Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eoghan O’Connell signs for Wrexham

Comments

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Yes. Inniss.  Hector.  Ness.  Micthell.  Barker. Deji.

We were also told, Kane, Penney and Claire can play CB
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    SDAddick said:
    Chunes said:
    At risk of repeating myself, he is not deadwood. I can't see how getting rid of him makes any sense.
    Correct. Our best CB and the only one confident playing out from the back. This is baffling and infuriating. 
    We need to bear in mind that sometimes players want to leave. Can you really blame them?
    People behaving as if we’ve shoved him out the door. 
  • Options
    Football wise it is totally bizarre.  I don't get it.  I doubt he was on big money, we wouldn't have signed him in the summer if he was.  The fee might be low 6 figures is irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Unless there are "real life" issues we don't know about it I really can't square this circle in anyway.

We have sold our start of season captain and vice captain in two days...
  • Options
    Dissapointed by this, but the fact O'Connell is willing to drop into non league tells you everything you need to know. $$$
    Not for long, they are a club on the up, carry on with sandgaard owning us & they'll overtake us in two seasons.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Everyone slagging him off for moving for the $$$ why do you think he signed for us in the first place? 
    Bigger club than Rochdale in a division above and probably sold a load of bollocks about our aspirations for promotion. Plus a payrise 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Everyone slagging him off for moving for the $$$ why do you think he signed for us in the first place? 
    Bigger club than Swindon in a division above and probably sold a load of bollocks about our aspirations for promotion. Plus a payrise 
    Not sure what Swindon have got to do with it.  The only reason players care about promotion from League 1 is the championship pay day that follows.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bigger club than Swindon in a division above and probably sold a load of bollocks about our aspirations for promotion. Plus a payrise 
    Not sure what Swindon have got to do with it.  The only reason players care about promotion from League 1 is the championship pay day that follows.
    My bad. Assumed we signed Everyone from Swindon in the summer
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bigger club than Rochdale in a division above and probably sold a load of bollocks about our aspirations for promotion. Plus a payrise 
    So for $$$ then  ;)
  • Options
    Has this officially been announced by either side yet? Maybe Hollywood may have jumped the gun for the deal was signed sealed and delivered?
  • Options
    Has this officially been announced by either side yet? Maybe Hollywood may have jumped the gun for the deal was signed sealed and delivered?
    As I say this, Wrexham have just announced it!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So for $$$ then  ;)
    TBF the other two reasons were $$$ as well.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Sorry Dean but that is a crock of crap. 

Absolute madness (even for us) this one. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    Sorry Dean but that is a crock of crap. 

Absolute madness (even for us) this one. 
    Obviously Holden has to spin it, but hasn’t Hector been sat on the sofa for six months? 

Interested in what fee was agreed for O’Connell.
  • Options
    Fuming 
  • Options
    Holden mentioning the young players too makes me think Lavelle will leave.
  • Options

Charlton Manager Dean Holden said: “When I walked into the club centre-half was an area I wanted to look at. We’ve been able to bring in some real quality and experience in the form of Michael Hector and I have also been really pleased at the emergence of Lucas Ness, as well as what I have seen from the other young defenders. 

“Eoghan wants to be playing every week and the move provides him with a longer-term deal with great financial reward, as well as the regular football he craves. Given the lack of first team opportunities he was likely to get here, and the fee involved, it makes sense for us as a football club. He’s a really good character and a top professional and we wish him the best for the future.”

Clown GIFs  Tenor
  • Options
    Good luck to him,joining a club with ambition and an owner who walks the walk and not talk the talk…how can we be envious of a non league team….rock bottom 
  • Options

Charlton Manager Dean Holden said: “When I walked into the club centre-half was an area I wanted to look at. We’ve been able to bring in some real quality and experience in the form of Michael Hector and I have also been really pleased at the emergence of Lucas Ness, as well as what I have seen from the other young defenders. 

“Eoghan wants to be playing every week and the move provides him with a longer-term deal with great financial reward, as well as the regular football he craves. Given the lack of first team opportunities he was likely to get here, and the fee involved, it makes sense for us as a football club. He’s a really good character and a top professional and we wish him the best for the future.”

First time I’ve winced at his comments.
    Ah well, it was nice while it lasted 😫