Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Residents Parking Expansion for SE7 - UPDATE PAGE 3

Comments

• Options
    There comes a time when the arse-ache involved in getting to the ground far outweighs any possible pleasure/duty of actually being there.
    Granted, we all have our levels of comfort, but if you're coming in on the M11, is, say, coming off at Redbridge, taking two quick Tube journeys and 15 minutes on the bus any less than a pain in the arse than the Blackwall Tunnel, Greenwich traffic and trying to find a parking spot?
    There is no way i'm getting in my car then find a parking space just inside London. Then get on two tubes and on top of that ,  get on a bloody bus. Of course it's more of a pain in that arse than driving straight there . Or were you being sarcastic ?
    That wasn't a question aimed at you, though.
  • Options
    Close examination reveals the railway line is not in the parking zone, nor are the platforms.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    There comes a time when the arse-ache involved in getting to the ground far outweighs any possible pleasure/duty of actually being there.
    Granted, we all have our levels of comfort, but if you're coming in on the M11, is, say, coming off at Redbridge, taking two quick Tube journeys and 15 minutes on the bus any less than a pain in the arse than the Blackwall Tunnel, Greenwich traffic and trying to find a parking spot?
    There is no way i'm getting in my car then find a parking space just inside London. Then get on two tubes and on top of that ,  get on a bloody bus. Of course it's more of a pain in that arse than driving straight there . Or were you being sarcastic ?
    Maybe it wasn't aimed at Beds specifically but in principle it applies to all of us "outsiders" who don't have easy access to London's transport links (or almost any transport links in my case).
  • Options
    `Doesn't it all hinge on whether they can afford to enforce these restrictions? If they think its worthwhile either  to reduce  the  hassle for local residents , or to boost income for the council.
  • Options
    Close examination reveals the railway line is not in the parking zone, nor are the platforms.
    And with the number of train strikes on matchdays now they'll be safe to park on.
  • Options
    In the good old Prem days I used to park on the industrial estate, you had to pay the security guard £5
  • Options
    Maybe it wasn't aimed at Beds specifically but in principle it applies to all of us "outsiders" who don't have easy access to London's transport links (or almost any transport links in my case).
    Exactly 
  • Options
    Park up somewere else in Greater London and clog up their roads instead.
    You know it makes sense. 
    I wonder where @swords_alive lives ?  If its inside GL I might just park outside their house and take the bus from there.

That ok with you @swords_alive ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah people could drive to edge of London get two tubes and then a bus but that significantly adds to the cost of attending if there are two adults and two children as opposed to driving there. 
  • Options
    And while you're LOL'ing my comments, what exactly is wrong with getting a "bloody bus"? 

After driving into London and taking two tubes ( as you suggested to @Briston_Addick  ) , the last thing I want to do is get on a bus and neither will the vast majority of people living in the home counties north of London but by all means knock yourself out if it's your idea of fun. I'm not doing it and neither will many others. 
  • Options
    If only there was a level crossing nearby.
  • Options
    I’m even more inclined not to go. Add into the mix South Eastern scrapping the Sidcup loop! How are the club responding to this? Bring back the loop and make it easier for those of us in Bexley Borough to get there. 
  • Options
    of course if it were coupled with a park and ride and a promise of more / dedicated buses and trains then it might have merit. 

But no. It doesn’t. 

• Options
    Greenwich Council is currently doing exactly what it wants with regards to private cars..it's following an idealogy no matter how negatively that impacts the experience of the people it's meant to serve. Case in point: it's just finished a 'consultation' on whether to introduce LTNs around Westcombe Park. All the evidence it presented was wrong and - having gone through the responses that were open to bloody anyone - the idea has been overwhelmingly rejected by the residents that it affects, yet we're all bracing ourselves for it to be announced shortly. During this process, they didn't speak to any businesses that will be affected (despite claiming that they did...ask Trevor what he thinks next time you're in the Ale House) and designed the 'consultation' in such a way that it was almost impossible to give a negative opinion. It's almost enough to make me want to vote Tory...
  • Options
    Have raised this with CAST colleagues and we’ll be in touch @InspectorSands
    Ta - I'll be in touch again with a work hat on about this well. 
  • Options
    And while you're LOL'ing my comments, what exactly is wrong with getting a "bloody bus"? 

After driving into London and taking two tubes ( as you suggested to @Briston_Addick  ) , the last thing I want to do is get on a bus and neither will the vast majority of people living in the home counties north of London but by all means knock yourself out if it's your idea of fun. I'm not doing it and neither will many others. 
    Fine, if you're going to resort to insults then I'll leave you to it. Enjoy your life in the home counties north of London.
  • Options
    I’ll just buy my mum the vouchers and park where I usually do 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So I can drive to Primark and park in their car park for free as I am a paying customer.
    But I'm not allowed to drive to the football club, which is a business, and park at all, even though I am a paying customer. 
    Please will someone explain the logic for introducing a CPZ which only affects the football club?
  • Options
    This, plus charges on Blackwall tunnel should push my increasingly infrequent journeys to the Valley onto the train, which I quite like... I just wish I could get a railcard to make the price a bit more reasonable 

Network railcard gets you 33% off all journeys made any time on weekends and bank holidays and from 10am Monday to Friday... https://www.network-railcard.co.uk/
    Doesn't go up as far as Norwich. Thanks, though 
  • Options
    This is good if only because it challenges the few remaining dinosaurs, those who take for granted their car and think they have some god given right to use it, to consider other, better options. Once the issues are addressed and representations made, we should have less congested and polluting streets in this part of Greenwich at least.
    I'm all for ditching cars, but public transport needs to be made cheaper 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I can almost hear The Valley Party being reformed & a demonstration at Woolwich Town Hall.

• Options
    This is good if only because it challenges the few remaining dinosaurs, those who take for granted their car and think they have some god given right to use it, to consider other, better options. Once the issues are addressed and representations made, we should have less congested and polluting streets in this part of Greenwich at least.
    I'm all for ditching cars, but public transport needs to be made cheaper 
    The proposal is not about ditching cars. It's about freeing up parking spaces "for local residents, businesses and their visitors".