Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Hayes appointed caretaker manager. Jason Pearce his assistant......

Comments

• Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Totally unproven, even as a caretaker.

What a joke appointment 
    I mean. I’m Not sure what his janitorial skillset has to do with anything. Pearce has probably been a sweeper over the years…
  • Options
    It’s funny how things move on.

Good luck, Anthony.… You just never know.
    I think we probably do
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    The Club is a farce.

I am so despondent I have to try and find humour in the situation as events defy serious analysis.

Phil Parkinson and Lee Bowyer favoured a V neck jumper on the touchline. Will Hayes keep up family traditions with a cardigan?

Apologies for the badge.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    shine166 said:
    Leuth said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Sorry. Who is Anthony Hayes?
    Glad this got more likes than Lol's as I didn't have a clue who this was

I dont follow the academy/youth/women's teams
    Been in the first team set-up for a while tbf
    In the context of cafc staff, what does 'a while' mean ? 
    It means he can sing the first couple of lines of Red Red Robin
  • Options
    I think the point most people are making is that it doesnt matter who is manager the current status quo will continue all the time the ownership prolongs this sycophantic egocentric regime. Friction between BG and Martin my arse ! Wtf does he know to criticise ANY manager.
  • Options
    Decent choices for the caretaker roles, but I don't want to see them getting the job full time
    For all we know this may well turn out to be a pleasantly successful pairing.
    The odds are against it of course but sometimes unlikely things happen in all walks of life….none more so than in the world of sport.
    It’s way too soon to say you wouldn’t want them to be appointed full time, stranger things have happened, who’s to say how it will turn out?
    I wish them both the very best.
    Posted by an as always glass half full merchant.
  • Options
    Can we get the Moroccan Amrabat (?spelling) on loan? He looks a player to me.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Skintgaard resorted to the obvious and cheapest short term option
    With his track record and lack of funds it ain't just gonna be the short term tho is it?
    Hayes & Pearce will likely still be in post as the January window closes, mustering a matchday squad from a further depleted rabble, after palace and fulham think their young loanees will be better served elsewhere.  The shithouse owner will cash in on any offer received for any player, regardless of the impact on the squad.
    Goes without saying there'll be no January recruitment, even if the cowardly narcissist had 2 cents to his name he ain't blowing it on CAFC is he?  And who in their right mind that could improve the squad is gonna join this shabby gang show?

Let's hope that Hayes & Pearce (sounds like a quality brand don't it?) dispense with lunatic expectations from our donkey defenders and give sensible jobs to the players they have.
    Let's hope that they play as few people out of position as possible, weed out the duffers from the squad and Charlton's descent arrests no lower than 20th by 6 May

Good luck AH and JP FWIW we in the stands are behind you
    ?? There caretakers so yes they are a short term option 
    What if they turn things around you plumb.🤔
  • Options
    Bag O’Shite….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A lot of over reaction on here to what is, for the time being at least, a temporary appointment for which there weren't a lot of alternative candidates. That's partly because Sandgaard has binned off most of our experienced coaches, but that's not Anthony Hayes' fault.

Good luck Tone, I hope you prove to be an unexpected management genius.
  • Options
    The remit will be so different to Jackson's who apparently was expectedly to take Charlton from 22nd to 8th to keep his job.

Pick a team to give 100 % and pride in playing for the shirt. 
    The must win manta from Seth Plum needs to be binned as 5 wins from 20 League matches tells you that is dead in the water and was a non starter from day 1.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    The Club is a farce.

I am so despondent I have to try and find humour in the situation as events defy serious analysis.

Phil Parkinson and Lee Bowyer favoured a V neck jumper on the touchline. Will Hayes keep up family traditions with a cardigan?

Apologies for the badge.
    How are you meant to have a piss wearing that thing ....,. ????

• Options

The must win manta from Seth Plum needs to be binned as 5 wins from 20 League matches tells you that is dead in the water and was a non starter from day 1.
    Yeah, all that pressure he put on Garner ....... it's all Seth's fault 

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I with them both the very best not just for our sakes, but because if they do not turn us around Sandgaard will turf them out, even though they face the same obstacles as Jacko and Garner. In short those obstacles can be summarised as Sandgaard.

That said, Hayes came over as a nice guy at the Q&A but really did not sound like managerial material.  He may have the coaching certificates but will he bring the players with him, I have my doubts even with Pearce, 5 months coaching kids experience, by his side.
  • Options
    saw Pearce at his soccer school last night and joked with the person next me he’ll be 1st team coach within a couple of days. 

No real other options I suppose than these two
    The fact there’s no other real options is what’s so awful about this situation.
    Really? 99% of the time the caretaker is somebody at the club. Not many league 1 clubs have ready made managers waiting in the wings. Our situation isn’t good but not sure any of that is down to the caretaker for a game or two. 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

That said, Hayes came over as a nice guy at the Q&A but really did not sound like managerial material.  He may have the coaching certificates but will he bring the players with him, I have my doubts even with Pearce, 5 months coaching kids experience, by his side.
    Pearcey knows the dressing room, knows most of the players, knows their strengths and weakness, knows where the problems are.
    He's man-manager and motivator, the one dealing with the players hands on.

He's already worked as a player with Hayes, who no doubt will work more on the gameplan and tactical approach.

It could be a good combination, though time will tell.

• Options
    Kenneth Williams has been announced as the new permanent manager by owner Thomas Sandgaard this morning at a press conference from his jazz and hard rock home recording studio in Colorado.

"Kenneth brings a wide girth of experience to the role. I am putting my full weight behind him and it would be great for us all to come together behind him and  to see him suc-ceed. It's been a really rigorous and deep process. I am delighted to have filled the Managerial hole left after Garner was sacked. I am sure you'll all be as excited as me about watching the slick and penetrating style Kenneth is well known for."

• Options
    He could be our Alex Ferguson 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Oggy Red said:

Yeah, all that pressure he put on Garner ....... it's all Seth's fault 

Get a sense of humour on this issue Oggy 😀
    Seth Plum is a fan of the absurd and that's why he knew I'm sure we were the draw experts this season after the no fee no promotion window under Sandgaard.
  • Options
    I don't care, which is really sad.
  • Options
    Don’t understand some comments on here, Hayes & Pearce are temporary appointments. I don’t see either stepping up permanently. Probably won’t even be in charge on Saturday.
  • Options
    Don’t understand some comments on here, Hayes & Pearce are temporary appointments. I don’t see either stepping up permanently. Probably won’t even be in charge on Saturday.
    Yeah, agree, Large. If we lose at Stockport tomorrow, Hayesy & Pearcey will be toast.

Then it'll be Sam Lavelle and Charlie Kirk put in charge of the team at Morecambe. 

#manyatruewordsaidinjest

• Options
    Bangkokaddick said:
    Lots of negative comments but what are the other options? Curbs and Brownie? Sandgaard Junior and Brian Cole? Karen Hills and Raelynn?.

I wish Hayes and Pearcey all the best but at the same time hope that we will be able to find someone reputable to take the job on a full time basis. It won't be easy.

soapboxsam said:
    The remit will be so different to Jackson's who apparently was expectedly to take Charlton from 22nd to 8th to keep his job.

Pick a team to give 100 % and pride in playing for the shirt. 

• Options
    Unfortunately, on current evidence, bodes well for League Two.
  • Options
    Let’s finally blow this league out of the water!!!
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Totally unproven, even as a caretaker.

What a joke appointment 

pretty certain all the top managers that ever been..  started by someone given them a chance