Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eoghan O’Connell signs for Wrexham

How anyone can see a positive with that I just don’t know 

Comments

• Options
    Meh. But if I'm being honest I'd feel meh about at least 95 percent of our team leaving. 
  • Options
    WTF ?
  • Options
    all I can think is money both ways about this move.
  • Options
    Sustainable FC. 

Less than a month ago we had people trying to calculate top 6 points needed. Now we're selling first-teamers to non-league. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What?

Oh well, we've got the man who hasn't played all season to take his place for the time being.

And the 3 billionaires who are lined up to buy us tomorrow have obviously got their eyes on bigger and better players.

• Options
    edited January 2023
    This has to be up there with the most WTF player sale I can ever think of. I don’t think he is particularly anything special, but he’s probably our best centreback and we have an extremely thin squad. I can only hope that the Methven takeover has gone tits up and Thomas is trying to fund losses until varneys lot, or someone else serious, pick up the tab, as if this has come from the new owners we are royally fucked
  • Options
    Yep, money.
    He’s dead to me.
  • Options
    WTF ?
    This
  • Options
    Shit shambles of a club absolute sick of it now.
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories Eoghan. An unforgettable 6 months. 

If he was our best centre back he'd be straight back in the team post injury but he hasn't been 
  • Options
    Oh fuck off. I wonder if this is Sandgaard trying to get as much money as he can before he disappears... In fact I hope it is.
  • Options
    So let’s see.  Wrexham are on the up, massive feel good factor, a couple of owners who are popular and genuine bazilluonaires (well Reynolds at least). We are a shitshow. The offer is almost certainly for substantially more money. What the f… would you do if you were O’Connell?
  • Options
    I don’t actually think he was much good a bit too slow and not dominant in the air so I don’t think letting him go is a problem- whether the combination of Lavelle and Hector competing for that position is any better who knows ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The most obvious indication that TS is trying to eke out every few quid he can save now - probably our best centre back out to a conference side for a few quid to be replaced by a short term freebie.

Depressing, again.
  • Options
    Bit of a backwards move, can our youngsters last the pace and demands?
  • Options
    Is this a done deal?
  • Options
    Awful mistake by the club. 
    Lucky to find a good player in among all the dross and then we let him go. 
  • Options
    Just over two hours to go, who's next ? I dread to think.CAFCsayer said:
    This has to be up there with the most WTF player sale I can ever think of. I don’t think he is particularly anything special, but he’s probably our best centreback and we have an extremely thin squad. I can only hope that the Methven takeover has gone tits up and Thomas is trying to fund losses until varneys lot, or someone else serious, pick up the tab, as if this has come from the new owners we are royally fucked
    Yann ? Totally agree with rest of your post especially the last line.
  • Options
    TS needs to fuck off now... let's EO go and keeps Lavelle...fucking idiot!