Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-Match Thread: Oxford United v Charlton Athletic | Thursday 29 December 2022 7:45pm

Not gonna bother summarising beyond this: We are shite. Pathetic first half. Baffling changes to the starting eleven by the new manager, whatshisname, who praised the depth and quality of his squad in his pre-match interview. Hoof ball is in. Organised defending is not on the menu. Second half was a bit better, after a few changes, including Leaburn replacing Stockley. Wasn’t enough.

Oxford United 3 Charlton 1

Over to you.

Comments

• Weak underbelly. We need signings as soon as the window opens and if we are told knowingly how difficult that is the club can fcuk right off. I have zero respect for the decision making and they are not qualified to say anything knowingly to any of us.
  • Hearing Jason Pearce try talk about the positives is scary, is this the deluded mindset of the modern footballer?
  • Nailed on relegation 
  • Charlton Athletic + Sandgaard = Relegation fodder
  • What can you say? Ive got nothing.
  • Got my score prediction correct but at least we avoided a red card.

Three points from eight games from a relatively easy run of fixtures.👍👍
  • Dean who?
  • Sponsored links:

• Utter wank
    across the pitch, no one looked like they wanted to be there let alone roll their sleeves up and dig in! 

Dobson and leaburn the only ones coming out with any praise.

Chin totally out of his depth- send him back to the u18s!
    Henry, just like Morgan, simply not good enough and should be binned off in summer (yet will win a contract somehow) 
    innis a walking liability, payne a league one
    messi wannabe & stockley a statue!

couldn’t care less if it’s Charlie methven or Charlie fucking chaplain as long as they invest money in January- we looked doomed without it…

tactics not suiting the dross having to be used due to illness/injury. Clear out in summer needed regardless of league we’re in

• edited December 2022
    IBaffled by our lack of desire. 

Tommy time is up old son, pick up what is left of your chips and move on 
  • Gonna take a miracle to turn this round I reckon. 
  • New manager bounce gone already. In all honesty we probably should have kept with Hayes and Pearce for a bit longer. Not sure Holden is offering anything different 
  • Wow. Just wow. So,so bad. If there's no new money coming in January then we look odds on for relegation. Sad,sad state of affairs.
  • Whathisname sums up the new manager. Nothing against him.
    As I’ve said before; it’s tyre changing on a car with no engine. 
    We’re in deep deep shite. 
  • seth plum said:
    I predict Holden will stand stock still when listening to questions, and rock from side to side when answering whilst trying to get in 'Obviously' as many times as possible.
    Waiting for the new manager bounce😁😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Going down.
    Nah...there's at least 4 worse teams then us in this league......surely.
  • Got my score prediction correct but at least we avoided a red card.

Three points from eight games from a relatively easy run of fixtures.👍👍
    I think you will see Inniss getting a red for his assault off the ball.
  • Feel for those who went. Fair play to each and everyone of you.

• MK Dons will get out. Accrington will probably get out as they have a shrewd manager. How on earth are we going to find 4 teams worse than us to go down?
  • Amanda would clearly have been the better choice
  • Want to know who at the club determined Lewis Bate wasn't worth picking up on Loan.

Local Lad
    Quality on the ball
    Exceptional Youth team experience 

Highlights how much of a farce this club is.

Just need a fresh start with an owner that's not totally inept.