Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Hayes appointed caretaker manager. Jason Pearce his assistant......

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Kap10 said:

That said, Hayes came over as a nice guy at the Q&A but really did not sound like managerial material.  He may have the coaching certificates but will he bring the players with him, I have my doubts even with Pearce, 5 months coaching kids experience, by his side.
    Pearcey knows the dressing room, knows most of the players, knows their strengths and weakness, knows where the problems are.
    He's man-manager and motivator, the one dealing with the players hands on.

He's already worked as a player with Hayes, who no doubt will work more on the gameplan and tactical approach.

It could be a good combination, though time will tell.

You are right we don't know until we see what happens, I mean Grott and Curbs worked and we then thought keeping Curbs and getting rid of Gritt was nuts! 

I expressed my doubts, but I am shit at Championship  Manager so what do I know!
  • Options
    JFo said:

Hale and Nopace in our case
  • Options
    JFo said:

It was raining really hard the other day, I couldn’t believe the pace of the hail 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    And on we go......
    .....to League Two.
  • Options
    Can he be any worse than Garner who managed an incredible 5 wins out of 20?
  • Options
    BigRedEvil said:
    Can he be any worse than Garner who managed an incredible 5 wins out of 20

• Options
    Looks a Hail Mary call 

• Options
    Don’t understand some comments on here, Hayes & Pearce are temporary appointments. I don’t see either stepping up permanently. Probably won’t even be in charge on Saturday.
    I remind you of Karel Fraeye.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t understand some comments on here, Hayes & Pearce are temporary appointments. I don’t see either stepping up permanently. Probably won’t even be in charge on Saturday.
    I remind you of Karel Fraeye.
    No, you remind us of that other bloke off the radio
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Kap10 said:

That said, Hayes came over as a nice guy at the Q&A but really did not sound like managerial material.  He may have the coaching certificates but will he bring the players with him, I have my doubts even with Pearce, 5 months coaching kids experience, by his side.
    Pearcey knows the dressing room, knows most of the players, knows their strengths and weakness, knows where the problems are.

He's already worked as a player with Hayes, who no doubt will work more on the gameplan and tactical approach.

How do we know Pearce is a man manager and motivator? 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    The bigger question is: Who will be the next manager after Hayes gets the job then gets sacked for playing a medium press? 
    Has to be someone in the ticket office ‘who can do 24 keepy uppies’ or the assistant groundsman who is ‘quite good at tackling’. 

We should get Yann involved to operate the French Press.
  • Options
    The Red Robin said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Kap10 said:

That said, Hayes came over as a nice guy at the Q&A but really did not sound like managerial material. He may have the coaching certificates but will he bring the players with him, I have my doubts even with Pearce, 5 months coaching kids experience, by his side.

How do we know Pearce is a man manager and motivator? 

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Davo55 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Sorry. Who is Anthony Hayes?
    He is the guy that has been in charge of bringing our academy players through in the last few years. He’s a very well respected coach within the club and he knows the players.  He was also working with the first team alongside Ben GarnerThis season.  

I hope we get behind him and the team 
    Well said. It's not Hayes' or Pearcey's fault that the whole club is a shitshow and we shouldn't take our frustrations out on them. Hayes is a very good up and coming coach who did stellar work in our academy. Pearce was limited as a player but no-one can ever say he gave it less that 100%. He played with his heart on his sleeve and I've no doubt he will tear the players a new one if they don't do the same. As a caretaker arrangement it's ok. Let's get behind them.
    What other choice do we have? Hot Shot Hamish would have been in line next 
    Can you imagine, 'Hot Shot Hamish' and 'Thunder Boots Martin' in the same building. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    And on we go......

That said, Hayes came over as a nice guy at the Q&A but really did not sound like managerial material. He may have the coaching certificates but will he bring the players with him, I have my doubts even with Pearce, 5 months coaching kids experience, by his side.
    Pearcey knows the dressing room, 
  • Options
    League Two now pretty much a given....writ large.
  • Options
    ro_addick said:
    League Two now pretty much a given....writ large.
    Hope I'm wrong, but this doesn't look good for survival, whatsoever...in League One, no less...phew, how far as our Great Club sunk.
  • Options
    Hayes appointment looks nothing more than yet again kicking the can down the road...where's it all going...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ro_addick said:
    Hayes appointment looks nothing more than yet again kicking the can down the road...where's it all going...
    Depends what road you started off in…
  • Options
    ro_addick said:
    The cynic in me thinks it’ll be a caretaker situation until the end of January so it can be used as an excuse not to spend money in the window. 
  • Options
    ro_addick said:
    Who would you have appointed? 
  • Options
    Sorry. Who is Anthony Hayes?
    Something to do with the museum I think? 

What next? They'll be making the burger boy COO!
  • Options
    Decent choices for the caretaker roles, but I don't want to see them getting the job full time
     Couldn’t really see any other internal options. Don’t see it being a quick turnaround either if the last couple of appointment processes are anything to go by.
    Significantly worse options than last time when conceivably Jacko or Euelly could have got it and even had a claim to the permanent role.
  • Options
    Read somewhere he was the assistant head of coaching at Brentford surely that has to amount to something.
  • Options
    Read somewhere he was the assistant head of coaching at Brentford surely that has to amount to something.
    Would have been a while back as he said he has been here a few years
  • Options
    ro_addick said:
    It's a short term caretaker appointment. Garner was sacked on Monday, and we have a game on Wednesday, obviously there wouldn't be a new person in charge that quickly.

Not ideal, but Hayes and Pearce are the only logical short term choices, and lets face it how many of us expected us to win at Stockport anyway?
  • Options
    Can he be any worse than Garner who managed an incredible 5 wins out of 20?
    Yes.
  • Options
    Staying up is the ONLY target -

This club is just a damager of it's supporters health