Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Oxford United v Charlton Athletic | Thursday 29 December 2022 7:45pm

Comments

• Options
    Won’t win another game this or next season in L2 with that starting 11.
  • Options
    seth plum scoring Inniss less than Ness, Lavelle and Thomas, and the same as Chin and Clare, has officially sent me over the edge. I'm going to go on a rampage armed with a railway timetable and a Thermos 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Won’t win another game this or next season in L2 with that starting 11.
    Unfortunately, we look like an AFC Wimbledon run atm

• Options
    Of we don't turn this around soon we are going to end up on the Shitpile of hasbeens.
    I think we have been for the last 20 odd years. 
  • Options
    Unless TS invests big time in January 
    which we know the wanker will not, we look like a relegation team in free fall.
    our defence is Shit, and we have little confidence up front. 
    We need decent defenders and a consistent good striker.
    we were better in the second half tonight but lacked belief and confidence.
    2022 has been a Shit year in Brexitland and even worse if you love Charlton Athletic 👎👎
  • Options
    Cantona and Giggs are gonna tear us a new one.
  • Options
    Holden ‘ young players are taking us forward’ WTF
  • Options
    Hate Charlton and that fucking hurts after 40 plus years...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    esseffect said:
    Leuth said:
    esseffect said:
    Still cannot believe Innis plays for this team.

The problem with having new managers is none of them realise he’s dreadful until it’s too late.

Sean Clare is shocking too… no one to take his place though so why bother?

Felt for Chin, not his fault he has to play. 
    How the fuck can you watch that game and pick on Inniss? 
     Tough one…

the clothesline on Taylor he got away with

Perhaps him trying to take the man out when he was in possession?

Maybe the lack of any actual ball control under no pressure.

I’m not saying it was his fault today… I’m saying he should never play again.
    Oh, he actually tried to do something to affect Oxford? Oh no! And he did an airshot and immediately made up for it? Heavens! 

There were about 8 out there who shouldn't play for us again ahead of him. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    seth plum scoring Inniss less than Ness, Lavelle and Thomas, and the same as Chin and Clare, has officially sent me over the edge. I'm going to go on a rampage armed with a railway timetable and a Thermos 
    To be honest (and probably wrong) it is because of Innes' post match behaviour as reported.
    If Innes did nothing wrong he can have an extra half point from me.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Leuth said:
    esseffect said:
    Leuth said:
    esseffect said:
    Still cannot believe Innis plays for this team.

The problem with having new managers is none of them realise he’s dreadful until it’s too late.

Sean Clare is shocking too… no one to take his place though so why bother?

Felt for Chin, not his fault he has to play. 
    How the fuck can you watch that game and pick on Inniss? 
     Tough one…

the clothesline on Taylor he got away with

Perhaps him trying to take the man out when he was in possession?

Maybe the lack of any actual ball control under no pressure.

I’m not saying it was his fault today… I’m saying he should never play again.
    Oh, he actually tried to do something to affect Oxford? Oh no! And he did an airshot and immediately made up for it? Heavens! 

There were about 8 out there who shouldn't play for us again ahead of him. 
    So that makes nine total? I think we’re all in agreement… :-)
  • Options
    Holden needs to explain that team selection, set up to fail dropping Sess, not starting Leaburn, no rak sak or CBT, just asking for it. Oxford are a poor side this season, and we are even worse, I don't think there are 4 sides worse than us at the moment. Think if we don't get anything at 3 point fratton, then we Know we are in serious trouble.

Thanks Sandgaards you f***
    The thing is you could see a fragility in Oxford but the mistakes they made were not punished.
    Absolutely, any side with a bit of knowhow and nous would have set about them.

On a side note, is 2022 our worst ever away from home in a calender year. I can only think of 2 wins all year
  • Options
    This team would struggle in the national league let alone league two . 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Holden ‘ young players are taking us forward’ WTF
    They are to division Four.
  • Options
    The manager changed the subject sharpish when the transfer window was mentioned!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Holden doesn’t instill much confidence with that rabbit in the headlights stare the prick, wtf was he doing with that first half selection?
  • Options
    Need to get rid of all the dead wood in January,nobody is immune 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    seth plum said:
    Leuth said:
    To be honest (and probably wrong) it is because of Innes' post match behaviour as reported.
    If Innes did nothing wrong he can have an extra half point from me.
    Inniss.
  • Options
    This team would struggle in the national league let alone league two . 
    We might be able to scrape a point against King's Lynn.
  • Options
    Awful game, too many youngsters nowhere near ready playing alongside shit League 2 players. Unless we bring in at least 5 good quality players we’re in massive trouble in the short term but sadly and more worryingly long term.
  • Options
    Well that was shite 

George Dobson, Miles Leaburn and Sean Clare have footballing brains the rest, Jesus. 

I have no idea what the intention was tonight, Oxford dont bring any surprises they have played the same way for 4 seasons and yet a supposed guy with his finger on the pulse, definitely not the cheapest patsy available, decided to tell his starting eleven to play right into their hands 

We are fucked, I've lost count of the amount of times I've said it we have a weird potion at this club, not an ambitious John Terry deciding he doesn't like a manager anymore-type poison, a worse one. A I want to be a footballer to tell women I'm a footballer, draw the wage, buy a car a third division footballer has no right to mince about in, to post nonsense on social media about going again, but not to do the fundamentals like graft, run yourself into the ground because you are playing in tier 3 and surely want to prove yourself capable of playing at a higher level even if you don't give two shits about the supporters or the club who pay ridiculous money for tier 3 players. 

We have a squad full of them, braindead individuals who are ok technically but no intelligence or guts