Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Oxford United v Charlton Athletic | Thursday 29 December 2022 7:45pm

Comments

• Options
    In a spot of bother, this lot.
  • Options
    Going down.
    Nah...there's at least 4 worse teams then us in this league......surely.
    Not at the moment but we have to pray that is the case after the window. We find it too hard to score and too hard to defend and lose 75% of the second ball. That is what Holden has to stick in his pipe and smoke it!
  • Options
    Trying not to be dramatic but this could be the beginning of the end. League two will kill this club. 
    I'm confident we can stay afloat somehow - how low we go is another matter.

• Options
    TS company now ranked 11th top medical companies in the US with average 25 to 30 million profit in the last four quarters and a 400% investment return for its shareholders,I don't want to hear there is no money in the pot when transfer window opens.
  • Options
    I turned it straight off, what did Innes do?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    @Nicholas you can call Albie many things, but a shirker ain't one of them, he busts a gut every game may not be good enough, but he doesn't Shirk.
    Me and you watch different games then fella. 
  • Options
    Worse manager. 

Same players. 

Rest of the season is going to be rough unless we find a billion pound behind the back of the Singapore Sofa. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    We were absolute crap. Nothing else to say.

Except:-

3 days until Leaburn signs for Chelsea.

3 match ban coming up for Inniss for his forearm smash

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I turned it straight off, what did Innes do?
    I did too. I hope he ate someone 
  • Options
    Dreadful Charlton team. Happy New Year 
  • Options
    Who the hell would want to sign for us?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Why can't they at least give 100%. They can be shit but they can at least leave it all out on the pitch and make it hard for the other team. 

Clare was giving it 50% max tonight. Look at his attempt at a 'block' for their second. Brownie called out others jogging back after they'd been beaten. Nobody communicating, nobody battling. 

Who are these bunch of reprobates we've recruited.
    Apart from a lack of quality where it matters, there is a lack of fitness too. 
  • Options
    Going down.
    Not at the moment but we have to pray that is the case after the window. We find it too hard to score and too hard to defend and lose 75% of the second ball. That is what Holden has to stick in his pipe and smoke it!
    We're the worst team in L1 based on recent form. Three points from eight games from what was a relatively easy run of fixtures is pretty dire.

• Options

Appalling in the first half and only marginally better in the second. This group of players is simply nowhere near good enough, whether in terms of skill, nous or character. It says a lot for the teams defensive frailties that Ryan Inniss, for all his obvious weaknesses, is by far our strongest centre back. Sean Clare had a nightmare game on the right and Richard Chin showed once again that he cannot perform to the required standard on the left. Even the normally reliable Dobbo had a poor game as the midfield were overrun for long periods. Miles Leaburn’s goal and general contribution was a rare highlight.

I hope, but have very little confidence, that we can strengthen in the January window. A Centre Back or two is a must, as is a mobile striker. But the sad truth is, there are probably only 4 or 5 players in the current squad that I would say deserve to wear a Charlton first team shirt and there’s no way that we’re going to do anything more than avoiding relegation this season.

Difficult times, and it’s hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.

• Options
    Still cannot believe Innis plays for this team.

The problem with having new managers is none of them realise he’s dreadful until it’s too late.

Sean Clare is shocking too… no one to take his place though so why bother?

Felt for Chin, not his fault he has to play. 
  • Options
    Going down.
    Not right now there isn't.
  • Options
    No new manager bounce here! Terrible first half team selection. Seemed like Holden instructed not to include JFC (unless injury or illness I don't know about). Easy monthly cheque to pick up until we go down. Just can't see where next win is coming from! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    @Nicholas you can call Albie many things, but a shirker ain't one of them, he busts a gut every game may not be good enough, but he doesn't Shirk.
    He’s a pony footballer though.
  • Options
    Just got back to the office from a plant issue, was it really that bad.
  • Options
    Just got back to the office from a plant issue, was it really that bad.
    Yes.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Ummed and ahhed about going but didn’t fancy a solo trip so thought I’d save the money for Mancunia. Looks a wise decision now. 

I don’t think I could’ve ever imagine a time we would go over two months in League One without a win. We’ve not even been unlucky either, it would be even worse without those two late goals v Ipswich.

3 points out of 24. Free falling
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Why can't they at least give 100%. They can be shit but they can at least leave it all out on the pitch and make it hard for the other team. 

Clare was giving it 50% max tonight. Look at his attempt at a 'block' for their second. Brownie called out others jogging back after they'd been beaten. Nobody communicating, nobody battling. 

We've recruited the most spineless Charlton team in memory.
    Payne, Dobson, Inniss, Leaburn and actually I'll say the flashboys JRS and CBT put in a shift (although Dobson's was weirdly ineffective). Rest of em? 
  • Options
    Think Brownie is a big fan of the black box...