Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++Lewis Fiorini signs on loan from Man City++

Comments

• Options
    Has been utterly and totally useless. The fact he's been brought on every game leads to be believe we've agreed to a certain appearance level with City.

God help us if that's what we've got to get us out of the shit this season.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Has been utterly and totally useless. The fact he's been brought on every game leads to be believe we've agreed to a certain appearance level with City.

Agreed. He makes Kirk look half decent. 
  • Options
    We must have really annoyed Man City.

It's the only explanation that makes sense of the standard of loanees...

I would otherwise imagine I'd done something horrible in a previous life, but I'm not interesting enough to have a previous life.
  • Options
    We not seen in yet ….. but if Pep and his coaches and scouting team reckon he ok that’s good enough for me 
    At least he ran today - after he gave the ball away and allowed Derby to break. 

Pep must love walking football 
  • Options
    Another product of the Man City money laundering scandal 
  • Options
    edited February 4
    Serious question.
    Do Charlton actually look at players before they sign them?
    I honestly believe that there is no way anyone could have viewed Fiorini before signing him.
    Why sign him if he is very clearly massively unfit?
  • Options
    Serious question.
    I honestly believe that there is no way anyone could have viewed Fiorini before signing him.
    Got Appleton all over it hasn’t it. 
  • Options
    Think some people forget we’re supposed to be a football club (understandable), not a fucking charity. If City want to get him fit, let them buy him a gym membership. They’ve got enough money.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

So you can judge that on 5 mins ? 

• Options
    Croydon said:

Everyone bar you can see that's he's nowhere near fit and shouldn't be at Charlton.
    WUM off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Serious question.
    MA rates him, doesn’t rate Louie Watson and can’t help think it was also swap for Tedic going back.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Everyone bar you can see that's he's nowhere near fit and shouldn't be at Charlton.
    WUM off.
    Most signings you make in Jan are not fit that’s why teams release them .. Appleton wanted him cause  of what he did at Blackpool … not had a chance so no one can make an opinion on him.. now a change of manager it’s unlucky for the lad but at least he playing under 23 to get fit 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

WUM off.
    Most signings you make in Jan are not fit that’s why teams release them .. Appleton wanted him cause  of what he did at Blackpool … not had a chance so no one can make an opinion on him.. now a change of manager it’s unlucky for the lad but at least he playing under 23 to get fit 
    You don’t sign unfit players, especially in our current situation 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

WUM off.
    He's been here since the 5th Jan and as far as i'm aware this is his first U23 game. Surely it would've been obvious from day one he wasn't match fit as he hadn't played all season.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

WUM off.
    He's been here since the 5th Jan and as far as i'm aware this is his first U23 game. Surely it would've been obvious from day one he wasn't match fit as he hadn't played all season.
    2nd U21s game.  He played 60 mins a weeks or so ago but your point stands that he should have been playing more U21 games earlier. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

WUM off.
    Close, its his second... He faced Swansea U21s in our last game two weeks ago as well
  • Options
    Goal and assist for Fiorini today
  • Options
    edited February 13
    Five weeks and still not fit ... Surely that's already a reasonable timeframe to be making an impact on the first team.  

Camara has just come back from two injuries and had a decent 15 minutes on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Goal and assist for Fiorini today
    Scored on the 68th min so must have played most of the match. Did he play the full 90? 
  • Options
    Scored for Scotland U21 tonight. 
  • Options
    Dear Man City,
    do you have any more shit players we can borrow ?
  • Options
    Fiorini scored for Scotland u21’s tonight!
  • Options
    Then immediately started limping.
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Told you he was our future number 10 in waiting…….
  • Options
    I don't think we'll see him. We don't play with a 10, we just push another battling midfielder further forward. With Fiorini's injury record I don't see him pressing and harrying midfielders and defenders for 90+ minutes for even one game let alone several in a row. Look at Anderson then look at Fiorini and I'm not sure if they have any attributes in common. The only thing I think Fiorini would do well in our team is he's a decent enough goalscorer and he'd be able to pounce effectively on half-cleared balls on the edge of the box like Anderson has, but he doesn't have the fitness or the aggression to help create the situations where those chances appear in the first place. He'll get a L1 contract somewhere else next season and all the best to him, but I don't think it'll be under Jones.