Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Won’t go down only because the bottom three are hopeless.
    We'll go down if we finish 4th bottom 
    Oh yea…
  • Options
    At least it will be a few more new grounds
  • Options
    thecat said:
    To me the whole level of the squad/manager has dropped since the end of the transfer window. It's like they know we wont score enough goals to win many matches, confidence has gone.
    bang on 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I know, I know, but Albie getting pelters for today:

Two separate sites - both put Albie in our top 3... 

I'll take this performance with a pinch of salt, because I missed it, but It certainly sounds like we're in another one of those "whipping boy" moments.

Not sure where they got that from. Morgan was atrocious today. 
    He wasn't atrocious today

Of course he wasn't good, but that applies to most of the team. Fraser had a few nice moments, but then disappeared for long moments of the game. Payne looked good when he came on, but then he had a free role to go and attack, whereas Morgan was having to do the Dobson role as well as trying to bring the ball forward. 

Indeed on commentary Shirtliff mentioned during the game that Morgan had been playing quite well.
  • Options
    You can’t blame Garner for this, the fault lies with one man and one man only.

The Yank-Danish, guitar playing clown that is “running” the joint along with his execrable American sidekick.

What a pair of morons, they have taken us to our lowest ebb in decades - after promising us the world.

Just sell the club you egotistical twat and take your dopey Missus with you back to Yank land.
  • Options
    Ryan Inniss has to play next week, as despite his occasional moments of madness, he's the best defender we have, and that's what we need at the moment.

Indeed a back 4 of Egbo Inniss Pearce Purrington would have been far more effective than what we put out today. Egbo having the freedom to bomb forward, Purrington supporting the left winger, and the 2 CBs doing the defensive basics, and organising things at the back.
    When Inniss doesn't play he's the best. When he plays he's the worst. 
    Ditto Lavelle.
    Charlton players are always decent until they cross the white line.
    Until this game, Inniss when available has always been first choice for Saturday games, and for a reason, as he's a better defender than Lavelle. 

People may have questioned Inniss's distribution, but that's far less of an issue than the appalling CB defending for 2 goals today
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I'll take this performance with a pinch of salt, because I missed it, but It certainly sounds like we're in another one of those "whipping boy" moments.

You clearly didn’t watch the game
  • Options
    It is time for all of us to start boycotting home games. Let the players and Garner know that we are not interested in the shite that they are serving up. More importantly see how Sandgaard reacts to a completely empty stadium. We are already not far off from this scenario. Come on lets do it. 
    As you say TS has already seen to this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Derek Ufton once told me that you can tell how a season is going to turn out after 10 games.

10 games into this season and we're going nowhere (nowhere positive anyway).

Can't score enough goals to win a game, can't keep clean sheets, don't have a strong enough squad.

There is only so long we can wait for the new "identity" to click if we're not winning games.

Breaking even is as unrealistic as getting promoted.

Garner is voicing his frustration with the transfer situation more publicly now. 

I wonder how patient Sandgaard will remain as he sees his debts rise and the team unable to win.

Depressing times.
    TS is clueless - a "Get Tits out" campaign is needed…and soon
    I'm with you on that  :D
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    At least it will be a few more new grounds
    Knowing our luck Salford, Barrow and Harrogate will all go up and we'll miss them.
  • Options
    Today was really poor. Only positives were sess and Payne plus Egbo. Formation is never going to work. Too exposed down the middle and flanks and not enough in attack. They all need to be more composed in front of goal too. We almost had a full squad to choose from today but JFC needs to come in now. I cannot understand why mcgrandles or Morgan are above him in the pecking order. 
  • Options
    Garner's post match assessment was perfect. Football matches are won at both ends of the pitch. We were shit in attack and defence today. We still created a fair bit, but the finishing was abysmal. Defensively we look a shambles. Egbo looked ok, but both centre backs and Clare were woeful. All over the shop.

The midfielder/ centre back, right back, right wing back & now left back, give him a break  :/
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    Sack Garner? Some of you are insane. He needs time. Sacking him would just keep us on the same stupid cycle we've been on for ages
    Only one person saying it but he's typed it about 14 times on this thread already
    But you can see it happening. Shame we can't sack the owner. 
  • Options
    Garner ball is well and truly gone from our game, this is the same as Adkins ball 
  • Options
    Shit support and some pure cnuts ‘following’ the club. Game meh. All the corners and never a chance.
    Why?, what happened?
  • Options
    Shit support and some pure cnuts ‘following’ the club. Game meh. All the corners and never a chance.
    Why?, what happened?
    What happens in Barnsley, stays in Barnsley 
  • Options
    You can’t blame Garner for this, the fault lies with one man and one man only.

The Yank-Danish, guitar playing clown that is “running” the joint along with his execrable American sidekick.

What a pair of morons, they have taken us to our lowest ebb in decades - after promising us the world.

Just sell the club you egotistical twat and take your dopey Missus with you back to Yank land.
    You don’t like him then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Not sure where they got that from. Morgan was atrocious today. 
    He wasn't atrocious today

Of course he wasn't good, but that applies to most of the team. Fraser had a few nice moments, but then disappeared for long moments of the game. Payne looked good when he came on, but then he had a free role to go and attack, whereas Morgan was having to do the Dobson role as well as trying to bring the ball forward. 

Indeed on commentary Shirtliff mentioned during the game that Morgan had been playing quite well.
    But he was. If you look at the number of chances he’s been given and yet he still can’t get his act together then, yes, he was atrocious.
  • Options
    Black box bollox you berk. Chip off back over the pond.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sack Garner? Some of you are insane. He needs time. Sacking him would just keep us on the same stupid cycle we've been on for ages
    Time and the right tools for the job. Been seriously let down by TS.
  • Options
    We have an owner who wants us to play a certain way.
    He hires a manager who buys into that
    Manager isn't provided with the players to play that way.
    Owner doesn't give a hoot and insists we carry on.
    Players aren't up to it.

If I hire 3 nurses there's no point me asking them to carry out brain surgery 3 times a day.

The bit Garner often says is what he sees on match day isn't what he sees in training....... what he seems to forget is what he see's in training is Charlton v Charlton and right now we're Shute!

I honestly think we're going to continue a slow and painful slide down the table. TS will panic a bit before Christmas, blame the Cat, the groundsmen and the barmaid and anyone else around, sack Garner and rinse repeat........

• Options
    It is time for all of us to start boycotting home games. Let the players and Garner know that we are not interested in the shite that they are serving up. More importantly see how Sandgaard reacts to a completely empty stadium. We are already not far off from this scenario. Come on lets do it. 
    That is not going to happen.
  • Options
    That is not going to happen.
    Judging by attendances (not the declared but people actually there) I think it's been happening for a while.
  • Options
    I would like to see the deckchairs rearranged to a different formation. I'm sure that would save us.
  • Options
    Thomas hasn’t tweeted ‘booooom’ in a while when we score, hope he’s ok. Getting concerned he may be dead and that his Zynex equipment can’t revive him.