Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Options
    Sorry but nah. Trippier can actually defend and can take free kicks and corners as good as TAA can. Open play passing TAA has the edge but I don’t want him anywhere near the England team partly because his defending is shite but also his confidence is absolutely shot. Imagine we lose to Iran or USA and he has a mare? 

Who else do we take as striker backup is a concern as well. Outside of Kane nobody is really standing out. 
    I expect it will be Abraham 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Trippier is definitely ahead of TAA.

Think Ben White could get in the squad now too wuth Walker injured, as the right of 3 option.

He's doing well at right back this season.
  • Options
    I hope we don't put Trippier over on the left again, if he plays play him RB where he has been steady and playing well (unlike TAA) also brings the set pieces, i know TAA is capable there but for me no decision if James isn't fit should be Trips, even in a back 5. Chilwell should be the front runner on the left bar an injury! 
  • Options
    Shaw seems to be finding his feet again as well, so I think we will be fine there 
  • Options
    Not worried about left back, Shaw and Chilwell will both go if fit.

Our problem as we all know is at centre back, and of course if Rice or Kane get injured.
  • Options
    Last tournament I thought Trippier would start to regress and TAA would push on. 

Now I think Trippier is the much better option for this World Cup. I'd have maybe gone James had he been fit.

Not expecting much and in a way that's not the worst thing.
  • Options
    Shaw seems to be finding his feet again as well, so I think we will be fine there 
    He's found his feet because he's lost a couple of inches from his waist.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    They won't be kicked out at this stage but if they were, it'd have to be the UAE replacing them, wouldn't it? They were the best performing Asian nation who failed to qualify after losing in the intra-confederation playoff to Australia.

The other, probably less likely option, would be awarding the spot to Peru who lost to Australia in the inter-confederation playoff but would've likely beaten UAE. Since there's no CONMEBOL nation in Group B, that could also fit.

Or option three, even less likely but FIFA would love the opportunity for some extra cash, quickly fly both Peru and UAE squads to Qatar for a one-off play-off game to decide who gets the place in Group B.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heard on the radio that Iran has been getting involved in Russia/Ukraine war, maybe another reason to kick em out.
  • Options
    I assume any kind of ban would have to come off the back of some sort of international sanctions being placed against them (the way it was with Russia).

Without that, I cannot see anything changing.

Was watching a documentary about 2010 the other day, and North Korea were in it!
  • Options
    Heard on the radio that Iran has been getting involved in Russia/Ukraine war, maybe another reason to kick em out.
    On that basis the USA and quite a few European nations would have to go as well.
  • Options
    Argentina piss it 

• Options
    Qatar authorities have just announced that all COVID rules for entry to the country have been scrapped. 

Until today, the rule was that you’d have to have a negative PCR test within 48 hours of leaving your home country to be allowed in.

Great news that common sense has prevailed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just cant get excited about it. 

Don't even know the dates it starts or finishes

Dont know the dates when England are playing 

Just taken all the shine off it being in the middle of the season AND when we are still playing League games.

FIFA stinks.
    as much as I don't agree with you about a lot, I couldn't agree more. I know I should just get over it but I have zero excitement about this, the whole point of a world cup to me is an off-season footy distraction to tide me over til the season starts. I have, for the first time in my life, no idea what day it starts because I'm not counting down the days for more football like usual, I can barely remember our group, when in other years I would have already planned out England's potential second round and QF potential opponents.

Nothing to do with the country it's held in, just the time of year. Sorry if that is being negative but I just want my summer world cups back please, because this one isn't wanted or needed for me. God i hope once it gets going I can get back into the swing of it.
  • Options
    World Cup 2022: Australia players criticise human rights record of hosts Qatar in video
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63407407
  • Options
    My money is on Argentina.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Popular Football/Football Manager YouTuber doing a 6-10 minute preview on every team (one per day) leading into the tournament.

https://youtu.be/jnjgq3C2pdA
  • Options
    PS has anyone got a Panini sticker book for this year?
  • Options
    PS has anyone got a Panini sticker book for this year?
    Yeah, me and the boy are doing it. £65 for a box on ebay, I'd recommend getting the hardback book off of the Panini website. 
  • Options
    World Cup 2022: Australia players criticise human rights record of hosts Qatar in video
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63407407

Will get more publicly if they don’t go then ….