Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just Stop Oil protestors.....

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    I wouldn't have been able to resist if I was a tennis player at Wimbledon, a few 100 mile an hour serves in their general direction, would have got them off the court pretty sharpish.

So what’s the plan if they rock up at the valley next season?
  • Options
    We now have a thread discussing this. Replicate that across forums across the country. Objective achieved.
  • Options
    Sorry, @golfaddick but the reason you don't like it, is because you're just a grumpy bugger and it inconveniences you and others.

It's a very important issue and fair play to them for bringing to everyone's attention, otherwise most of us would die, not necessarily from global warming but apathy and sheer laziness to do anything about the problems of our world today!
    I was saying to my kids yesterday that the the BBC have been showing a lot of stuff on the dinosaurs recently. 

They were on this planet millions of years ago. Millions. And they are all now extinct. Yet life goes on. If we all die out the planet will regenerate after a number of years & start all over again. But we wont all die out. And the planet will carry on as before. Maybe a bit more water & a bit less land. But then millions of years ago that was also the case & over time the seas retreated a bit & land was reclaimed.

It's the circle of life. I'll be dead in 30 years....40 at the most. My timespan on this planet is just a grain of sand......or, keeping to the point, a drop in the ocean. 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    We now have a thread discussing this. Replicate that across forums across the country. Objective achieved.
    Yeah but most people aren't supportive of the way they protest. The majority seem to be against them. Them throwing orange powder at Lords won't stop me putting petrol in my car the next time I have to.
  • Options
    I wouldn't have been able to resist if I was a tennis player at Wimbledon, a few 100 mile an hour serves in their general direction, would have got them off the court pretty sharpish.

So what’s the plan if they rock up at the valley next season?
    If they rock up at the Valley they must have been reading that investment prospectus boasting of our 600k prospective fan base. 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, @golfaddick but the reason you don't like it, is because you're just a grumpy bugger and it inconveniences you and others.

It's a very important issue and fair play to them for bringing to everyone's attention, otherwise most of us would die, not necessarily from global warming but apathy and sheer laziness to do anything about the problems of our world today!
    I was saying to my kids yesterday that the the BBC have been showing a lot of stuff on the dinosaurs recently. 

They were on this planet millions of years ago. Millions. And they are all now extinct. Yet life goes on. If we all die out the planet will regenerate after a number of years & start all over again. But we wont all die out. And the planet will carry on as before. Maybe a bit more water & a bit less land. But then millions of years ago that was also the case & over time the seas retreated a bit & land was reclaimed.

It's the circle of life. I'll be dead in 30 years....40 at the most. My timespan on this planet is just a grain of sand......or, keeping to the point, a drop in the ocean. 
    Did the dinosaurs kill themselves?
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Yeah but most people aren't supportive of the way they protest. The majority seem to be against them. Them throwing orange powder at Lords won't stop me putting petrol in my car the next time I have to.
    It won't stop them putting petrol in their own cars either but they won't tell you that.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    swordfish said:
    It's about getting publicity to keep it in the  headlines. They couldn't care less about annoying people. How many will change their minds about climate change and deny it because of their actions. None. I don't like their tactics when emergency services are hampered, but I fully get why they're doing it.
  • Options
    Bet your glad you started this thread eh Golfie...🤪
  • Options
    Genuine question. Why was it ok for us to disrupt sporting events at the CARD protests but not for just stop oil at the cricket and Wimbledon? I don’t have an answer. 
    this may be a slight sideways step of that question because I genuinely don't have an answer to that either - but that isn't really the thing I'm mad about - it's the standing in the road bit that I find reprehensible - stopping people going to funerals of loved ones, getting hospital treatment etc. if they have decided to pivot away from that to just sporting events or concerts then that is different for me - a 15 minute delay or whatever to a sporting event ain't going to kill anyone even if it is a bit annoying.

Trouble is we all know they will be back out on the roads messing with peoples ACTUAL lives as soon as there's a lull in sporting events to disrupt.
  • Options
    Whatever people think of them, they won't stop and climate protests are here for good. Prepare for the level of disruption to increase. The British Open Golf's up next.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    They are scum in my opinion.

Aggressively inconveniencing decent ordinary people. There is a lot of chatter about Just Stop Oil's right of protest but what about the right of ordinary people to go about their business?
    Have a protest about their protest then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    swordfish said:
    Whatever people think of them, they won't stop and climate protests are here for good. Prepare for the level of disruption to increase. The British Open Golf's up next.
    That wasn't you being dragged off court 16 today was it...🤔
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    They are scum in my opinion.

Aggressively inconveniencing decent ordinary people. There is a lot of chatter about Just Stop Oil's right of protest but what about the right of ordinary people to go about their business?
    Aggressive?
  • Options
    Genuine question. Why was it ok for us to disrupt sporting events at the CARD protests but not for just stop oil at the cricket and Wimbledon? I don’t have an answer. 
    this may be a slight sideways step of that question because I genuinely don't have an answer to that either - but that isn't really the thing I'm mad about - it's the standing in the road bit that I find reprehensible - stopping people going to funerals of loved ones, getting hospital treatment etc. if they have decided to pivot away from that to just sporting events or concerts then that is different for me - a 15 minute delay or whatever to a sporting event ain't going to kill anyone even if it is a bit annoying.

Trouble is we all know they will be back out on the roads messing with peoples ACTUAL lives as soon as there's a lull in sporting events to disrupt.
    FYI they are still out on the roads every day. Today they were in knightsbridge blocking the road and I think outside the shell building on southbank.

Im sure they will be back out there tomorrow too.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    That wasn't you being dragged off court 16 today was it...🤔
    No. Court 18 😉
  • Options
    I'd love to see them do this in front of a pissed up darts crowd.
  • Options
    they could at least make it a bit fun and streak or something
    Would be good if they had a good wash first though 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!