Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    No team has won the euros that got knocked out before the final. 
  • Options
    edited June 14
    CAFCTrev said:
    No team has won the euros that got knocked out before the final. 
    Denmark.

Got knocked out in qualifying.
  • Options
    Thanks Michael Owen
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Flying out first thing tomorrow to Frankfurt.

Spending the afternoon/evening in the fanpark in Düsseldorf for Germany vs Scotland.

Into Cologne on Saturday for Hungary v Switzerland.

All day in Gelsenkirchen for England v Serbia on Sunday.

First ever trip to Dortmund on Tuesday for Turkey v Georgia

And then finishing up in Frankfurt on Thursday for England v Denmark

Cannot bloody wait.
    Sounds good Tom will you be travelling by train.
    Yes, most of the games in the West of the country are fairly close together and you can get to most cities within an hour or so. They’ve discounted train travel quite heavily for those with match tickets too. 29 Euros for any long distance journey anywhere in the country, and free local transport.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    Flying out first thing tomorrow to Frankfurt.

Spending the afternoon/evening in the fanpark in Düsseldorf for Germany vs Scotland.

Into Cologne on Saturday for Hungary v Switzerland.

All day in Gelsenkirchen for England v Serbia on Sunday.

First ever trip to Dortmund on Tuesday for Turkey v Georgia

And then finishing up in Frankfurt on Thursday for England v Denmark

Cannot bloody wait.
    Sounds good Tom will you be travelling by train.
    Yes, most of the games in the West of the country are fairly close together and you can get to most cities within an hour or so. They’ve discounted train travel quite heavily for those with match tickets too. 29 Euros for any long distance journey anywhere in the country, and free local transport.
    Just a heads up (in case you didn't know already!) that German trains are notoriously bad and I've already seen lots of people complaining about delays in the last few days. I'd leave at least an hours wiggle room
  • Options
    France 1984, didn't have to qualify as they were hosts.
    No country from outside Europe have ever won the Euros... Got ya now haven't we...
  • Options
    England shortest odds at the bookies... Presumably just the English bookies, since England aren't going to win 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No country from outside Europe have ever won the Euros... Got ya now haven't we...
    Haha yep!  Israel would be your best bet there if they had a better team!
  • Options
    Haha yep!  Israel would be your best bet there if they had a better team!
    Guess the likes of Kazakhstan and Georgia (who are in the Euros) could count, but they've got one foot in Europe as well
  • Options
    or Soviet Union
  • Options
    Anyway,

COME ON ENGLAND

Suck their eyes out.
  • Options
    Off to Birmingham Airport this afternoon - check in and watch the Scotland game. Then flying to Frankfurt at 5.30 tomorrow morning (hardly worth going to bed!). Train to Essen Sunday morning for the Serbia game then back to Frankfurt on Monday, and likely on the piss until the Denmark game on Thursday.

Anyone likely to be in Frankfurt Monday to Thursday next week or at the game on Sunday? Be good to meet up with some Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Enjoy Bob, I know of 4 Charlton fans off to Germany next Tuesday for 10 days - can't remember what games they told me they had tickets to, think they've 3 so far
  • Options
    5 of us going.
    1 1/2 hours drive to Flensburg tomorrow morning from Odense in a Ford Mustang EV. Train from Flensburg to Hamburg (2 hours). Then 5 1/2 hours on a high speed train on First Class to Stuttgart. Arriving 2.30pm (most likely well oiled as one of my mates is a wine connoisseur and will be bringing heaps) and then continue all night.
    Sunday: Breakfast and then on it again before the Slovenia v Denmark game at 6pm.
    Mind you, tickets were 400 euro each, so should stay fairly sober so I have some memory of the game.
    Back to Denmark on Monday.
  • Options
    No team has won the euros that didn't win the euros. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Denmark won the Euros without hosting or qualifying though.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Denmark won the Euros without hosting or qualifying though.
    But they won them, so they aren't a team that didn't win the euros. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mild excitement here today, i am working but still just love Euros/ World cup, also with US open on aswell i am happy. I am not kidding myself England are going to win but i'll enjoy it while we are in, been playing england songs this morning on loud to get in the mood! 

Tonight is a bit dirty not sure i want Scotland or Germany, maybe a 0-0 draw would suffice haha 
  • Options
    Mild excitement here today, i am working but still just love Euros/ World cup, also with US open on aswell i am happy. I am not kidding myself England are going to win but i'll enjoy it while we are in, been playing england songs this morning on loud to get in the mood! 

Tonight is a bit dirty not sure i want Scotland or Germany, maybe a 0-0 draw would suffice haha 
    I'd find it hilarious if Germany lost to Scotland, definitely want Scotland to win tonight.
  • Options
    As usual I’m really looking forward to this international tournament and as usual no-one I’ve spoken to here (in France), other than a football coach I know, and kids my son is friends with, are even aware that it starts today. They really are the most undeserving nation footballwise on the planet - it does my head in.
  • Options
    100% cheering on Scotland tonight. Plenty of my family are in Munich for the game tonight. Hopefully an early goal for them to try and defend for the rest of the game.
  • Options
    I know Ronaldo is by no means finished and he’ll probably get a couple of goals, but no way will he end up top scorer.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I know Ronaldo is by no means finished and he’ll probably get a couple of goals, but no way will he end up top scorer.
    I hope not, i have seen him tipped as they have an easy group but equally hope someone outscores him even for Portugal. As you can tell big fan :smile:

• Options
    edited June 14
    Winner - ENGLAND
    Top Scorer - KANE
    Best Player - BELLINGHAM
    England - WINNERS
    Scotland win a game - THEY WONT EVEN SCORE 

Fuck it why not…
    I’m going the same. 

Except Scotland won’t complete more than 20 passes…the ones they do will all be from  kicking off (3 times because it was their kick off and 17 times from goals conceded)
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I hope not, i have seen him tipped as they have an easy group but equally hope someone outscores him even for Portugal. As you can tell big fan :smile:

Happy for this to be quoted after he gets 2 hat tricks in 2 games…but I just don’t think the way Portugal play is conducive to him getting lots of goals.