Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    I really don’t understand how JFC isn’t playing 
    My son nicknamed Morgan ‘ The Ghost’ about 3 seasons ago because he just disappears in games - playing him is just mad. JFC is a class above our other midfielders 
    Also I couldn’t care less about the quality of the football so long as we win and we need to play 2 strikers up front to do that - best option right now would be to play Leaburn next to Stockley and hope for the best !!!! 
  • Options
    Adkins had 2 wins in 11, Garner has 2 wins in 10. The next one’s a big one.

Adkins finished with 2 wins in 13 at which point Tommy pressed the ejector seat.
  • Options
    Another night in Barnsley. It is one hell of a party town. Every bar heaving went left the ground and still going strong. At least I can drink away the awfulness of today. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I really don’t understand how JFC isn’t playing 
    My son nicknamed Morgan ‘ The Ghost’ about 3 seasons ago because he just disappears in games - playing him is just mad. JFC is a class above our other midfielders 
    Also I couldn’t care less about the quality of the football so long as we win and we need to play 2 strikers up front to do that - best option right now would be to play Leaburn next to Stockley and hope for the best !!!! 
    The rumour is it will cost TS money (appearance money) if JFC plays.
    The fact that Morgan started, who is utterly useless the majority of the time, (he did have 2 good games at the start of the season, he usually has about 2 good games a season), would appear to be supporting evidence.

I'm not a fan of JFC but he should be playing without doubt.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Adkins had 2 wins in 11, Garner has 2 wins in 10. The next one’s a big one.

Adkins finished with 2 wins in 13 at which point Tommy pressed the ejector seat.
    At least Garner's team has picked up a number of draws so the points tally looks a bit better. No much, but enough to be out of the bottom 4......currently. Lose to Oxford next week & they go above us. Then Lincoln away (not a good ground for us) and then we play Exeter at home. That will be a must win too because the next game in not until the following Monday after all the other teams have played.

Nothing less than 6 points before we are on live tv could see us in the bottom 4. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is that an order ?
  • Options
    I know, I know, but Albie getting pelters for today:

Two separate sites - both put Albie in our top 3... 

I'll take this performance with a pinch of salt, because I missed it, but It certainly sounds like we're in another one of those "whipping boy" moments.

• Options
    This team is crying out for a striker that fits the system.

It's so bloody frustrating 
  • Options
    Posting without reading.
    On way back from Barnsley.
    Dont worry about the result it's about the day out.

• Options

Is that an order ?
    I hope so I have obeyed twice since it was posted!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Posting without reading.
    On way back from Barnsley.
    Dont worry about the result it's about the day out.

Win or lose, on the booze.
  • Options
    Would Sandgaard employ somebody who knew enough to expose his lack of knowledge? I doubt it. You do it his way or you don't.
    Exactly, he doesn't take advice & he's too old to change (his words not mine). He has nothing to sell, worrying time ahead.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    10 games in, Stockley hasn’t scored a goal in open play, and Aneke hasn’t started a game - not acceptable 

1 clean sheet in 10 - not acceptable 

A transfer policy made up of free transfers from league 2 teams with a couple of Prem loans after finishing 13th last season - not acceptable 

An ostentatious owner who’s never run a football club before employing his son as part of the recruitment team and not hiring any experienced football people to run the club - not acceptable 

Playing Stockley up top in a front 3 in a possession based game - not acceptable 

A few examples, there’s probably more.  I don’t mean to chew the players out, I’m sure most of them are trying their hardest, but they’re not good enough.  Let’s not sugar coat it, even the likes of CBT, they’re just not up to scratch.  We don’t have the quality.

I got the early season optimism.  It’s natural.  We forget how bad it was, it’s summer, we sign new players, but c’mon, look at our summer recruits. McGrandles, O’Connell, Egbo, Payne.  All free transfers from League 2.  

We have a few more points than this time last year, 4 to be precise.  It was very bad this time last year, 23rd, but not much has changed imo.  BG seems like he has slightly more of an idea than Adkins, and has probably had less to work with when you consider we spent fees on Stockley, Kirk and Lavelle, but very little has changed. 

It’s now painfully clear TS hasn’t got a clue how to run a football club and unless he makes major, major changes, we’ll die a slow death 
    All so blindingly obvious, cabbles.

But none so blind etc etc.

Every one of those listed crosses our beloved club is currently bearing was avoidable. 

But, no, TS knows best & doesn't need the wisdom & guidance of A N Other. His arrogance is staggering. 

But, would he be able to sit back & witness any form of protest which would surely be a huge dent to his overflated ego .? 

He purports to listen to fans but I wonder how many of those issues discussed at last week's FF meeting will actually receive anything more than an acknowledgement in the cold light of day. Or, as one bright Lifer commented, are said get togethers purely a box ticking exercise.

Another project for Rob7Lee to monitor perhaps ? 

We already know that "someone" still employed at our club scans our posts on here, seeking out OTT comments & slurs on our owner's character, so why not give him/her more instances to report to his/her Lord & Master ? Maybe this is one of the ways of showing our concern & anger at the manner in which CAFC is becoming a serious candidate for L2 ? Someone has to do something significant before, like the transfer window, it's too late.

And should we forget, wasn't there a very clever, but pertinent, way of showing all & sundry ( including the press) what we thought about a our former so called CEO ? Can anyone recall that clear, concise message dangled from the Press area in the Upper West ?  
  • Options
    Won’t go down only because the bottom three are hopeless.
    We'll go down if we finish 4th bottom 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    I know, I know, but Albie getting pelters for today:

Two separate sites - both put Albie in our top 3... 

I'll take this performance with a pinch of salt, because I missed it, but It certainly sounds like we're in another one of those "whipping boy" moments.

Like you say Dazzler, you never watched the game.
    Morgan was f£$%ing useless and that I'm afraid is saying it!
    He won one tackle all afternoon that I counted and lost about a dozen.
    He did nothing of note and I sincerely hope I never see him play for Charlton again.
    He's had a handful of good games since he debuted.
    He's L2 at best.
  • Options
    I predicted a 3-0 loss, so the fact we got a goal is a progression of sorts, shows how far we’ve sunk I guess.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Morgan is a great example of the futile plight of players at this club.  He’s not good enough.  We know this now after 100 games and very little to show for it, but all it takes is the odd game, one of his 100 Hollywood balls to land and we get the usual ‘I think there’s a player in there nonsense’.  It’s the same old pattern.  We’re like a bunch of alcoholics, falling off the wagon at some sniff of a win against Fleetwood at home.  

O’Connell looks like a cart horse.  Ball playing defender my arse.  Signed off Rochdale who finished 18th in League 2.

We’re already at who I would like to see culled at the end of the season stage, and there’s a lot of candidates 

Mansfield, Kirk, Morgan, McGrandles, O’Connell, Inniss, Lavelle, Aneke

If you’re being honest, none of our squad are good enough imo 
    Have we signed a free agent , cabbles ? 

I'm getting a tad excited if that's the case. 

"Jayne" Mansfield ? 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Morgan is a great example of the futile plight of players at this club.  He’s not good enough.  We know this now after 100 games and very little to show for it, but all it takes is the odd game, one of his 100 Hollywood balls to land and we get the usual ‘I think there’s a player in there nonsense’.  It’s the same old pattern.  We’re like a bunch of alcoholics, falling off the wagon at some sniff of a win against Fleetwood at home.  

O’Connell looks like a cart horse.  Ball playing defender my arse.  Signed off Rochdale who finished 18th in League 2.

We’re already at who I would like to see culled at the end of the season stage, and there’s a lot of candidates 

Mansfield, Kirk, Morgan, McGrandles, O’Connell, Inniss, Lavelle, Aneke

If you’re being honest, none of our squad are good enough imo 
    Have we signed a free agent , cabbles ? 

I'm getting a tad excited if that's the case. 

"Jayne" Mansfield ? 
    Mansfield is my name for Jayisemi Fanny, after his failed deadline day move there.  He’s literally had that much impact in his time here, I think that’s an apt way to honour his input 
  • Options
    Won’t go down only because the bottom three are hopeless.
    The only problem with your statement is four clubs go down.

And unless we wake up sharpish I'm not sure if there is a 4th team worse than us.
  • Options
    It is time for all of us to start boycotting home games. Let the players and Garner know that we are not interested in the shite that they are serving up. More importantly see how Sandgaard reacts to a completely empty stadium. We are already not far off from this scenario. Come on lets do it. 
  • Options
    I’d start a poll but I think that would be abusing the use of it 

What will happen first this season, Stockley to score in open play or Aneke to start?

That’s how pathetic it is 
  • Options
    It is time for all of us to start boycotting home games. Let the players and Garner know that we are not interested in the shite that they are serving up. More importantly see how Sandgaard reacts to a completely empty stadium. We are already not far off from this scenario. Come on lets do it. 
    I don’t think he’ll give a hoot if the stadiums empty, all wel’ll do is shoot our selves in the foot.
  • Options
    This team is crying out for a striker that fits the system.

It's so bloody frustrating 
       You are so right 
        But unfortunately our Ego trip Rock n Roll
        Owner is full of shit and without integrity or 
        Sufficient proper funds to run this club.
        Very disappointing 👎👎👎👎