Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eoghan O’Connell signs for Wrexham

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the memories
  • Options
    Think there'll be any more activity for us tonight ? 

This must be our busiest January window ever ! 
  • Options
    No real loss, we've got Innis

*said as a joke
  • Options
    So let’s see.  Wrexham are on the up, massive feel good factor, a couple of owners who are popular and genuine bazilluonaires (well Reynolds at least). We are a shitshow. The offer is almost certainly for substantially more money. What the f… would you do if you were O’Connell?
    If the club batted away the offer it doesn’t matter what O’Connell would or wouldn’t do. 
  • Options
    This is such a strange one, it needs explaining. Family issues? Just for the money? Doesn't seem to make much sense from the club's pov.
  • Options
    You’d think we’d sold Maldini. 
    It's not that he's incredible or anything, it's more what it represents.

He's actually alright, one of the only.players we've got who wasnt signed just because they were the cheapest option, and yet we're skint and selling him off to a non league side to save a few quid... and signing the cheapest option as a replacement.
  • Options
    Didn't anticipate that!
    Is it for money?
  • Options
    Announce the fee and prove Wrexham have paid over the top for him. O' Connell doing a 'Mullins' dropping two divisions but doubling your money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't wait to give that Andy Scott a piece of my mind at the next supporters meeting!
  • Options
    Is there a fee involved
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Disagree with the best CB at the club comments, would say Ness has established himself as that. There's still Innis, Lavelle, Hector and Thomas along with the youngsters. I'd be worried if Lavelle is allowed to leave as well as O'Connell but would certainly prefer him over Hector.
  • Options
    Is it confirmed? Can't see anything but rumours on Tw@tter.
  • Options
    Weird one this. Not super bothered at EOC going in and of itself. Signing a player for free and then getting a fee for him 6 months later is a good thing, especially as Holden doesn't seem to see him as first choice. Replacing him with an unfit journeyman defender on a deal til the end of the season is worrying though. Inniss has been ok fitness-wise so far but is notoriously injury prone, so unless Hector is up to speed quick we're looking at Thomas or Lavelle alongside Ness, which isn't super inspiring. Also means as it stands it's only Lavelle and Ness in contract come the summer and I imagine teams will be circling for Ness. If we get a takeover then maybe that's a good thing, clearing the decks, but if not it's square one stuff again. I don't think it's an immediate disaster but it doesn't bode well for the future
  • Options
    Disagree with the best CB at the club comments, would say Ness has established himself as that. There's still Innis, Lavelle, Hector and Thomas along with the youngsters. I'd be worried if Lavelle is allowed to leave as well as O'Connell.
    I would happily give them Lavelle as a bogoff offer 
  • Options
    Disagree with the best CB at the club comments, would say Ness has established himself as that. There's still Innis, Lavelle, Hector and Thomas along with the youngsters. I'd be worried if Lavelle is allowed to leave as well as O'Connell.
    I would happily give them Lavelle as a bogoff offer 
    I don't disagree with Lavelle being allowed to leave as well but not without another proper CB replacement which lets face it isn't going to happen so nothing gained letting Lavelle go too especially with Innis a walking red card or one bad injury away from a long lay off.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Is it confirmed? Can't see anything but rumours on Tw@tter.
    The other less known owner has tweeted it.
    Him & the deadpool fella trying to pronounce his name.
    Its hilarious.

🙄
  • Options
    This is such a strange one, it needs explaining. Family issues? Just for the money? Doesn't seem to make much sense from the club's pov.
    It doesn’t make sense for the squad but it makes perfect sense for the club and it’s owner when a (modest) wedge of cash is flashed in front of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would rather have seen Inniss, Lavelle or Thomas go ahead of him. More quality than all of those that's for sure.

I guess any sort of playing out from the back is dead and buried now.

• Options
    I liked O’Connell. Oh well. Can’t understand this one apart from money or his injury record. 
  • Options
    The fact Ryan and Rob have put that video out their before either club have officially announced anything tells you everything you need to know about them.

Its all about their ego
  • Options
    Just fuck off out of our club Sandgaard you utter shit stain of a human being 
    And tell your fucking no brain of a son of yours to stay away also 
  • Options
    Hoping it's Eoghan Stokes then 🤣 😭
  • Options
    Just over two hours to go, who's next ? I dread to think.CAFCsayer said:
    This has to be up there with the most WTF player sale I can ever think of. I don’t think he is particularly anything special, but he’s probably our best centreback and we have an extremely thin squad. I can only hope that the Methven takeover has gone tits up and Thomas is trying to fund losses until varneys lot, or someone else serious, pick up the tab, as if this has come from the new owners we are royally fucked
    Yann ? Totally agree with rest of your post especially the last line.
    Thought of Yann when I was typing this, but at least he was off to a club in a higher league
  • Options
    I liked I Connell but I suspect Wrexham have offered silly money for him.

TS will be delighted to get a fee for a player signed on a free transfer six months later.