Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Conor Coventry joins on a 3 1/2 year deal+++

Comments

• Options
    Was thinking he could be subbed early into the second half. Then suddenly he became magnificent.  More of the same please Conor.  
  • Options
    Half time, you’d have expected Dobson to be brought in for Connor- but fair play to NJ he stuck with it! 

Coventry settled down well, and kicked on in the second 45’ , will do him a lot of confidence 
  • Options
    Good second half. Showed what he's about, particularly on the passing side. 
  • Options
    Coventry arrived in the second half. He looked more up to speed, and showed the class on the ball we had been hoping for.
  • Options
    Coventry arrived in the second half. He looked more up to speed, and showed the class on the ball we had been hoping for.
    Just had to stop having to carry Camara
  • Options
    Thought he was immense second half……
  • Options
    Just had to stop having to carry Camara
    The midfield 3 just didn't work in the 1st half, with Camara putting us into trouble on more than one occasion. Just having the 2 after he went off seemed to clarify things.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    superb second half performance, that pass for the penalty was exquisite. 
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Did you want to read that post again @Callumcafc
  • Options
    Got better as the game went on, as did the rest of the team.

Well played tonight Connor

I do believe perm Dobson, Coventry, Camara and Anderson from three and we have a midfield three to take us far next season.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Got better as the game went on, as did the rest of the team.

Well played tonight Connor

I do believe perm Dobson, Coventry, Camara and Anderson from three and we have a midfield three to take us far next season.
    Assuming Dobson is still here. But on last nights basis we can at least be reassured that IF he does still end up leaving it won't be quite as much the disaster as some fear - though still a crying shame.
  • Options
    Thought he showed his range of passing well, I think he and Dobbo get in each others way when he's played defensively.
  • Options
    Coventry and Anderson are a paring that works. I would love to see Alfie in that forward midfield position and Dobson sitting deep, whether that diamond works, I have no idea but the aggression that Anderson and Coventry showed last night is the key to any formation working. 
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Can we put that contract in front of George Dobson again and say we can't guarantee you 1st team football every week as we need everyone at their optimum every game BUT we do recognise how you have given 100% over the last few years, so we have given you an increase on the contract we offered earlier in the season.
    We want you to stay and be part of the rotating 18 players that are good enough for top 6 at least when we let the loan players go at the end of season and other players that are out of contract.

Are you hungry for success with CAFC George, or are ready for Hungary ?
  • Options
    edited February 28
    The 2nd half we saw the quality from Coventry with skill, determination and for the 1st time, Conor doesn't feel he made a big mistake for coming south of the water.
  • Options
    Can we put that contract in front of George Dobson again and say we can't guarantee you 1st team football every week as we need everyone at their optimum every game BUT we do recognise how you have given 100% over the last few years, so we have given you an increase on the contract we offered earlier in the season.
    We want you to stay and be part of the rotating 18 players that are good enough for top 6 at least when we let the loan players go at the end of season and other players that are out of contract.

Are you hungry for success with CAFC George, or are ready for Hungary ?
    From the leaks that are coming out, if correct, isint that kinda what we did offer him. An increase on his current contract, but not as a ‘first team player’. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy Scott right now: Who needs George Dobson?

• Options
    edited February 28
    “not transformational” though… we haven’t had a player since Cullen capable of the kind of performance he put in yesterday evening.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I would say that is similar to what Dobson produces week in week out.. Thing I would like to see from Conor is drive with the ball, and killer passes, which he has in the locker. Still think Anderson, Dobson Coventry can work really well, but I also like May in that 10..
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:

I would say that is similar to what Dobson produces week in week out.. Thing I would like to see from Conor is drive with the ball, and killer passes, which he has in the locker. Still think Anderson, Dobson Coventry can work really well, but I also like May in that 10..
    It only works if you have a playmaker in there, the lack of creativity is a big reason we are where we are. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:

His killer pass last night, alongside DK’s running in behind of course, is what won us the penalty to draw level.
    Yes, as I said he has it in the locker, would like to see it more.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:

It only works if you have a playmaker in there, the lack of creativity is a big reason we are where we are. 
    That's why I would like May in that role.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:

His killer pass last night, alongside DK’s running in behind of course, is what won us the penalty to draw level.
    Watched it back on the highlights not long ago

Its a great pass, but Kanu's work rate makes it slightly more impressive. After all, it doesnt seem to be one of those from Coventry because he's seen Kanu making the move.

Instead he's made the pass, because he knows Kanu will put the effort in to run on to it... I imagine thats come from them working together on the training ground

No doubt we'd have found it very wasteful, had one of Coventry or Kanu not read the move in the first place