Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++Lewis Fiorini signs on loan from Man City++

Comments

• Options
    Fiorini is a player he’s one that needed no Wikipedia look up for me.  I’m speaking of the guy pre charlton of course.  

Do not give up on this one, once he’s fit he starts for us there’s no two ways about it.  How can you really judge anyone at this time? 
    Cos he from that twat pep. Na, Overall your right.he could get better. Sure that tedic will score against us eventually.
    I've seen fiorini once properly and he was piss poor but I was more annoyed that we were even playing him at that time who has barely kicked a ball in anger for months. Nice one Appleton, nice one Scott. 
    If however he becomes what he seems and what I believe he will end up being like, just another like his team mate tedic then another Pep piss take. He needs to show something, you know that thing where you know that possibly a ball needs to be touched by your own foot. Ladepo is still struggling with that in front of goal but at least he does it in other areas of the pitch. 
    No cos I’ve actually seen him play fully fit several times.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Fiorini is a player he’s one that needed no Wikipedia look up for me.  I’m speaking of the guy pre charlton of course.  

Do not give up on this one, once he’s fit he starts for us there’s no two ways about it.  How can you really judge anyone at this time? 
    Because in each of his appearances so far he's looked like he's won a competition to be on the pitch?

Well you judge him on his couple of cameos in a miserable out of sorts team, I’ll judge him on full appearances before he got injured.  
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Let’s not be so keen to throw everything in the bin, especially players that have yet to get a chance to prove their quality like Fiorini.

I’m sure most on here would say our fanbase agrees with Blackpool’s on the assessment of Appleton. It’s worth trusting them on their assessments of Fiorini, baring in mind he played for them in the Championship too.

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/lewis-fiorini.45367/
    Remind me of the last tlme you actually said something negative about the club @Callumcafc

I do admire your unblinkered love for CAFC

But we're 

A) shit
    B) in danger of relegation 
    C) have a terrible SMT
    D) have arguably the worst transfer record in our history

So.  I'd love to give Fiorioni time but I reckon he'll not be fit until April, which is no bloody use for us and also Louis Watson is better than him!

At least you can do a sunglasses smiley in all of this. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Because in each of his appearances so far he's looked like he's won a competition to be on the pitch?

Well you judge him on his couple of cameos in a miserable out of sorts team, I’ll judge him on full appearances before he got injured.  
    Sadly

He's playing in a miseable out of sorts team and he's been injured

No use to us currently is he !
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Let’s not be so keen to throw everything in the bin, especially players that have yet to get a chance to prove their quality like Fiorini.

I’m sure most on here would say our fanbase agrees with Blackpool’s on the assessment of Appleton. It’s worth trusting them on their assessments of Fiorini, baring in mind he played for them in the Championship too.

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/lewis-fiorini.45367/
    Remind me of the last tlme you actually said something negative about the club @Callumcafc

I do admire your unblinkered love for CAFC

But we're 

A) shit
    B) in danger of relegation 
    C) have a terrible SMT
    D) have arguably the worst transfer record in our history

So.  I'd love to give Fiorioni time but I reckon he'll not be fit until April, which is no bloody use for us and also Louis Watson is better than him!

I'll keep being me and you keep being you. :-)

Just because I don't actively post negative sentiments doesn't mean I don't realize the dire situation the club is in.
    But if you do realise, it's perfectly fine to constructively criticise

I'll put it right here.... if Nathan Jones signs as manager I'll applaud the SMT

It's a gutsy move but we need some magic right now!
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 27
    He's contracted to 2026? I think people were saying we have a chance off signing him permanently at the end of the season, but can't see him coming off Man City wages before his contract runs out. 
  • Options
    He looks way off it so far, and whilst I'm usually happy to be more patient, we just don't have time to allow him to get up to speed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Give him a chance. He’s barely played in a bad Appleton team. Modern football fans are the worst sometimes.
    He's not fit, he can't play for 10 mins.
    It's nothing to do with football ability.
  • Options
    Playing for the U21s. Kick off in under 10 mins
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He's contracted to 2026? I think people were saying we have a chance off signing him permanently at the end of the season, but can't see him coming off Man City wages before his contract runs out. 

Appleton basically said Fiorini will never play for Man City and will likely be one we could get in the summer if we were interested.  Whether a new manager will want him and whether he will want to come without Apples who knows.
  • Options
    If he is on similar wages as Tedic apparently was then he is going to have to be incredible player for it to be worth us signing him on a permanent. 
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    If he is on similar wages as Tedic apparently was then he is going to have to be incredible player for it to be worth us signing him on a permanent. 
    After watching the U21’s match he looked ok, but didn’t really stand out over the rest of the midfield. 
    Of course that’s his first match where he got significant minutes. 
  • Options
    edited January 31
    JamesSeed said:
    ValleyBen said:
    After watching the U21’s match he looked ok, but didn’t really stand out over the rest of the midfield. 
    Of course that’s his first match where he got significant minutes. 
    This concerns me a little bit James because fitness is one thing but quality on the ball is another. Still, BR7 posted that he had watched him a few times before the injury and looked very useful 🤷‍♂️.
  • Options
    I was only watching the feed to be fair, and the coverage was pretty basic. Terry Taylor seemed to get himself more involved from what I could see.  He’ll be like a new signing when he returns over the next couple of crucial weeks. 
  • Options
    Hmm.. 

Seems as if Pep has fucked us over again.
  • Options
    edited February 3
    Held his own at Championship level last season. Which is a lot more than can be said for Tedic.

Didn’t turn into a bad player over night. It’s just the usual Charlton curse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Held his own at Championship level last season. Which is a lot more than can be said for Tedic.

Didn’t turn into a bad player over night. It’s just the usual Charlton curse.
    It doesn’t happen overnight but it certainly can and does happen after bad injuries. Let’s hope this isn’t another case of us losing when gambling on a player that has just had an extended spell out injured. 

Like all the new signings he needs to start to show us something soon. 
  • Options
    Harsh to judge him on a few minutes today but really hasn't looked great in the previous games
  • Options
    thought he has been very ineffectual up until now
  • Options
    Oxygen thief can naff off back up north as soon as he likes 
  • Options
    thought he has been very ineffectual up until now
    He has but you can’t judge him on 6 minutes here and 8 minutes there . We’ve hardly seen him play . 
  • Options
    Convinced he's only with us because City insisted we take a player if we send Tedic back and Appleton chose Fiorini because he'd worked with him before.

He might have been rubbish, but I'd rather have kept Tedic.