what the likes of Millwall or Brentford do than the worlds biggest club.

I mean if you were looking at marketing your small start-up shopping business you wouldn't be hiring consultants who worked for Amazon.
    When has TS done ANYTHING that a level headed "businessman" would do ? 

Can't you just see his sunshaded eyes light up when Man Utd was mentioned.....

Delusions of grandeur in spades.

The Godfather Fredos Yellow Blazer in Las Vegas  BAMF Style
  • Options
    Fredo Tommy I know it was you. You broke my heart  ;)
  • Options
    I am wondering how the $ Vs £ situation affects this matter. I presume that TS trades in Dollars,so does its relative strength against the Pound benefit Thomas?

• Options
    edited September 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    JamesSeed said:
    We don’t need to shell out fortunes on management consultants. We need a proper CEO. 
    Yep. That is the main issue for me.  An experienced football CEO in charge of the day to day running of the club would solve 95% of the issues. 

It will never happen though as Sandgaard doesn't listen to anyone outside of his own bubble 
    I'd say lack of money to invest properly on the pitch is a good 50% of our issues. 
    I'd answer that by saying there would be more money in the coffers for strengthening the squad had TS been less gung ho/ I know best  in so many other areas.

The list of questionable decisions is a looong one that clearly shows he ran before he could walk in almost every department.

Truly, only has himself to blame although I'm 100% certain he would deny it until the buffalo come home....

You stupid "boy"
    Do you not feel he has also been let down by the recruitment team?

He did provide a decent player recruitment budget last season + the year before. Some of it was well spent on the likes of Fraser (that have improved us) but the majority has been spent on players that haven’t e.g. DJ, Kirk, Lavelle & Aneke.

Surely whoever advised him to spend on these players (bearing in mind he would know little about most of them) has to take some responsibility for our downfall? 

The £1m+ spent on the above signings should have got TS better than a bottom half L1 side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcWest said:
    I don't actually think it is that guy.
    Just a whistleblower alias that is being used. 
    Yeah - I think you're right.  There are several Rui Pinto's on Twitter all using similar pictures.  More than one referencing CAFC...

In Portugal say Rui Pinto.
    In the USA say John Doe.
    In England it was Joe Blogs.

How many Pinto's make a Gallen ?
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Yeah - I think you're right.  There are several Rui Pinto's on Twitter all using similar pictures.  More than one referencing CAFC...

In the USA say John Doe.

It’s Steve Gallen? 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    I only see negative feedback about TS these days, for good reason, and I no longer believe he's going to transform our fortunes for the better, but he has got some things right since he took over. Yes, the negatives overall outweigh the positives now, but it's unfair to ignore those areas where progress has been made.

Longer contracts for players and tying down academy players on contracts are examples of sensible insurance measures that most responsible owners would take. Investing in the academy makes it more attractive to youngsters with potential, which is also a sensible practice of benefit to the Club if we retain them, only selling when needs be. The improvements to Charlton TV and bringing the Women's team back into the Club have been widely welcomed as good initiatives too I think. I know some believe the PR disaster of trying to change the name negated that, but I still give him credit for what he actually did achieve. 

His area of business expertise doesn't make him suited to running a football Club though and it made zero sense financially for him to buy us. Indeed, anyone who buys us now can immediately face criticism for not making a sensible business decision as to do so guarantees losses, or so we're repeatedly told and has been proven time and again, in L1 at least, which unfortunately is a true reflection of where we are as a Club today, not that I'm saying we should accept it as our lot for good. 
    We’re stuck with Aneke until June 25, Mansfield until June 24.  In theory it was the right thing to do, but we’ve been undone by the fact we’ve invested in largely crap players 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Sorry to hear the safety office only lasted two weeks in the Job after falling through the pot hole portal.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    JamesSeed said:
    We don’t need to shell out fortunes on management consultants. We need a proper CEO. 
    Yep. That is the main issue for me.  An experienced football CEO in charge of the day to day running of the club would solve 95% of the issues. 

It will never happen though as Sandgaard doesn't listen to anyone outside of his own bubble 
    I'd say lack of money to invest properly on the pitch is a good 50% of our issues. 
    I'd answer that by saying there would be more money in the coffers for strengthening the squad had TS been less gung ho/ I know best  in so many other areas.

The list of questionable decisions is a looong one that clearly shows he ran before he could walk in almost every department.

Truly, only has himself to blame although I'm 100% certain he would deny it until the buffalo come home....

You stupid "boy"
    Do you not feel he has also been let down by the recruitment team?

He did provide a decent player recruitment budget last season + the year before. Some of it was well spent on the likes of Fraser (that have improved us) but the majority has been spent on players that haven’t e.g. DJ, Kirk, Lavelle & Aneke.

Surely whoever advised him to spend on these players (bearing in mind he would know little about most of them) has to take some responsibility for our downfall? 

The £1m+ spent on the above signings should have got TS better than a bottom half L1 side.
    Exactly the same as Roland, he believed a young person who could work with "computers" could game the transfer market, better than the dozens of experienced professionals he was competing with.
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    Money on this Rui bloke being JFC 
    Pretty sure playing side won’t have access to this info.. who ever it is, is being feed from someone in the ops and comms or they actually work for the club. I think I know who it could be, but not fair to name 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcWest said:

In the USA say John Doe.

It’s Steve Gallen? 
    Just in case someone runs with this explanation and drops Steve in the shit, and particularly for the sake of our younger readers who are metric only, I'm going to be a killjoy and explain this is an imperial measurements pun ie "how many pints make a gallon?" As someone who's only mostly metric, I think I recall it being 8, but can't be definitive on that.
  • Options
    tom_k said:

When has TS done ANYTHING that a level headed "businessman" would do ? 

Can't you just see his sunshaded eyes light up when Man Utd was mentioned.....

Delusions of grandeur in spades.

He makes me cringe.
    I have been involved in media, including broadcast training, the lot. If this was a first take, live or spur of the moment, yes, cringe, but you can get caught out in embarrassing or regretful moments. If this was ‘Take 15…’ it would induce nausea in me. It is that bad!
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    MrBurns said:
    Money on this Rui bloke being JFC 
    Pretty sure playing side won’t have access to this info.. who ever it is, is being feed from someone in the ops and comms or they actually work for the club. I think I know who it could be, but not fair to name 
    ...doesn't make it much fairer to speculate on a gossip board and excite the millions reading!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    CafcWest said:

In the USA say John Doe.

It’s Steve Gallen? 
    Just in case someone runs with this explanation and drops Steve in the shit, and particularly for the sake of our younger readers who are metric only, I'm going to be a killjoy and explain this is an imperial measurements pun ie "how many pints make a gallon?" As someone who's only mostly metric, I think I recall it being 8, but can't be definitive on that.
    Almost correct, it was 8 pints, 2 sickles and a knut
  • Options
    Sorry to hear the safety office only lasted two weeks in the Job after falling through the pot hole portal.
    can we play if we have no safety officer ??
  • Options
    can we play if we have no safety officer ??
    make a change to playing without a left footed centre half.