Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++Lewis Fiorini signs on loan from Man City++

Comments

• Signing for Stockport on a permanent deal.

Thanks for the memories 🙄

Thanks for the memories 🙄
    surely that should be memory!
  • That shows his true level at this stage of his career.

With younger loan players from PL clubs, you want them them to be much better than your existing players, to make up for their lack of experience. Cullen, Maatsen, Rak-Sakyi all stood out in L1, but also the likes of Dasilva and Millar.
  • Another one for The Valley Wall of Legends...
  • Guaranteed to score against us next season then :)
  • This and that tedic deal is another reason (among many) why I cannot stand man city. Piss takers. 
  • This and that tedic deal is another reason (among many) why I cannot stand man city. Piss takers. 
    Apart from Neil Heaney. 
  • If ever a signing summed up what an appalling manager Michael Appleton was, this is it. Can remember him bigging Fiorini up when he signed.
  • Sponsored links:

Apart from Neil Heaney. 
    And Jim Melrose mate.
  • and Nicky Weaver
  • edited June 11
    This and that tedic deal is another reason (among many) why I cannot stand man city. Piss takers. 
    ?
    Ridiculous…..it was us who chose to sign them.
    Man City didn’t hold a gun to our head. 🤨

• And Tommy Caton (RIP)
  • Let's see how he does at Stockport - hopefully no better than at Charlton.
  • edited June 11
    Did he really get a chance ? wasn't fit when came in......shut out by Jones until last game where he hit the cross bar 
  • edited June 11
    ct_addick said:
    Did he really get a chnace ? wasn't fit when came in......shut out by Jones until last game where he hit the cross bar 
    Maybe he didn't earn a chance.

Out injured for 18 months before we signed him. Stupid loan. 
  • If ever a signing summed up what an appalling manager Michael Appleton was, this is it. Can remember him bigging Fiorini up when he signed.
    He must have known he was well away from match fitness when he signed him, yet stuck him straight in the squad.
    ?
    Ridiculous…..it was us who chose to sign them.
    Man City didn’t hold a gun to our head. 🤨
    we don't actually know that  :D  :D
  • Blackpool fans rated him and thought he was Championship quality.  I can't help thinking this one may come back and bite us.
  • Sponsored links:

In fairness he could actually be a decent player, we just never got much of a chance to find out. He did well at Lincoln at this level.
  • Blackpool fans rated him and thought he was Championship quality.  I can't help thinking this one may come back and bite us.
    It won't, he was awful. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    and Nicky Weaver
    Nicky Weaver can fcuk right off!

He did ok for us, but not well enough to expunge the c*ntishness displayed against us before then.
    I thought he showed some flashes in that Wycombe game and wouldn’t be surprised to see him have a decent season.

A stupid waste of a loan though and totally expected given he hadn’t played all season before he joined…
  • Bloody hell! , when this popped up I thought we'd bought him, and relax.
  • I think he’s going to be very good for Stockport. I’d have liked us to have given him a contract.
  • I think he’s going to be very good for Stockport. I’d have liked us to have given him a contract.
    'The undersigned agrees to never step within 100ft of Charlton Athletic Football Club'
  • Very poor for us, I don't see how anyone can say otherwise. One kick that hit the cross bar was his total contribution. However he was young, physically weak but had skill potential. Whether a year a season makes a difference only time will tell. However I would have been dismayed if we'd re-signed him. 
  • I watched him play in all his 1st team games & about 3 under 21 games including an under 21 game at QPR, where he failed to make any impression, his best performance was possibly in the last game at Wycombe where he hit the crossbar.