Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anthony Hayes appointed caretaker manager. Jason Pearce his assistant......

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    jdsd42 said:
    First thing they need to do is give Dobson the armband...👍
    Was he captain Friday ? 
    No, captain Dobson. :wink:

Doh...why didn't I think of that one...🙄
  • Think it's great - both know the club and the players and, hopefully, what's not been working.  Pearce should be able to focus on defence.  And they are CARETAKERS - who knows what will happen in January...
  • Looking forward to JP in the technical area

• Haven't read the entire thread but what exactly are Hayes' credentials? He was only promoted up to first team coach 6 months ago, and now he's the manager?

The only positives about this mess i would say is that these type of appointments have generally served us well over the years, and that he certainly can't do much worse than where we currently are.
    He's cheap - doh, come on, get up to speed!
  • edited December 2022
    Liked those clips Callum posted , yes they kept possession but it never seemed aimless , the goal against Reading is a very well worked team move where the ball was moved way quicker than under Garner. 
  • Surely Pearce only has to give one of his looks to the players pre match and say ‘lose this you’re all dead’?
    Sorted.
  • Pearce will sort the dressing room out and hopefully instill a bit of fight and winning mentality.

• Sponsored links:

• BigDiddy said:
    Totally unproven, even as a caretaker.

What a joke appointment 

Of course it could turn out to be a prolonged role due to any number of things but it’s initially a caretaker job. Not defending any of it but who the feck would you have put in charge for tomorrow and weekend ? 
    I would have put Pearce in charge temporarily, if we have to wait.  Crowd immediately on side, old school pro that would have instilled a bit of short term togetherness and passion plus he played with a lot of the squad.  I am far from suggesting that as a long term plan.
  • BigDiddy said:
    Totally unproven, even as a caretaker.

What a joke appointment 

Of course it could turn out to be a prolonged role due to any number of things but it’s initially a caretaker job. Not defending any of it but who the feck would you have put in charge for tomorrow and weekend ? 
    Danny Senda could have been another alternative 
  • Lots of negative comments but what are the other options? Curbs and Brownie? Sandgaard Junior and Brian Cole? Karen Hills and Raelynn?.

I wish Hayes and Pearcey all the best but at the same time hope that we will be able to find someone reputable to take the job on a full time basis. It won't be easy.
  • Lots of negative comments but what are the other options? Curbs and Brownie? Sandgaard Junior and Brian Cole? Karen Hills and Raelynn?.

I wish Hayes and Pearcey all the best but at the same time hope that we will be able to find someone reputable to take the job on a full time basis. It won't be easy.
     If they've got a good reputation and they want to preserve it they will steer well clear of Sandgaard and his circus.
  • "right lads...ill show the Jason Pearce way of defending.."

Next game:

Shirt pulling should be an automatic penalty and heres why

Tbf Italy won this game!
  • Once again Charlton fans attack someone new .. point is all the top managers in the world had to start somewhere.. he worked his way up through the club and deserves a chance 
    Moron.
  • Leuth said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Sorry. Who is Anthony Hayes?
    Glad this got more likes than Lol's as I didn't have a clue who this was

I dont follow the academy/youth/women's teams
    Been in the first team set-up for a while tbf
    In the context of cafc staff, what does 'a while' mean ? 
  • Once again Charlton fans attack someone new .. point is all the top managers in the world had to start somewhere.. he worked his way up through the club and deserves a chance 
    Moron.
    Very good at Southampton 
  • RobRob
    edited December 2022
    I like this. At least we have hope and something new to cling onto. We were going only one way under Garner - down. Lack of experience I know but let’s face it the last three appointments who had experience didn’t exactly do a good job. As usual there’s a whole plethora of negative comments on here. You’re damned if you do and you’re damned if you don’t. Let’s give them a chance. 
  • Leuth said:
    Jason Pierce as assistant? Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in League One

Leuth said:
    Jason Pierce as assistant? Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in League One

*towards a League Two (hard) landing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob said:
    I like this. At least we have hope and something new to cling onto. We were going only one way under Garner - down. Lack of experience I know but let’s face it the last three appointments who had experience didn’t exactly do a good job. As usual there’s a whole plethora of negative comments on here. You’re damned if you do and you’re damned if you don’t. Let’s give them a chance. 
    You could argue that Adkins had to go just on League position alone. The other 2 you could make arguments for them all day why they should not have gone.

No one wants to see Hayes fail but when it comes to Sandgaard you just know there will be another sacking if he’s still here as owner in 12 months time. 

Moron.
    Harsh on Hayes give the fella a chance 😉.
    Moron.
    Bit harsh
  • Never heard of him. Hope he's decent 
  • Gutted that the Sparrows Lane tea lady and her best mate Ethel didn't get the Skintgaard "Yee Har'.
  • JP gave everything as a player so I am sure he will give everything as a coach, I'll be right behind this dynamic duo 
  • Hope it works obviously, but lack of any first team experience (nearly said top level experience 😂) is a bit worrying based on our position. No absolutely nothing of him so starting from very low expectations. Pearce was always a 100% effort player so some of that would be good right now.

Getting a bit sick of the Charlton circus and had high hopes at the start of the season and got a couple of season tickets for the first time in a few years, can’t see me getting them  again if TS is still here next season.
  • All the time we have coco the clown in charge it doesn’t matter who the manager is.

Just F off back to yank land where bully boy tactics are admired, never know you could have a run at the presidency (if they change the constitution) and even play the star spangled banner on your guitar or better still make up a new national anthem.