Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading [A] Tickets (2,963 Sold Out)

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    A rare away excursion for me as my youngest son lives in Reading. Doing my bit to keep him ingratiated with Charlton.

Is the new station by the stadium open now?
    Yes, but it is quite a distance from the stadium & trains run every 30 minutes, the shuttle buses from outside Reading Station are probably just as quick.
    Bought my ticket - went to Elm Park years ago (crap ground) - new (ish) ground I’ve not been to - looks a soulless out of town identikit stadium (fitting, given Reading is a dump) 

Are you saying using the train to the station near the stadium is about as much use as a chocolate teapot ??
    Usually plenty of buses to/from Reading station 
    The shuttle buses are pretty good but traffic can be slow from station and ground so allow a bit of time.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    20 minute walk from Reading Green Park - about an hour from the main station.

Trains to Green Park at 7 and 37.
    Trains to Reading at 12 and 42.
    Reading Green Park looks like it’s in the middle of nowhere - any pubs around there?
    Pretty sure there's nothing in the area
  • Options
    • Allocation: 2,493

• Sold: 337

• On sale until: 4pm on Friday, February 9th

• Options
    only away game of the season for the majoirty of my lot will be my only one aswell, purely going for the piss up with mates no other reason - could be a 6 pointer 
  • Options
    Think this might be an important fixture for us now

Wasn’t going to bother but will get a ticket today hopefully we take a good support there 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Went to the game at theirs in Nov 2014, we won 1 nil thanks a header from Vetokele during the brief decent spell we had under Bob Peeters in the first half of the season before the rot set in. We spent most of the game taking the piss out of a literal full kit Reading wanker of about 30 in the section next to the away end. Shirt, shorts, socks the lot.

Funnily enough Reading were managed by Nigel Adkins at the time, he'd be sacked by them the following month.
    Don’t frighten me that almost ten years ago. 

I drove through the night for that game and arrived in Newbury about breakfast time.

Really enjoyed that day and drove home following morning.  F K W yes that was funny.
  • Options
    Went to the game at theirs in Nov 2014, we won 1 nil thanks a header from Vetokele during the brief decent spell we had under Bob Peeters in the first half of the season before the rot set in. We spent most of the game taking the piss out of a literal full kit Reading wanker of about 30 in the section next to the away end. Shirt, shorts, socks the lot.

Funnily enough Reading were managed by Nigel Adkins at the time, he'd be sacked by them the following month.

Funny I thought he had the socks on as well?
  • Options
    only away game of the season for the majoirty of my lot will be my only one aswell, purely going for the piss up with mates no other reason - could be a 6 pointer 
    Don't you mean 6 pinter :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like the family area is in R31 in the area behind the goal 
  • Options
    I have family tickets in R32
  • Options
    edited January 24
    so where actually is the family area then ? 
  • Options
    I have R32 row E. Perhaps it’s the lower section of R31/R32 🤷🏼
  • Options
    Well I've got a couple for R32 so can't be a family sectuon?
  • Options
    The lower part of it could be. What row do you have?
  • Options

BB
  • Options

BB
    BB will be towards the back 
  • Options

• Sold: 788

• Options
    R32 row AA which I'm guessing is towards the back, didn't buy family tickets 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Sold: 1,031

• Options
    Very good numbers, given our lamentable away form.
  • Options
    10 of us going to this one.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Very good numbers, given our lamentable away form.
    agreed - however very good prices as well - especially for kids and pretty easy one to get to now

I'd expect this to get close to selling out, especially if our form happens to pick up
  • Options
    Golfie Jnr wanted to do an away trip in Feb & had been looking at Derby as he's never been to Pride Park. 

However, Reading looks like its going to be much more important so thinking about going to this one instead. 

Some questions if I may......

How much would it be on the Elizabeth line from Woolwich (no oysters or fee savers). The coach is £21 - is that the better option ? (no drinking planned & just want to get there & back as quickly as possible). I've driven to Reading on numerous occasions but after eye surgery prefer not to drive in the dark.
  • Options
    Golfie Jnr wanted to do an away trip in Feb & had been looking at Derby as he's never been to Pride Park. 

However, Reading looks like its going to be much more important so thinking about going to this one instead. 

Some questions if I may......

How much would it be on the Elizabeth line from Woolwich (no oysters or fee savers). The coach is £21 - is that the better option ? (no drinking planned & just want to get there & back as quickly as possible). I've driven to Reading on numerous occasions but after eye surgery prefer not to drive in the dark.
    The Elizabeth line to Reading is about £30 return.
  • Options
    edited January 29
    The key is getting to and from the Elizabeth line to the ground before and after the game.
    From what I read it seems impractical.
  • Options
    The bus link to the stadium is fine, seems to work well
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    The bus link to the stadium is fine, seems to work well
    It does.

Leave no later than 14.00 and allow to get back for 18.00 and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    8 of us going