Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eoghan O’Connell signs for Wrexham

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:
    I liked I Connell but I suspect Wrexham have offered silly money for him.

TS will be delighted to get a fee for a player signed on a free transfer six months later.
    So two guys who collectively are probably only worth double Sandgaard are able to attract players from a higher league and pay them well enough but we can't in that league above 
  • Options
    Dissapointed by this, but the fact O'Connell is willing to drop into non league tells you everything you need to know. $$$
  • Options
    Richard J said:

TS will be delighted to get a fee for a player signed on a free transfer six months later.
    I'd bet its not silly money.  It's just some money.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:

So two guys who collectively are probably only worth double Sandgaard are able to attract players from a higher league and pay them well enough but we can't in that league above 
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:

To be fair the other difference is that their profile means they are bringing a load of sponsorship etc money into Wrexham.  
  • Options
    Nug said:
    The fact Ryan and Rob have put that video out their before either club have officially announced anything tells you everything you need to know about them.

Its all about their ego
    Really? I think they come across well. They have egos as Hollywood stars but they don’t try and run every aspect of the club and have put in place good people to do that unlike our Danish/American egomaniac.

EOC going feels like clearing the decks for the summer if you ask me.
    You think they come across well.

Shock horror actors know how to look good in front of cameras and make themselves look good in the public

Buying the national league is one thing

But wait till the get to league 1 and have to compete with clubs coming down from championship lets see how invested in the club their are then

Honestly reckon give it 6/7 years time and wrexham will have new owners a few years in league 1 trying to get out and these hollywood boys will give up and sell up
    Or Paulie because they didn't buy us, they'll be able to get further investment and will act primarily as front men for the publicity and financial backers secondary.
  • Options
    Wish him well. He has left an owner circus to join an owner comedy store. I know where I would rather be. 
  • Options
    Strange one, started out average but improved as the season went on..... Should have kept him

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty decent comedy store. Decent salaries, well run. 2nd in their league with 2 games in hand, just one point behind top spot.

• Options
    Fucking hell
  • Options
    Dissapointed by this, but the fact O'Connell is willing to drop into non league tells you everything you need to know. $$$
    Or just happy to be away from our circus of a club run by basket cases.
  • Options
    So so gutted. Had a shaky start but really grew into it before his injury. Bags of effort. Thought he'd be a fan favourite further down the line.
  • Options
    the best of a bad bunch defensively , so not a great move for us but not the end of the world , was he ever fully fit under Holden?

still we could sell leaburn and some of our fans would put a positive spin on it , desperate to pretend we're not a fucking pathetic excuse of a club 

as we continue going nowhere in league one , wank
  • Options
    The fact Ryan and Rob have put that video out their before either club have officially announced anything tells you everything you need to know about them.

Its all about their ego
    A lot of the business plan is about raising the profile, views, mentions etc on social media etc too, and them doing Wrexham related videos on their own profiles does that a lot more than simply a 'normal' player announcement on Wrexham's page.

I get that.

But do that after the clubs announce it.

Why do a video on twitter and over an hour later still no announcements from clubs.

Its not how football works, club officials announce the transfer when its completed then players/owners whoever else put what they want on their own socials.

But it should always be the clubs official announcement first, couple of Hollywood stars think they can come into football and change that to get a few likes on their own personal twitter pages, because again that's what its about to them their own egos getting likes
  • Options
    Disagree with the best CB at the club comments, would say Ness has established himself as that. There's still Innis, Lavelle, Hector and Thomas along with the youngsters. I'd be worried if Lavelle is allowed to leave as well as O'Connell.
    I would happily give them Lavelle as a bogoff offer 
    Might happen sooner than you think!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You’d think we’d sold Maldini. 

• Options

Its all about their ego
    A lot of the business plan is about raising the profile, views, mentions etc on social media etc too, and them doing Wrexham related videos on their own profiles does that a lot more than simply a 'normal' player announcement on Wrexham's page.

I get that.

But do that after the clubs announce it.

Why do a video on twitter and over an hour later still no announcements from clubs.

Its not how football works, club officials announce the transfer when its completed then players/owners whoever else put what they want on their own socials.

But it should always be the clubs official announcement first, couple of Hollywood stars think they can come into football and change that to get a few likes on their own personal twitter pages, because again that's what its about to them their own egos getting likes
    Because they will also get this kind of response and drive even more engagement, they’re not stupid 
  • Options
    Best cb out of a mediocre bunch barring Ness who is still cutting his teeth. Can only think that it was money and a desire to return up north for family reasons. Wish him well. Hopefully we got a fee too. 
  • Options
    Inniss, Lavelle, Thomas, Hector. Seriously?

Hope Ness stays fit.
    Lavelle and Thomas going
  • Options
    Yes. Inniss.  Hector.  Ness.  Micthell.  Barker. Deji.

• Options
    Chunes said:
    At risk of repeating myself, he is not deadwood. I can't see how getting rid of him makes any sense.
    Correct. Our best CB and the only one confident playing out from the back. This is baffling and infuriating. 
  • Options
    He’s not that great and can’t get in the team at the moment but it’s a bizarre one. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Inniss, Lavelle, Thomas, Hector. Seriously?

Hope Ness stays fit.
    Lavelle and Thomas going
    And Hector not match fit