Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading [A] Tickets (2,963 Sold Out)

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    The bus link to the stadium is fine, seems to work well
    It does.

Leave no later than 14.00 and allow to get back for 18.00 and you'll be fine.
    My local game so I'll be there. Can't vouch for the bus from the station but the club run buses from all over the local area and the system seems to work well. There will probably be pick-ups on the way so I agree best to leave the station no later than 2.00. The buses tend to leave soon after the end of the match as they have priority over cars so don't hang around. If you have a bus pass it's worth bringing it - it used to be free but I'm not sure it is now as Reading are cutting back.      
  • Options
    By rail: The nearest railway station is the Reading Green Park station, approximately 15 minutes' walk to the stadium. Alternatively, Reading Station is connected directly to major cities across the UK and many local towns. From there take the F1 (Reading Station Shuttle Service) commences 2 hours before kick-off and a minimum of 12 buses run frequently to & from the stadium, up to 1 hour 45 minutes after the final whistle. 
    Our football bus fares are increasing for the 2023/24 season. This is due to a decision by Reading Football Club to remove funding towards lower fares, alongside increased running costs.
    https://www.readingfc.co.uk/matchday/travel-parking

The fares for football buses are different from our normal services, so you need to buy football-specific tickets - normal tickets and passes are not valid. If paying cash, please have the exact fare - our drivers don't carry change.

Reading Station to the Stadium - F1 shuttle

single fare return
     adult £3.50 £5.50
     under-19s £3.50 £5.50    

https://www.reading-buses.co.uk/fares-and-tickets/football

• Options
    seth plum said:
    The key is getting to and from the Elizabeth line to the ground before and after the game.
    From what I read it seems impractical.
    How are the shuttle buses from the station to the ground impractical?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    seth plum said:
    The key is getting to and from the Elizabeth line to the ground before and after the game.
    From what I read it seems impractical.
    How are the shuttle buses from the station to the ground impractical?
    How did you miss the word ‘seems’?
  • Options
    HandG said:
    Golfie Jnr wanted to do an away trip in Feb & had been looking at Derby as he's never been to Pride Park. 

However, Reading looks like its going to be much more important so thinking about going to this one instead. 

Some questions if I may......

How much would it be on the Elizabeth line from Woolwich (no oysters or fee savers). The coach is £21 - is that the better option ? (no drinking planned & just want to get there & back as quickly as possible). I've driven to Reading on numerous occasions but after eye surgery prefer not to drive in the dark.
    The Elizabeth line to Reading is about £30 return.
    Looks like the Coach is the answer then
  • Options
    3 of us going - will drive there I think £30 each for the Elizabeth line seems ridiculous.
  • Options
    Booked our two today.
    Does anyone know of any if there are any decent car parks near the ground?
  • Options
    3 of us going - will drive there I think £30 each for the Elizabeth line seems ridiculous.
    Better of getting returns from Paddington.
  • Options
    Park and ride off the M4 was OK last time. 
  • Options
    Better of getting returns from Paddington.
    Especially if you get 3 or more of you going as group save will kick in and return Paddington/Reading <£16 each
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LeeValley said:
    Park and ride off the M4 was OK last time. 
    Thanks for that.
    Do you just pay the bus fare and that includes parking?
  • Options
    Taking three of the grandchildren and paid £10 to park at the ground 
  • Options
    I've looked at Reading's website for info re parking close to the ground but it's very poor...

Can you point me in the right direction , please, thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 29
    Free parking. £4.50 return on bus. Just south of M4. 
  • Options
    How many have we sold ?

• Options
    I've looked at Reading's website for info re parking close to the ground but it's very poor...

Can you point me in the right direction , please, thanks.
    Matchday Permits

It costs £10 for a Matchday Permit for league fixtures in Car Park 3 Red Zone. This price may vary for cup fixtures and other events.

Booking in advance is the only way to guarantee a parking space on matchday, subject to availability at the time of booking. To pre-book, head to our Ticket Office page or ring 0118 968 1313. Advance booking goes off sale 4 hours before each fixture, but once it is too late to post your permit, Print at Home will be the only option to receive your permit. Parking permits cannot be left for collection on matchday.  

A limited number of Matchday Permits may be available on a matchday if they do not sell out in advance, at a price of £15. Any Permits bought on arrival must be paid by card - cash will not be accepted.

RFC Car Park Maps Combined 2022-23 A4jpg

https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/parking

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/

• Options
    Ah, thanks, Clive, as always. 

I did manage to locate some info and we'll be looking to park at the former Speedway Stadium site apprx 5 mins walk from the Ground

Just need to find somewhere local to eat now as the Pizza Hut has closed since we last visited..
  • Options
    There’s supposed to be a McDonald’s and KFC in the retail park by the ground if they interest you ?
  • Options

I did manage to locate some info and we'll be looking to park at the former Speedway Stadium site apprx 5 mins walk from the Ground

Just need to find somewhere local to eat now as the Pizza Hut has closed since we last visited..
    I’m booking over the other side of the ground near Nando’s (RG2 0DA) as your grandaughter has given me her orders 
  • Options
    edited January 29
    Last time I went by car I used JustPark and parked in a hotel car park less than a 10 min walk away. Cost around £5. 

I really hate all these "out of town" grounds. By the looks of what's been listed above if you get the train to mainline Reading station you have to get a shuttle bus which costs £5.50 return. So that's another expense on top of the c£30 cost of a train ticket. Pointless going from Paddington as we need to get from Bromley to Paddington....so more expense. And there are only 2 of us so no "group" booking. 

£21 on Valley Express which leaves Bromley North station (I assume that's still the pick up point) & drops us off outside the away end seems like the best option to me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Check the traffic when you leave as A33 can be a right ball ache after a game to get to the M4.  Might be quicker to head towards town centre and cut across to A329M and head to Bracknell then M3 up to the M25
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

Check the traffic when you leave as A33 can be a right ball ache after a game to get to the M4.  Might be quicker to head towards town centre and cut across to A329M and head to Bracknell then M3 up to the M25
    Noted with thanks, CA.
  • Options
    Last time I went by car I used JustPark and parked in a hotel car park less than a 10 min walk away. Cost around £5. 

I really hate all these "out of town" grounds. By the looks of what's been listed above if you get the train to mainline Reading station you have to get a shuttle bus which costs £5.50 return. So that's another expense on top of the c£30 cost of a train ticket. Pointless going from Paddington as we need to get from Bromley to Paddington....so more expense. And there are only 2 of us so no "group" booking. 

£21 on Valley Express which leaves Bromley North station (I assume that's still the pick up point) & drops us off outside the away end seems like the best option to me. 
    I used JustPark at Pompey and parked in someone’s driveway 5 mins from the ground. Really good idea and worked a treat 
  • Options
    I parked at the ground when I went to the game in 2019. Took a while to get away at the end but all very easy and convenient.
  • Options
    How many have we sold ?

I’ve bought 2000. So probably about 2030 I’d say.
  • Options
    18 of us going looking forward to it.
  • Options
    edited January 30
    Going to the game with an old work colleague and his Reading mates. 
    They always meet in the Mere Oak park & ride car park, and share a group bus ticket. There’s no parking charge and the coach ride to the ground is 5 to 10 minutes.

The Just Park App has spaces about a 20 minute walk from the ground. 
  • Options
    According to my friend there's a protest planned now, but not one that will disrupt the match. 
    It's 'Get that clown out of town'. Clown wigs and masks to be worn.
    Is it @seth plum who hates clowns?
  • Options
    • Allocation: 2,493

• Sold: 1,434

• On sale until: 4pm on Friday, February 9th

• Options
    clive said:
    • Allocation: 2,493

• Sold: 1,434

• On sale until: 4pm on Friday, February 9th

This will probably sell out at this rate