Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Derby County | Saturday 6th August 2022 @ 3pm

Comments

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Addicks to victory !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol, clean sheet win. No bed wetting tonight .
  • Options
    Phew!!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Great win against a team that will probably strengthen. Truly poor 1st half and Garner had said he has no idea where that 1st half performance came from, probably a hangover from last season. 

Post match stat: 1st half shots on target Charlton 1 Derby 2. 2nd half Charlton 6 Derby 0. 
  • Options
    Dont know where else to post this but want to piss myself laughing at Exeter.

All this talk about transfers etc. by everyone each summer - They've lost 10-players, made one signing (?)

And sit second in the table, after beating Port Vale 4-0 today :D:D
    Yes, but it's early days yet.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    1st half was terrible and lucky to not be behind thanks to our new keeper. Much better second half 
  • Options
    We looked a different team second half. Fantastic result 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    To build on @RedJohn ‘s post above…

First half stats…

Possession: 38-62
    Shots: 4-8
    On Target: 1-2

Second half stats…

Possession: 44-56
    Shots: 10-5
    On Target: 6-0
  • Options
    Great result, keeper is mustard and Dobbo is a must to start.
    BG comes across really well, like the cut of his jib.
    COYR
  • Options
    That’s the sort of thing the old charlton used to do, spanked 0-0 first half, come out second half and win!!!!……. Wollacott 1st half fantastic,  Dobson was something else when he came on, Clare really played well, Albie was unfortunately The Albie I’ve slated for too long first half,second half so much better, closing down at the end was great, When Albie decides to run forward and effect a game that’s when he shows he has something, he so needs to look forward on the pitch more and might prove,  many wrong, but not yet mind. The team as a whole were miles better second half, do we actually have a manager that doesn’t send the players to sleep at halftime for a change, must have been a blinder from BG. Well done  to the lads today could of got ugly, but showed real character.👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the dreadful 1st halve there is so much to be positive about follow that game for me. We all accepted it would take a few games to bed in with this new style of play but the players are so much more up for it than at anytime last year imo.
    Early days but I'm afraid the people who said Stockley wont suit this team appear correct to me. Payne needs to hurry up and get match fit his cameos make me think he is going to be mustard. As the games go by and the team develop I think this is going to be a good season.
  • Options
    After that first half I was convinced I'd somehow gone back in time and Adkins was still our manager. Wollacott kept us alive and then the second half was excellent. 
  • Options
    Could have 3 down in the first half, definitely got away with it but we held in there and grew into the game well. I was convinced we'd get battered 3/4-0 after the first 20 minutes. 

So much more positive in the second half, I can't wait to see more of Payne, looks a real exciting player. I think we're going to have more scares like the first half but I believe a bit more that there's something there worth building on and they've got it in them to play the football Garner wants to. Obviously was frustrated with all of them in the first half but we came alive after Kirk's pop shot in the 43rd minute. 

CBT and Garner both spoke about a goal target for CBT in their post match interviews, I wonder what that target is. 

I still want another wide forward in and a LB/LCB. When/if they come, it looks like we'll be good to go for the rest of the season. I think it'll be an entertaining campaign, one way or another. 
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that. Rode our luck in the first, showed how good we may be this season in the second half. 4/6 points, no complaints. Well done lads!
  • Options
    I’ve just got in from being out for the day, don’t want to put a negative point because today was a superb result but I see we made 6 subs today when I thought it was only 5 in the football league? 
    Concussion sub
  • Options
    Nine teams left unbeaten:

- Two wins: Peterborough
    - One win, one draw: Exeter, Bolton, Sheff Wed, Charlton, Accrington, Ipswich
    - Two draws: Portsmouth, Lincoln