Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Oxford United v Charlton Athletic | Thursday 29 December 2022 7:45pm

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    There's an element of bad luck underlining our plight with Egbo and O'Connell both long-term injuries, and often forgotten. Egbo looked very classy the only time I saw him. 

Of the rest, not having seeing more than about 10 games this season,  I rate as first-teamers; Wollacott, Dobson, Clare, Sessignon , Blackett-Taylor, and Leaburn.

For development and gradual entry to a first team, I'd also like to see us hold on to Elewere, Mitchell, Payne and Ness.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    There's an element of bad luck underlining our plight with Egbo and O'Connell both long-term injuries, and often forgotten. Egbo looked very classy the only time I saw him. 

Of the rest, and not from seeing more than about 10 games this season,  I rate as first-teamers; Wollacott, Dobson, Clare, Sessignon , Blackett-Taylor, and Leaburn.

For development and gradual entry to a first team, I'd also like to see us hold on to Elewere, Mitchell, Payne and Ness.
    This cow is small. Those other cows...are young
  • Options
    Don't let the lows get too low and the highs get too high...
  • Options
    I have of late, and wherefore I know exactly, lost all my mirth.

3/24 is relegation form.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Watched the highlights.

What on earth is Clare doing for the first goal? 

Looks like he is trying to track the number nine who is running into an area that’s already being covered by two centre backs? Why is he not busting a gut to get to the back post and cover off the goalscorer?

His attempt at closing down the shot from outside the area for their second goal is also pitiful.

This is the exact problem with our squad. Even the players who are supposedly good (look at the praise the bloke was getting post Peterborough) are capable of throwing in absolute stinkers due to a lack of effort, intelligence or both.

The third goal comes due to a combination of having no proper left back and Campbell is ill-positioned to cut out the pass across the back line, followed up by an unfortunately poor reaction time from AMB who should’ve been able to smother the ball before their poacher got to it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Holden starts with a 3-4-3 at Pompey to fit Leaburn, CBT and Rak-Sakyi into the side as those highlights clearly demonstrate they are this side’s threats.
  • Options
    Just found out we played last night but somehow detached from the result, knowing it was 24 hours ago.

On the subject of transfer dealings, what player who is any good, would want to join a  team in 18th with no wins in 8! Seriously, the only players who will see coming to Charlton as a step up are players in League 2. Clearly the buy-em-cheap from  League 2 plan has not worked out so far so what next?

Where the hell are we going to find 6-7+ quality players that will agree to sign for Charlton next week? 
  • Options
    Perhaps he fancies another couple of weeks off 🤷‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's, uh, he's just taller than other blokes, strong hand-off to the side becomes a forearm to the head of a smaller player, um, easily done, yeah

*goes off to cry somewhere*
  • Options
    One thing those clips do highlight, he has a bit of pace about him when he wants to show it.

Maybe we could play him on the wing?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Didn't see that during the match. That would've been his third red card in nineteen appearances, meaning he's averaging a sending off every six games.

The geezer is a complete liability. I still don't know wtf he was doing in those final two minutes when he decided to try and body check their player instead of simply taking possession of the ball. One of the weirdest moments I've seen on a football pitch.

He can go along with the rest of them.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Still trying to work out what Innis was doing when he gave away that corner 
    I know one of the most bizzare things I have seen.....looked like he was knackered and just tried to take out the Oxford player
  • Options
    Retrospective red card on the way, and well deserved, idiot...
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    The bloke has no brain.  I can’t stand him.  Reminds me of Sloth out the Goonies.  Can’t wait to see the back of him 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Ryan said, "I thought you was mad at me, Leuth."
    "No," said Leuth. "No, Ryan. I ain't mad, I never been mad, an' I ain't now. That's a thing I want ya to know."
    The voices came close now. Leuth placed his hands on Ryan's contract and listened to the voices.
    Ryan begged, "Le's do it now. Le's practise our big headers."
    "Sure, right now. I gotta. We gotta."
    And Leuth drew out the contract and steadied it, and he brought his other hand around to hold the other end. The hand shook violently, but his face set and his hand steadied. He ripped it in half. The sound of the tearing rolled up The Valley and rolled down again. Ryan jarred, and then wandered forlornly back to his car, and drove off without returning. 
    Ryan Inniss fanfic is not something I expected to be reading today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    "No," said Leuth. "No, Ryan. I ain't mad, I never been mad, an' I ain't now. That's a thing I want ya to know."
    The voices came close now. Leuth placed his hands on Ryan's contract and listened to the voices.
    And Leuth drew out the contract and steadied it, and he brought his other hand around to hold the other end. The hand shook violently, but his face set and his hand steadied. He ripped it in half. The sound of the tearing rolled up The Valley and rolled down again. Ryan jarred, and then wandered forlornly back to his car, and drove off without returning. 

• Options
    Not only is my idol falling, but I'm surrounded by philistines! 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Someone mentioned on the match thread about Inniss going all Steven Seagal at the end of the match - can anyone explain what all that was about?
    It wasn't at the end of the game, it was at one of our corners. There was some jostling going on between Inniss and a defender and Inniss just let him have a forearm smash to persuade him to let go.

If the ref had seen it surely the red card would have come out for Inniss. For the third time this season.

Interestingly Charlton TV never played the incident back or mentioned it.

It will be fascinating to see whether Oxford try to cite Inniss post match (like Stockley at Port Vale) If they don't Karl Robinson is doing us a big favour. (That is if you believe playing Inniss is to our favour)
    OK I got the jostling bit wrong but the rest is right.

There's just no excuse for what he has done.

3 match retrospective ban coming up.

• Options
    Quality
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Leuth said:

Never change.
    Never stop posting.

The Charlton Of mice and men.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Someone mentioned on the match thread about Inniss going all Steven Seagal at the end of the match - can anyone explain what all that was about?
    It wasn't at the end of the game, it was at one of our corners. There was some jostling going on between Inniss and a defender and Inniss just let him have a forearm smash to persuade him to let go.

If the ref had seen it surely the red card would have come out for Inniss. For the third time this season.

Interestingly Charlton TV never played the incident back or mentioned it.

It will be fascinating to see whether Oxford try to cite Inniss post match (like Stockley at Port Vale) If they don't Karl Robinson is doing us a big favour. (That is if you believe playing Inniss is to our favour)
    OK I got the jostling bit wrong but the rest is right.

There's just no excuse for what he has done.

3 match retrospective ban coming up.

Could be more than three, if he gets done it’s three reds in about half a season, two for violent conduct. Must admit I missed it last night, it was hardly a sly dig off the ball.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    He's, uh, he's just taller than other blokes, strong hand-off to the side becomes a forearm to the head of a smaller player, um, easily done, yeah

*goes off to cry somewhere*
    Vindication.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Should never play for us again. That's premeditated assault on the streets. Bloke is and always will be a liability. Not sure how he got away with that. 3 game ban if the FA get hold of it. Would not miss him personally.