Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Hayes appointed caretaker manager. Jason Pearce his assistant......

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    ct_addick said:
    I'd go 4-5-1 and grind out a result at Morecombe....much like what Curbs did in the old days.......

MacG
    Mitchell Inniss Lavelle Sessingon
    CBT Clare Dobbo Fraser
          Stockley

Need a team of battlers (maybe not Fraser) with CBT the fast break outlet.....Boring as Fcuk but need to stop the rot

10 players?!

Original!

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Didn’t see the interview after or have ever heard him talk, but it clearly didn’t work at home with DJ and Rak Sak playing as our most offensive two, so it worry’s me he thought it might work in the last half hour in a game we were increasingly finding it difficult to get the ball held further up the field. I

If Chuks seriously can’t last more than a half then having an approach & options to remove your only striker at half time was only ever going to shift the momentum to the opposition for the 2nd half.

Tactically that made no sense
    That’s what people on here have been clamouring for and surprise surprise it didn’t work.

”Why leave Chuks on the bench to come on when we’re already behind?”

”Start Chuks to give us a lead and then take him off”
    Let’s face it, Chuks is an impact player against players that are not fresh. To expect him to do anything else, just isn’t the case. The problem is that we don’t have players that we can use before he comes on. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Said at the time of his appointment it was completely baffling.  Having heard him speak at the fans event at The Valley he came across quite timid and not hugely inspirational.  Not an issue as a coach, not a manager though.

To then start the team he did in what is likely to be one of his only managerial games was just unfathomable.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    I'd go 4-5-1 and grind out a result at Morecombe....much like what Curbs did in the old days.......

MacG
    Mitchell Inniss Lavelle Sessingon
    CBT Clare Dobbo Fraser
          Stockley

Need a team of battlers (maybe not Fraser) with CBT the fast break outlet.....Boring as Fcuk but need to stop the rot
    That's 4-4-1
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Boring as Fcuk but need to stop the rot
    Do you know, in the circumstances I would give the players a day off. Saves any further embarrassment. :wink:

• Options
    Game is off.

Shame because I read somewhere that AH/TS were plotting to launch a top 4 run of form from this game.