Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++Lewis Fiorini signs on loan from Man City++

Comments

• I missed yesterday, but the two matches i've seen him come on he looks very unfit. Don't want to make a snap judgement but so far i don't like what i've seen, hopefully if he can get up to speed
  • Was very poor again and contributed nothing. I would rather have had Anderson come on. Far better attitude. He might be skilful but but not effective at this level. I wonder if we had to sign him to be able to send Tedic back? 
  • Forgot to bring my glasses last night and for a moment thought I spotted Ben Watson warming up on the touchline. Harrowing.
  • Next time Pep phones us about a player he's got, just block the number.
    Got a documentary about pep on the BBC later. Apparently he's chasing perfection. Would he be there if he couldn't buy any player going? Over a hundred charges of financial irregularities, plus that cunt has sent us two absolute jokers of players just this season. Peps so overrated. Barcelona, Bayern Munich both massive and successful teams in their leagues anyway with huge spending power. Since then Saudi Arabian FC's Manchester branch. Chasing perfection my arse, chasing easy jobs and money. Lucky bastard. 
  • edited January 24
    I understand he’s been out injured for some time but I’ve not seen anything to get the pulses racing in his three cameos so far. I mean you would hope to see some signs of decent ability. He needs more game time and hopefully shows us there is a player in there otherwise he’ll be categorised with the Matt Smiths (ex Man City) and Gavin Kilkennys of this world, if he hasn’t been already.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm wondering if we took Fiorini in some sort of deal to premit us getting out of the Tedic loan and Tedic's alleged £15K pw, which it is alleged we were paying £11K pw.

Why does Scott often do the complete opposite of what he say the plan is?

We won't be recruiting small light weight players and we won't be recruiting players that are not match fit!

Hello Andy Scott wibble wibble.
    I thought the same
  • With 18 games left this season, and the fact he can still barely manage 15 minutes, how many fully fit games are we going to get out of this bloke?
  • Seem to remember two members of the SMT
    talking about , only getting players in that are fit and up to speed. Plus loan’s don’t help us.

• Fiorini is a player he’s one that needed no Wikipedia look up for me.  I’m speaking of the guy pre charlton of course.  

Do not give up on this one, once he’s fit he starts for us there’s no two ways about it.  How can you really judge anyone at this time? 
  • Amazing how Charlton fans can tell a player in about 25 mins that he no good yet Man City scouts and coaches don’t seem to know what there doing signing him .. he looks a decent player hopefully he will get a run soon 
    Who has seen him play most recently ?  Charlton fans at the valley last night (including me ) and he was awful. 

You can only say it as you see it

As he was playing walking football last night it would be useful if he actually started to run , let alone get a run in the team. 
  • edited January 24
    Fiorini is a player he’s one that needed no Wikipedia look up for me.  I’m speaking of the guy pre charlton of course.  

Do not give up on this one, once he’s fit he starts for us there’s no two ways about it.  How can you really judge anyone at this time? 
    Cos he from that twat pep. Na, Overall your right.he could get better. Sure that tedic will score against us eventually.
    I've seen fiorini once properly and he was piss poor but I was more annoyed that we were even playing him at that time who has barely kicked a ball in anger for months. Nice one Appleton, nice one Scott. 
    If however he becomes what he seems and what I believe he will end up being like, just another like his team mate tedic then another Pep piss take. He needs to show something, you know that thing where you know that possibly a ball needs to be touched by your own foot. Ladepo is still struggling with that in front of goal but at least he does it in other areas of the pitch. 
  • Havent seen enough outside of a vanilla showing last night to make a judgement.

But he does sound like the sort of player I used to buy on Champ Manager back in my uni days cos he had a cool sounding name. But turned out to be shit.
  • Amazing how Charlton fans can tell a player in about 25 mins that he no good yet Man City scouts and coaches don’t seem to know what there doing signing him .. he looks a decent player hopefully he will get a run soon 
    But you can tell he looks a decent player in about 25 mins can you? Obviously you are right and everybody else is wrong….again.
  • Fiorini is shit
  • Chunes said:
    With 18 games left this season, and the fact he can still barely manage 15 minutes, how many fully fit games are we going to get out of this bloke?
    Send him back 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    With 18 games left this season, and the fact he can still barely manage 15 minutes, how many fully fit games are we going to get out of this bloke?
    I'm not expecting any.
  • edited January 24
    Seem to remember two members of the SMT
    talking about , only getting players in that are fit and up to speed. Plus loan’s don’t help us.

Exactly, the plan was to get in our own players, not loans.
    Get in players that are fully fit.
    No more lightweights/small players.

So we get in Fiorini on loan, an unfit small player.

NB He may be a good player when fully fit, but the season will be over before then.
  • I'm sure Fiorini is a decent player. But is he match fit and an asset to the team NOW, or indeed in the next few weeks, that's the issue.

Especially when he was brought on instead of L Watson, who is match fit. And we sent back Chem Campbell, who at least was match fit, to make space for him in the squad.
  • Fiorini is a player he’s one that needed no Wikipedia look up for me.  I’m speaking of the guy pre charlton of course.  

Because in each of his appearances so far he's looked like he's won a competition to be on the pitch?

• Looks to be one of the loan signings (like Bakinson and Ladapo) that are essentially on an extended trial and so far he looks shite.
  • But shouldn't Scott find out whether a player is fit enough to run before he signs him?
    Obviously he should. Sheer bloody incompetence.
  • I imagine he was an Appleton recommendation. Didn't he have him at Lincoln and Blackpool?
  • It looked like his teammates were reluctant to give him the ball
  • edited January 25
    Let’s not be so keen to throw everything in the bin, especially players that have yet to get a chance to prove their quality like Fiorini.

I’m sure most on here would say our fanbase agrees with Blackpool’s on the assessment of Appleton. It’s worth trusting them on their assessments of Fiorini, baring in mind he played for them in the Championship too.

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/lewis-fiorini.45367/
  • Let’s not be so keen to throw everything in the bin, especially players that have yet to get a chance to prove their quality like Fiorini.

I’m sure most on here would say our fanbase agrees with Blackpool’s on the assessment of Appleton. It’s worth trusting them on their assessments of Fiorini, baring in mind he played for them in the Championship too.

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/lewis-fiorini.45367/
    Remind me of the last tlme you actually said something negative about the club @Callumcafc

I do admire your unblinkered love for CAFC

But we're 

A) shit
    B) in danger of relegation 
    C) have a terrible SMT
    D) have arguably the worst transfer record in our history

So.  I'd love to give Fiorioni time but I reckon he'll not be fit until April, which is no bloody use for us and also Louis Watson is better than him!