Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Hayes appointed caretaker manager. Jason Pearce his assistant......

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Sorry. Who is Anthony Hayes?
    Glad this got more likes than Lol's as I didn't have a clue who this was

I dont follow the academy/youth/women's teams
    Been in the first team set-up for a while tbf
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Sorry. Who is Anthony Hayes?
    Glad this got more likes than Lol's as I didn't have a clue who this was

I dont follow the academy/youth/women's teams
    I wasn’t sure what his role was either 
  • Options
    Skintgaard resorted to the obvious and cheapest short term option
    With his track record and lack of funds it ain't just gonna be the short term tho is it?
    Hayes & Pearce will likely still be in post as the January window closes, mustering a matchday squad from a further depleted rabble, after palace and fulham think their young loanees will be better served elsewhere.  The shithouse owner will cash in on any offer received for any player, regardless of the impact on the squad.
    Goes without saying there'll be no January recruitment, even if the cowardly narcissist had 2 cents to his name he ain't blowing it on CAFC is he?  And who in their right mind that could improve the squad is gonna join this shabby gang show?

Let's hope that Hayes & Pearce (sounds like a quality brand don't it?) dispense with lunatic expectations from our donkey defenders and give sensible jobs to the players they have.
    Let's hope that they play as few people out of position as possible, weed out the duffers from the squad and Charlton's descent arrests no lower than 20th by 6 May

Good luck AH and JP FWIW we in the stands are behind you
  • Options
    Hayes is an excellent coach by all accounts, whether that translates into management remains to be seen, but we should give him a chance whilst simultaneously letting TS know what we think of him.
  • Options
    Hayes is an excellent coach by all accounts, whether that translates into management remains to be seen, but we should give him a chance whilst simultaneously letting TS know what we think of him.
    which accounts are they ?
    Any independent non Charlton accounts ?
  • Options
    Solid enough appointments but where's the fun in that? If we sign any players other than a centre forward or 2 in the window i'll be amazed - in fact i'll be amazed if we sign anybody but tahts not the point   
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    AndyG said:
    I obviously hope that the 2 of them will do well. For me it is the timing and the way things are being done at the club. I have no idea what BG's pay off would have been but imo the money would have been better spent towards a strikers wages in January. There is a famous saying "penny wise pound foolish" which sums this shit show up perfectly
    If you add up all the manager payments then it’s even worse. TS paid Jackson off, paid Swindon compensation for Garner and then paid Garner off. If he’d just used all that money on the team and kept Jackson there’s no way we’d be in a worse position than we are now 
    True BUT we don't know how much money we are really discussing. Wasn't it suggested our wages are on the low side and JJ signed up to a contract heavily weighted in TS favour? BG may have similar limited reward in event of dismissal.

Its feasible this isn't a particularly high cost decision and maybe sums that can be offset against player sales /budget etc. without huge impact.

Depressing thought but the maths may not be a big factor. 

To be 'optimistic' the other view is regardless of everything else BG is not that good and TS saw no option to protect League 1 status. However misguided that is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, I wish them all the luck in the world. Working against the odds, they're going to need it and it's been in short supply for far too long now. 
  • Options
    First thing they need to do is give Dobson the armband...👍
    Was he captain Friday ? 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Skintgaard resorted to the obvious and cheapest short term option
    With his track record and lack of funds it ain't just gonna be the short term tho is it?
    Hayes & Pearce will likely still be in post as the January window closes, mustering a matchday squad from a further depleted rabble, after palace and fulham think their young loanees will be better served elsewhere.  The shithouse owner will cash in on any offer received for any player, regardless of the impact on the squad.
    Goes without saying there'll be no January recruitment, even if the cowardly narcissist had 2 cents to his name he ain't blowing it on CAFC is he?  And who in their right mind that could improve the squad is gonna join this shabby gang show?

Let's hope that Hayes & Pearce (sounds like a quality brand don't it?) dispense with lunatic expectations from our donkey defenders and give sensible jobs to the players they have.
    Let's hope that they play as few people out of position as possible, weed out the duffers from the squad and Charlton's descent arrests no lower than 20th by 6 May

Good luck AH and JP FWIW we in the stands are behind you
    ?? There caretakers so yes they are a short term option 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    It's fine.

Not sure who else everyone expected to be caretaker. If it goes on longer than a couple of weeks then that's another matter!
    Posting without reading more.

Well if Sandgaard is looking for a way out,if we understand Varney correctly, no way is a new management team coming into Charlton.

This is in place until Sandgaard Leaves.
  • Options
    Give it a few weeks and a couple of wins and we will be calling for him to be made permanent.. ;)
    100% this.  It will be the ‘he’s one of our own, knows the club, he’s a leader’

We’re going round in circles as a club now.  Crap and incompetent owner, again, a constant conveyor belt of mediocre players.  As was mentioned by others on the Cheltenham post match views thread, the club needs gutting from the inside out.  
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I think we should give it on a week by week basis to winning Valley Gold members, give the luck winner the choice of the Crossbar Challenge or a bash at managing the team.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    If my memory serves me correct Dobbo's contract is up June '23, if so he can listen to other offer from January and move in the summer in a free, wonder what he will do?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    which accounts are they ?
    Any independent non Charlton accounts ?
    He’s done really well with the youth over the last few years and he deserves support.

He could well be the next Damian Matthew as mentioned above. Or he could be the next Nathan Jones. Let’s see how it goes for a couple of weeks and get behind him in the mean time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jdsd42 said:
    Was he captain Friday ? 
    Yep..
  • Options
    Absolute joke.

TS is a useless scumbag 
  • Options
    All we are saying is give Pearce a chance.
    Brilliant! Now that's a chant for the Covered End!

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Looks good...when it works..🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Totally unproven, even as a caretaker.

What a joke appointment 
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:
    Was he captain Friday ? 
    No, captain Dobson. :wink:

• Options
    Haven't read the entire thread but what exactly are Hayes' credentials? He was only promoted up to first team coach 6 months ago, and now he's the manager?

The only positives about this mess i would say is that these type of appointments have generally served us well over the years, and that he certainly can't do much worse than where we currently are.