Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Derby County: Saturday 3rd February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Players confidence is on the floor, hopefully a new manager bounce will carry us enough to survive before we rip everything up in the summer and start again 
  • Options
    Worrying tbh. Don't think the new lads add much, Ladapo and Gillesphey actually make us worse (that's 2 goals he's cost us)

Huge game next week. Lose that and I bet our squad lose their heads.
  • Options
    We need a fcking miracle from NJ. League 2 doesn't even bare thinking about. Barrow, Sutton, Harrogate. My god how depressing.
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    charlton v bromley is the upside.

Hopefully not in the National League 😱
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very good interview with Fleming on Charlton TV. Spot on with the problems. Really would like him to be a prominent coach under NJ.  

What???? We have been dogshit on the pitch in his time in charge. There has been no evidence at all that things have improved with him at the helm, no matter how brief.

I don't give a fucking shit how someone talks and says all the right words. The only thing that matters is performances, and there has been no solid EVIDENCE to back up any claims that he should stay on.

Just because someone isn't a good Manager... Doesnt make them a bad coach

Les Reid for example? - Sammy Lee... Both highly regarded in the game as Assistant Managers.

Dog shit when in charge of the whole situation
  • Options
    edited February 3
    Possession: Charlton
    Shots: Charlton
    On Target: Draw
    Corners: Charlton
    xG: Charlton
    Passes in oppo half: Charlton
    Touches in oppo box: Charlton
    Shots in oppo box: Derby
    Tackles: Derby
    Goals: Derby
    I'm usually a stat fan but not in games like today. They had the quality to create a clear-cut chance from a small opening and we didn't. Instead we took to running straight at them on the edge of the box or hitting hopeful potshots. They deserved the win. 
  • Options
    Last team that beat Derby? Reading. 

We play them next week in a massive 6 pointer. Jones needs to hit the ground running. 
  • Options
    We need a fcking miracle from NJ. League 2 doesn't even bare thinking about. Barrow, Sutton, Harrogate. My god how depressing.
    Cannot happen. Need some proper grit and bollocks
  • Options
    Far too soft we are. Norwich nous. I am seriously fearing this team will be relegated. A fit Chums would make a massive difference but realistically that ain't gonna happen.
  • Options
    I am not sure how many more disappointments I can take and I am sure I am not alone. Would be nice just once in a while to feel the satisfaction of a win. I only get to a handful of away games each season at the moment but I haven't seen us win for two years! We are totally lost and I can't see us recovering, even with a new manager. Player recruitment yet again has been all wrong and the mentality of the players is shot to bits. Does anyone realistically think that when players like Taylor, Ladapo, Camara are up to match fitness they will be able to turn this around? I think not.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    @Callumcafc I apologise for my comment in the match thread if it offended - was meant to come across as a joke 🤝 

Fair enough, appreciate you posting that - it wasn’t offensive, just caught me off guard.
  • Options
    Very good interview with Fleming on Charlton TV. Spot on with the problems. Really would like him to be a prominent coach under NJ.  

What???? We have been dogshit on the pitch in his time in charge. There has been no evidence at all that things have improved with him at the helm, no matter how brief.

I don't give a fucking shit how someone talks and says all the right words. The only thing that matters is performances, and there has been no solid EVIDENCE to back up any claims that he should stay on.

Les Reid for example? - Sammy Lee... Both highly regarded in the game as Assistant Managers.

I have never given somebody a job because they say nice things. I want evidence that they have done good things.

There is no evidence to suggest in any way he should stay on. It could be argued there is not evidence he hasnt made an impact - but in our position, thats not enough.
  • Options
    No club is like another. All are special to their supporters and would fight if their Club's future was under threat. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jones will need to introduce the players to each other as looked like a team of strangers.
    Derby showed how to con a ref and be smart plus able to pass to each other.

Hope someone turns out to be creative soon.
  • Options

I have never given somebody a job because they say nice things. I want evidence that they have done good things.

There is no evidence to suggest in any way he should stay on. It could be argued there is not evidence he hasnt made an impact - but in our position, thats not enough.
    Evidence of someone doing good things prior to arriving at Charlton appears to be the wrong approach at times though  e.g. Ladapo?

Need to start taking more of a gamble on those hungry to succeed in the game, and want a point to prove, rather than the safe option of having evidence of what they've done... That was the Charlton way you speak a lot of
  • Options
    Don't forget Reading are this low because of points deducted, otherwise they would be higher on the league. Must not underestimate them next week 
  • Options
    edited February 3
    So sick of watching us lose. Could barely muster the energy to get out of my seat at the end. 

We missed Dobbo in that last 20 minutes when there were tired legs and the team struggled to get the ball back and keep it. He's everywhere in times like that. 

Watching that game, I sat there wondering how we can spend money on fees, pay the wages we do, bring in another 7 players and yet still look so devoid of quality. We looked like a bottom half team today. Some of our players can't play a 5-yard pass without it going repeatedly wide of target. The composure and creativity in the final third looked like a team who belong in 18th. 

Derby's #5 Bradley, that's a proper CB. So aggressive and doesn't give an inch. 

Ladapo looks good at turning and getting a shot away and not much else. 

Bakinson is 6'3 and yet doesn't go in the box for corners? What is that about. 
  • Options
    We're in a relegation battle.
  • Options
    We're in a relegation battle.
    But..but..Ronnie said it isn't an issue!
  • Options
    Is it? He said that we failed to show bravery on the ball, but also said that he's drilled into the players all week 'don't take chances'. Bit of a contradiction there and it feels like after the Gillesphey mistake the not taking chances took over and we never looked like scoring.