Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town | Saturday 29th October 2022

Comments

• Options
    Deserved something from that game .. 2 lose two defenders go 2 down having one the worst refs we ever seen ….. yet this team spirit and guts was there to see .. Ipswich 3rd come from a wrong offside call against us and then the 4th you think that’s killed us .. but no we come back again fantastic ….
    Ben Garner rant as he left the pitch absolutely brilliant and good to see TS get good reception today as well .. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
  • Options
    I left with 4 minutes of stoppage time left vs MK Dons, I'll admit. But we were never dragging that one back 
  • Options
    Stayed til the end - absolute scenes! Told my son after to drink this in because he’ll never see a finish like that again -  COYA!!
    We did something like this to Peterborough a few years ago, didn't we? 
  • Options
    i never saw that coming. 
    When you score 4 you should win but there is always the one when you need to score 4 to get something. I don’t know what team feels the worst probably Ipswich 2 goals up deep into stoppage time and let a 2 goal lead slip.
    I was at a 4-4 draw with Ipswich a few years back, leaburn senior scored the drawer. 
    I didn’t go today had drinks, quite a few of them, with friends. I would have liked to of been there as well drinking. 
  • Options
    Ed Sheeran seemed to take it in good spirits, and was posing for selfies during and after the game.

Away fans in boxes in the Curbs Stand do cause friction though, a problem we regularly had back in the PL days
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    What more could a boy want 😁

Hair?   :smiley:

Your nickname is definitely not razor 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ridiculous game.  We were woeful in the first half, absolutely woeful, which reinforces that we just don’t have enough quality in this team as a whole.  Great character to keep going after being 2 goals down on separate occasions.  Aneke and CBT were so much more impactful than Stockley and Kirk, but neither can be relied on for consistent fitness or consistency.  

You have to say Ipswich will be kicking themselves letting us back in the game in the manner they did.  They should’ve been out of site.  

It’s impossible to make any sense of today.  Just a crazy game and enjoy the entertainment.  
  • Options
    Garner not holding back in his criticism of the ref.
    Too fucking right. I’m sick of these abysmal refs getting away with it or their dreadful performances being forgotten because we’ve got a point or won.
  • Options
    i never saw that coming. 
    When you score 4 you should win but there is always the one when you need to score 4 to get something. I don’t know what team feels the worst probably Ipswich 2 goals up deep into stoppage time and let a 2 goal lead slip.
    I was at a 4-4 draw with Ipswich a few years back, leaburn senior scored the drawer. 
    I didn’t go today had drinks, quite a few of them, with friends. I would have liked to of been there as well drinking. 
    Lmao, I do 
  • Options
    Blimey what a statement! Can’t question if they’ve got fight 
  • Options
    An amazing finish - couldn't believe it when we equalised. Some kamikaze defending at both ends.

Four goals in injury time is utterly bonkers.
  • Options
    Go on. Be honest. How many of you fcuked off and missed the equaliser?
    Walked out at 2-3….oh well, heard their 4th go in as we left. 

Mental, not a lot else to say

Can honestly say that’s the worst ref I’ve seen down there in 40+ years 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

That's what used to be called a 'Grandstand finish'.

Only on the BBC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    1StevieG said:
    Andy Keogh. What a melt. That is all
    Richard Keogh - Dont worry, he's got the permanent look of someone used to being shocked by a scoreline

Sorry I keep calling him Andy for some reason. Everyone around me must have thought who’s this Andy fella you’re abusing? And let’s just enjoy the irony of bringing him on to shore up the defence. He’s 92 ffs. Thanks Ipswich! 😂

for someone in their advanced years you’d expect them not to run to mummy or the 4th official when you get a bit of chirp off the home fans.
  • Options
    I think what that second half showed is how much we just need to simplify things in the final third. Aneke obviously makes a huge difference but you can’t tell me Stockley, however poor his form has been, wouldn’t be more of a threat with a few more balls into the box like we put in second half. We have to find that way to transition from patient build up to being quicker and more direct once we’re within 40 yards of goal. 

Totally agree with you about Stockley.

Whenever we've had a gameplan that's exploited his strengths, he's consistantly scored goals for us.

We don't do that anymore, and he's floundering bereft of confidence, because of it.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    hey, 4 goals after 90 minutes is that a world first..?
    15 when we played Sunderland at Wembley in 1998