Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Hayes appointed caretaker manager. Jason Pearce his assistant......

Comments

• Options
    Sorry. Who is Anthony Hayes?
    Any relation to Emma Hayes? She's a better manager than most we've had.
  • Options
    This will end up being out setup for the season now.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    He is the guy that has been in charge of bringing our academy players through in the last few years. He’s a very well respected coach within the club and he knows the players.  He was also working with the first team alongside Ben GarnerThis season.  

I hope we get behind him and the team 
    I certainly bear him no ill will, I very much doubt that he is responsible in any way and merely another person being used by Sandgaards ego.

That said, I hope I can  be forgiven for saying that even AS a caretaker this is extremely underwhelming.
  • Options
    The bigger question is: Who will be the next manager after Hayes gets the job then gets sacked for playing a medium press? 
    Has to be someone in the ticket office ‘who can do 24 keepy uppies’ or the assistant groundsman who is ‘quite good at tackling’. 

• Options
    No issues with Hayes or Pearce as individuals, and you can’t blame them for taking this sort of chance, which might never come along for them.

But it’s all just variation on a theme that won’t be fixed and will not work until we have a change of owner. 

• Options
    The only positive I can take is that it's a caretaker role.

That's by no means meant to be disrespectful to these guys but I'm hoping it means Tommy won't be putting a 'permanent' manager in charge because he's just about to sell the club?
    Clutching at straw. Hope you are right, but why would you get rid and pay off two members of the coaching staff if you are selling. I'm assuming Garners Swindon mate has gone to.
  • Options
    No issues with Hayes or Pearce as individuals, and you can’t blame them for taking this sort of chance, which might never come along for them.

But it’s all just variation on a theme that won’t be fixed and will not work until we have a change of owner. 

It’s just each time the protagonists in the theme are a bit less good, and a bit cheaper, and a bit less successful than the last and on it goes!
  • Options
    Decent choices for the caretaker roles, but I don't want to see them getting the job full time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    saw Pearce at his soccer school last night and joked with the person next me he’ll be 1st team coach within a couple of days. 

No real other options I suppose than these two
  • Options
    saw Pearce at his soccer school last night and joked with the person next me he’ll be 1st team coach within a couple of days. 

No real other options I suppose than these two
    The fact there’s no other real options is what’s so awful about this situation.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Results might not go well, but part of me wants to see Hayes given the job - As Swisdom says, he's done an excellent job with the Academy, whilst the Senior side is different gravy, what's to say he's not the next Nathan Jones? (or Les Reed).

Mark Bonner who has been doing so well with Cambridge is another who has had a similar pathway.

Whoever replaces Garner needs backing, that aint gonna happen whoever it is, not whilst Sandgaard is in charge.

But nothing to say Hayes isnt the right man, just because he doesnt have a CV
  • Options
    I give it one game.

Before Eddie Jones is appointed on a permanent basis.
  • Options
    Decent choices for the caretaker roles, but I don't want to see them getting the job full time
     Couldn’t really see any other internal options. Don’t see it being a quick turnaround either if the last couple of appointment processes are anything to go by.
  • Options
    Front man for Michael Sandgaard? 
  • Options
    I thought Anthony Haynes was a boxer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slightly curious that the article on the OS doesn't mention Scott Marshall. I assume he's gone as well?
  • Options
    Sorry. Who is AH

• Options
    Sorry. Who is AH

Dead Man Walking…..
  • Options
    I would have given it to Pearce but good luck to Hayes. He may need it.
  • Options
    Dean Holden getting a lot of support .. been offered roles as coach at Sheff Utd and No 2 at Brentford but now front runner for us
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Swisdom said:
    He is the guy that has been in charge of bringing our academy players through in the last few years. He’s a very well respected coach within the club and he knows the players.  He was also working with the first team alongside Ben GarnerThis season.  

I hope we get behind him and the team 
    Well said. It's not Hayes' or Pearcey's fault that the whole club is a shitshow and we shouldn't take our frustrations out on them. Hayes is a very good up and coming coach who did stellar work in our academy. Pearce was limited as a player but no-one can ever say he gave it less that 100%. He played with his heart on his sleeve and I've no doubt he will tear the players a new one if they don't do the same. As a caretaker arrangement it's ok. Let's get behind them.
    What other choice do we have? Hot Shot Hamish would have been in line next 
  • Options
    Give him a chance,  he won’t be any worse than Garner was.