Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Hayes appointed caretaker manager. Jason Pearce his assistant......

Comments

• Options
    Thought it was bizarre starting with Payne, Morgan and JFC in the first place even with Chuks on. They're all much of a muchness, there may be room for two of them, but three - they're just too similar. Our midfield was calling out for some proper width.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I have never seen a manager look so lost for words after just one defeat. He had the look of someone that had lost six on the trot , had tried everything and had completely run out of ideas.
    I said on the other thread that he came over as a junior coach, someone used to working with players as their friend. That was a very passive interview.
  • Options
    Wonder if he’s just a yes man? Weird team selection, smacks of someone (not necessarily him) trying to be too clever by half
  • Options
    He looks like he’s fighting indigestion when he talks
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Shitshow 

Guy who's been qualified for 3 days and a rugby player.
    Marginally better qualifications for the job than Karel Fraeye 
    Not that it seemed to help matters
  • Options
    It seems the relegation battle starts here. 
    On Sat we play a team that has only won 2 games all season. 
    Think we know how that will play out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It seems the relegation battle starts here. 
    On Sat we play a team that has only won 2 games all season. 
    Think we know how that will play out. 
    It’s so boringly obvious isn’t it?
    Still, gives the new 10-0-0 formation another game to bed in
  • Options
    Seemed completely out of his depth. We're fucked.
  • Options
    need someone like karel fraeye to come in and steady the ship 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    said it on the other thread, and sorry if it has been answered but where is the assistant manager? I am in an assistant manager role in my job, my role is to be there and provide continuity and clarity for the companies employees and hold the fort down when the manager can't do it. The entire point of the role is that. So where the fuck is he if he hasn't been relieved of his duties (which specifically cater for that purpose)

I'm not paid to just smile and give the thumbs up to the boss when he does stuff then disappear when he's gone
  • Options
    said it on the other thread, and sorry if it has been answered but where is the assistant manager? I am in an assistant manager role in my job, my role is to be there and provide continuity and clarity for the companies employees and hold the fort down when the manager can't do it. The entire point of the role is that. So where the fuck is he if he hasn't been relieved of his duties (which specifically cater for that purpose)

I'm not paid to just smile and give the thumbs up to the boss when he does stuff
    Thought I read somewhere, SLP maybe, that he wasn’t in the right mindset to do it (or words to that effect)
  • Options

I'm not paid to just smile and give the thumbs up to the boss when he does stuff
    Thought I read somewhere, SLP maybe, that he wasn’t in the right mindset to do it (or words to that effect)
    isn't Pearce the new caretaker assistant manager?
  • Options

he should quit then. 

No wonder the team can't be fucked. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    DOUCHER said:

edit. bit out of order comment so revoked it.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

We are saying why didn’t Scott Lindsay take over as caretaker which would usually be the norm.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    DOUCHER said:

We are saying why didn’t Scott Lindsay take over as caretaker which would usually be the norm.
    if my boss got sacked i'd be holding my hand up to keep things going, out of pride and responsibility if nothing else - wouldn't even dream of taking my ball and going home and leaving it to the work experience lad to do it. And I have as much reason for loyalty to my manager as whoever the fuck it is (edited- i thought we were managed by James Garner so don't ask me lol) does 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

Scott Lindsey is at Swindon. Think you mean Scott Marshall.

Perhaps they were contracted as a pair but who knows?
  • Options
    To be fair to him I think he knows he’s way out of his depth and when it comes to team selection, it really doesn’t matter.  Aneke, Mansfield, CBT, Kirk, Payne, Raki Saki, they’re all mediocre players, some more mediocre than others.  The good news is we’ve got Mr Tickle available again on Saturday.  Can’t wait to see his arms and legs flapping all over the shop in an attempt to look like a forward 
  • Options
    Given his performance on the touchline tonight I would says Hayes inspirational skills need some work. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    cabbles said:
    To be fair to him I think he knows he’s way out of his depth0 and when it comes to team selection, it really doesn’t matter.  Aneke, Mansfield, CBT, Kirk, Payne, Raki Saki, they’re all mediocre players, some more mediocre than others.  The good news is we’ve got Mr Tickle available again on Saturday.  Can’t wait to see his arms and legs flapping all over the shop in an attempt to look like a forward 
    he could have said no thanks though? its a bit like taking a penalty don't put your hand up if you ain't up for it.

shouldn't have even been put in the position when the assistant manager is standing there scratching his nuts
  • Options
    We're going down aren't we - 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    mascot88 said:
    We're going down aren't we - 
    I said it last season & been saying it this that I think (thought) that we'll be alright as we'll be able to scrape enough points to end up outside the bottom 4.

Now I'm not so sure. After tonight, where the new "manager" seemed to have less than a clue than the last one, I just don't see where the wins are going to come from. Currently there is no fight in the team. More worryingly there are no goals in it. Another match goes by where we didnt have a meaningful shot on target. Aneke & Payne did at least try, but both scuffed their shots very wide.....and I think the stats people included Chin's cross-cum-shot at the end as "on target" as the keeper did actually have to dive to stop it.

As for team selection & tactics. If, in your first game in charge, you think replacing your one & only striker with a defensive midfielder, and then putting DJ & JRS up front instead (a tactic that didnt work on Friday night either) is your best move then frankly my dear you can **** ***.

My biggest fear is that once we get dragged into a proper relegation fight then these players dont have it in them to scrap like terriers & get out if it. We have over the past couple of months played the bottom team in the league.....and not won. Saturday we play Morecombe, who are the most recent incumbent of 24th place. Really can't see us getting even a point up there. If we then dont pick up many points against B. Rovers, Peterborough, Oxford & Pompey we could find ourselves in real trouble come January. 

Eeek.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    we won't get dragged into a relegation battle. The issue is psychological - we consistently play to the standard of our opponents - that has come from the set up and emphasis the coaching team outlays (subliminaly maybe?) seems like everyone in the squad thinks they are better than they actually are, they give it the big un and get found out by lower teams because they consistently underestimate them, make assumptions about their own abilities. "oh we are better than them, we should walk it" "oh, they are decent, we need to work hard this week when we play them"

it's fucking childlike. and i'm sick of it this season.
  • Options
    Didn’t see the interview after or have ever heard him talk, but it clearly didn’t work at home with DJ and Rak Sak playing as our most offensive two, so it worry’s me he thought it might work in the last half hour in a game we were increasingly finding it difficult to get the ball held further up the field. I

If Chuks seriously can’t last more than a half then having an approach & options to remove your only striker at half time was only ever going to shift the momentum to the opposition for the 2nd half.

Tactically that made no sense
    He was interviewed on Charlton tv a couple of months back. When asked about his role in the set u he replied (or words to that effect) " I'm in charge of set plays but the less said about that the better, hahaha"
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Didn’t see the interview after or have ever heard him talk, but it clearly didn’t work at home with DJ and Rak Sak playing as our most offensive two, so it worry’s me he thought it might work in the last half hour in a game we were increasingly finding it difficult to get the ball held further up the field. I

If Chuks seriously can’t last more than a half then having an approach & options to remove your only striker at half time was only ever going to shift the momentum to the opposition for the 2nd half.

He was interviewed on Charlton tv a couple of months back. When asked about his role in the set u he replied (or words to that effect) " I'm in charge of set plays but the less said about that the better, hahaha"
    maybe he just doesn't interview well. i'm really trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but i'm stuggling to see why he was hired in the first place though in any role. 
  • Options
    TEL said:

maybe he just doesn't interview well. i'm really trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but i'm stuggling to see why he was hired in the first place though in any role. 
    He won't last long, so it doesn't really matter.