Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++Lewis Fiorini signs on loan from Man City++

Comments

• Options
    Abdul Razak
  • Options
    In answer to your questions, I can't remember and none.
  • Options
    Razak, the first Matt Smith (when we were in the championship) and Tedic I think? 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    How many loan signings have we had from Man City over the past few years?

And how many of them have been any good?
    From memory 4 

Abdul Razak
    The Welsh Matt Smith
    Tedic and now Fiorini.

I guess the last decent one was Neil Heaney in 1998.

He started the first Sunderland playoff final.
  • Options
    Wonder if we will see him again after tonight. After that showing I hope we don’t. Mcgrandles and Taylor played for 21s today. Camera back next week. He made so many mistakes in such a short period is very impressive tbh.
  • Options
    I've got a pretty good radar for dog rough players and my heckles were up 5 minutes after his first appearance. He's toilet. But nothing less than you would expect from an Appleton pick
  • Options
    Midfield Tedic. Waste of space 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He looks like he's won a prize of being allowed to play on The Valley turf. 
  • Options
    Just doesn’t look fit.. but you can see the spaces he gets in to, and some of the things he is trying to do that he has a good footballing brain. But looks slow and heavy 
  • Options
    Still think we’re yet to see the best of him - good player at the level above last season.
    Should have played for the 21s yesterday really. Once he’s fit and match sharp I think he will be good, but we can’t use league games for that in our position 
  • Options
    Like a lot of the recent signings he lacks match sharpness so maybe he will improve but on the two showings I've seen live there is a lot of room for that improvement.
  • Options
    I thought he did okay last night - no worse than most players... 
  • Options
    He just looks very off the pace to me, and I don’t feel like it’s necessarily doing much to improve his match sharpness by throwing him in for 15 - 20 minutes when we are desperately chasing a game.

To be fair though at least this transfer window the other players who have come in and have all been able to do 90 minutes straight away. Which is an improvement on before.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not impressed so far, but not quite as bad as some are making out. Ladapo was awful yesterday, ball bounces off him a like trampoline 
  • Options
    I hope he & Tedic might finally put an end to the argument that "they must have something about them if Man City/Chelsea/Arsenal etc. have signed them"
  • Options
    He clearly isn't fit which is no surprise, needed to go to a club where he could be eased in but joined us desperately short of players who therefore needed to love him in the squad immediately.  The fact that by the time he gets fit, Taylor, McG and Camara should be back shows what a bad fit we were.
    From what I have read about him he seems decent and I have high hopes if he stayed next season but that seems remarkably unlikely and will make this another pointless Scott signing.  
  • Options
    I thought he did okay last night - no worse than most players... 
    Walking football is at Goals on a Tuesday - Not at the valley in a L1 game. 
  • Options

He just looks very off the pace to me, and I don’t feel like it’s necessarily doing much to improve his match sharpness by throwing him in for 15 - 20 minutes when we are desperately chasing a game.

To be fair though at least this transfer window the other players who have come in and have all been able to do 90 minutes straight away. Which is an improvement on before.

I dunno about that. Charlton TV thought Ladapo was flagging in last 20 and not able to contribute to the effort needed. Why the **** he wasnt replaced by Kanu, only Appleton knows. Fiorini if fit and motvated should have been able to track and catch the N’ton 3rd goalscorer. I was seething about those subs. Arrogant and pig-headed. Good riddance.
    100% this - Kanu would have run his socks off in the last 20 mins. I dont think Fiorini is fit enough to play 10 mins at the moment. 
  • Options
    Surprised he wasn't in the U21s yesterday just to go and get 60 mins into him. Just looks so short of match fitness 
  • Options
    From what I've seen so far  he's filed away in the Matt Smith x 2, Kilkenny and John folder.

He's clearly not match fit and I struggle to see what he can bring to a team in crisis.

Still Appleton loved him. Bringing him on instead of Watson was bonkers. At least that helped seal his fate.
  • Options
    I can't see how these 15 min cameos are even contributing to his match fitness because it's not like he's running about much in them. 
  • Options
    Next time Pep phones us about a player he's got, just block the number.