Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anthony Hayes appointed caretaker manager. Jason Pearce his assistant......

Comments

• Once again Charlton fans attack someone new .. point is all the top managers in the world had to start somewhere.. he worked his way up through the club and deserves a chance 
  • As long as he dumps "Garnerball".
  • shine166 said:
    Shitshow 

Guy who's been qualified for 3 days and a rugby player.
    Oh Jackett In!.... No more, please!😎
  • limeygent said:
    As long as he dumps "Garnerball".
    Now we have Pearce "Hug 'em ball"
  • limeygent said:
    As long as he dumps "Garnerball".
    Now we have Pearce "Hug 'em ball"
    Coaching the players to have a heavy first touch, then when the oppo player gets away from them with the ball, down they go… every match will conclude with the entire team all getting an unexpected injury for the last 3 minutes, can’t wait.
  • He should fine players for each back-pass.
  • This was to be expected no matter who the owner is. I hope he does well as he is highly thought of so could be a good platform for him. 

Wouldnt be surprised if he kept things simple for tomorrow and made us more direct. Imagine Stockport will fly out the traps aswell! 
  • Sponsored links:

• time will tell .. all will depend of course on how the players react to his appointment .. the most important thing a t m is to get our players fit and firing to get us as far away from a relegation and as close as possible to a play off spot
  • A legendary pairing in the making.

Mark my words. In 20 years time we will be talking about these 2 in the same way we now enthuse over Curbs and Les Reed.
  • edited December 2022
    Sorry. Who is Anthony Hayes?
    Any relation to Emma Hayes? She's a better manager than most we've had.

No relation to the Londoner and very successful coach of Chelsea, Emma Hayes, or Ben Hayes of this parish but as has been mentioned Anthony Hayes an Irishman who has been involved with the academy, u21 and moved up to the first team to attempt to carry out the remit of Ben Garner.

There was a manager called Southgate at Middlesbrough back in the day who didn't have the top coaching badges and it was a problem if they hit the big time. I wonder what happened to him !
  • Hayes and Pearce will have the job until it’s obvious they can’t cut it. Cheap option with fingers crossed. Not that I’m that bothered either way to be honest.
  • edited December 2022
    Well going to Stockport for a cup tie, we may need more of what Jason Pearce can bring to the table than Anthony Hayes as the chance of a 4th round winnable tie at home against Walsall is a gateway to further success.

Caretakers have had success like JJ but also great embarrassment like Matthews and Roberts.

The combo of the quiet Irishman and the rugby tackling CB may be a good team in the interim. 
  • Wish him luck but he’ll be gone once he fails, which will be down to the players, remember they’re still the same ones? Then Jason will be moved up from assistant, “we go again” 💪
  • Good luck to those two, but we all know that he owner has to go, and  go as soon as possible. I  feel things could get very toxic quickly, if they are not already!. For me  an all time low. How much more do we have to put up with?
  • edited December 2022
    Well going to Stockport for a cup tie in cold conditions and with the atmosphere at cafc  lower than a Dachshunds testicles we may need more of what Jason Pearce can bring to the table than Anthony Hayes as the chance of a 4th round winnable tie at home against Walsall is a gateway to further success.

Caretakers have had success like JJ (while caretaker)but also great embarrassment for Matthews and Roberts who were good coaches; Only one game TBF.

The combo of the quiet Irishman and the rugby tackling CB may be a good team in the interim. May not be the game to emulate the 21 move goal from the Netherlands or dance like Brazil but role the sleeves up and give 100% to the cause.
  • I think we will wait till after the World Cup and maybe nick a manager from one of the losing quarter or semi finalists for buttons...  WHHHOOOAR!  Sorry i was inside TS's demented nut for a second!
    Yeah and sign a few of those players there that nobody else has noticed, stick a low ball bid in and then sell them for GAZILLIONS ! Martin is watching every game identifying the ones with hard shots
  • Good luck to them both. They have my full support. Hopefully all fans will get behind them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    Could everyone please sign up on the management rota by tomorrow so that we can work out who is off over Christmas. 
    That’ll be half the playing squad I fear. 😞
  • Slightly curious that the article on the OS doesn't mention Scott Marshall. I assume he's gone as well?
    According to Cawley he was asked if he would do it and replied that he wouldn't be right to work with the team for tomorrow.
  • Pearce as a player was actually pretty decent. 5 seasons in the Championship, so his playing record is way better than the majority of our squad.
    Maybe he should get his boots cleaned off, we could use him at the moment... ;)
  • swordfish said:
    shine166 said:
    Shitshow 

Guy who's been qualified for 3 days and a rugby player.
    Oh Jackett In!.... No more, please!😎
    He's been working as a coach for 17 years. The UEFA Pro licence is the final stage.
  • PWR

We have a game tomorrow!

Not sure what anyone can expect, other than Hayes in the immediacy and at this moment in time?
  • I obviously hope that the 2 of them will do well. For me it is the timing and the way things are being done at the club. I have no idea what BG's pay off would have been but imo the money would have been better spent towards a strikers wages in January. There is a famous saying "penny wise pound foolish" which sums this shit show up perfectly
  • Very conflicted to hear Hayes got the caretaker job as I really like him. I feel however that if Hayes does do well, that may slow Sandgaard selling up, which we clearly need him to do. 
  • Sorry. Who is Anthony Hayes?
    Glad this got more likes than Lol's as I didn't have a clue who this was

I dont follow the academy/youth/women's teams