Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Derby County: Saturday 3rd February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Ain’t no doubt about it, we’re deep in the 💩. We’re not down yet but the season has to restart next weekend. Next Saturday is must win
  • Options
    We played better and deserved a point. 
  • Options
    Appleton out ! 
  • Options
    edited February 3
    SDAddick said:
    19th, 3 points clear of the drop but all of the teams below us have games in hand, including Port Vale with three games in hand and one point behind us. 
    Nothing to suggest, and one thing being forgotten, is the fact that none of those teams will suddenly turn into winning machines over the next couple of months either. 

We're all down the bottom because we cant win games. 
    Form from last 5 games: 

24. Carlisle: 0 Points
    23. Fleetwood: 4 Points
    22. Cheltenham: 3 Points
    21. Reading: 8 Points
    20. Port Vale: 4 Points 
    19. Charlton: 1 Point
    18. Burton: 5 Points. 

They don't need to be winning machines, just better than us. 
    No. We are 6th from bottom. We need to equal their results
    ? that's exactly what I said. They need to be better than us. 

Currently all of them, apart from Carlisle, are getting more points than us. 

Port Vale and others have games in hand too so Port Vale could match our results and go above us. 
  • Options
    Going down like a cheap doxy in Southwark!

(Dr Johnson 1756)

• Options
    I've seen worse performances by us, overall could argue a point would've been fair. Not sure this wingback formation works for us, May needs to be in the box for one. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Rothko said:
    Croydon said:
    Very good interview with Fleming on Charlton TV. Spot on with the problems. Really would like him to be a prominent coach under NJ.  
    Is there any other fanbase that gets this hard over someone speaking on camera. Fucking hell
    Honestly, the amount of people taken in by a soft Irish accent is something else, hope none of you are off to Dublin on a hen do, you’ll be anyone’s after a couple 
    I would never be taken in by a sof...oh okay fine, point taken
    A Dubs accent is never soft ffs.
    If you called my gf a Dub I shudder to think what she'd call you back! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Rothko said:
    Croydon said:
    Very good interview with Fleming on Charlton TV. Spot on with the problems. Really would like him to be a prominent coach under NJ.  
    Is there any other fanbase that gets this hard over someone speaking on camera. Fucking hell
    Honestly, the amount of people taken in by a soft Irish accent is something else, hope none of you are off to Dublin on a hen do, you’ll be anyone’s after a couple 
    I would never be taken in by a sof...oh okay fine, point taken
    A Dubs accent is never soft ffs.
    If you called my gf a Dub I shudder to think what she'd call you back! 
    A Dubs a Dub.
    I’m a blowin.
    It is what it is 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    16 games to go, if Jones manages a 40% win rate that’s 6 wins. Is that enough to avoid the drop?
  • Options
    Derby fan on CLive said they never play well, dominate, etc. It's why Paul Warne is strangely unpopular despite them being near the top. They just always manage to nick goals and win games. 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Valley11 said:
    Major major trouble. Massive roll of the dice on Jones. Here’s hoping he can do it. Relegation to League 1 was supposed to be a holiday where we’d batter everyone. Imagine being in division 4...
    Imperative we stay up 
    Carry on like this and we won't be imagining it!

Each transfer window must get more difficult with our reputation as career killers.
    Sorry trying to cheer people up.

56 years ago today Peter Reeves got married.
    In the morning and playing in the afternoon.
    He was 18 years old and was marking Rodney Marsh that day.
    .Some of Reeves team mates were hardly any older Bob Curtis 18, Dennis Booth 18,Paul Went 18 . John Stenson 19 and Bob Willis 20.

for the last 30muutes we played with 10 men and had been without our goalkeeper for most of the second half . 

We drew 3-3 , QPR went up and Peter Reeves, Bob Curtis and Paul Went would go on to play over 820 games between them for Charlton.

Just trying to cheer everyone and myself up.

Sorry.

Remeber it well.

What wonderful players they were.

Thanks for the memory LC.
    Thanks also LC remember it too... Loved Reeves...They were good old days and not ruined by the money that is killing the game now... Too man mercenaries in the game now. 
  • Options
    edited February 3
    DOUCHER said:
    If the 2 players we’ve just signed to play wing back are no good and if chucks doesn’t come back and stay fit, I think we are in serious danger of going down - Coventry is the only signing Scott has made to date that is any good - Scott has been an absolute disaster 
    The cameo Ramsay had looked good, he didn't have too much time, but had enough to suggest he will come to be fine, the other guy, Small, we will have to see, but we need Chuks to be able to get 30 minutes a game minimum to change things up if needed, otherwise you are right, we are in deep shite big time...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    19th, 3 points clear of the drop but all of the teams below us have games in hand, including Port Vale with three games in hand and one point behind us. 
    Nothing to suggest, and one thing being forgotten, is the fact that none of those teams will suddenly turn into winning machines over the next couple of months either. 

We're all down the bottom because we cant win games. 
    Form from last 5 games: 

24. Carlisle: 0 Points
    23. Fleetwood: 4 Points
    22. Cheltenham: 3 Points
    21. Reading: 8 Points
    20. Port Vale: 4 Points 
    19. Charlton: 1 Point
    18. Burton: 5 Points. 

They don't need to be winning machines, just better than us. 
    No. We are 6th from bottom. We need to equal their results
    ? that's exactly what I said. They need to be better than us. 

Currently all of them, apart from Carlisle, are getting more points than us. 

Port Vale and others have games in hand too so Port Vale could match our results and go above us. 
    Reading draw or win midweek then beat us we are likely in bottom four then all those above us will just need to match our results and we will be relegated. Can't believe some are still trying to put a positive spin on our position. If the players do the same we've had it.

Desperate times call for desperate measures Large...don't want to admit defeat until it is done
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Valley11 said:
    Major major trouble. Massive roll of the dice on Jones. Here’s hoping he can do it. Relegation to League 1 was supposed to be a holiday where we’d batter everyone. Imagine being in division 4...
    Imperative we stay up 
    Carry on like this and we won't be imagining it!

Each transfer window must get more difficult with our reputation as career killers.
    Sorry trying to cheer people up.

56 years ago today Peter Reeves got married.
    In the morning and playing in the afternoon.
    He was 18 years old and was marking Rodney Marsh that day.
    .Some of Reeves team mates were hardly any older Bob Curtis 18, Dennis Booth 18,Paul Went 18 . John Stenson 19 and Bob Willis 20.

for the last 30muutes we played with 10 men and had been without our goalkeeper for most of the second half . 

We drew 3-3 , QPR went up and Peter Reeves, Bob Curtis and Paul Went would go on to play over 820 games between them for Charlton.

Just trying to cheer everyone and myself up.

Sorry.

Don't be sorry:
    Was that the game Rodney Marsh scored a hat trick and a curtsy to the Covered end ?
    "Rodney is a fairy" a different age with no social media and full on insults.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    If the 2 players we’ve just signed to play wing back are no good and if chucks doesn’t come back and stay fit, I think we are in serious danger of going down - Coventry is the only signing Scott has made to date that is any good - Scott has been an absolute disaster 
    The cameo Ramsay had looked good, he didn't have too much time, but had enough to suggest he will come to be fine, the other guy, Small, we will have to see, but we need Chuks to be able to get 30 minutes a game minimum to change things up if needed, otherwise you are right, we are in deep shite big time...
    Did he look good? He tackled himself trying to cross it
  • Options
    edited February 3
     as I saw it the only problem with the team today was we seemed to be playing with 10 men plus Ladapo who couldn’t control the ball or do anything with it if he touched it. I was leaning towards the camp that wanted to keep the temporary manager but given he kept Ladapo on for the whole game I think it might be better if the new manager brings his own people in.
  • Options
    I was slightly disappointed with Coventry today to be honest. Not as defensively tenacious as Dobson, but with the ball got into good positions but  often misplaced his pass. 

Hopefully it's rustiness and a lack of understanding with his teammates, which wouldn't be surprising considering the revolving door of team selection.
    Poor decision making in his Charlton career so far but very early days. 
  • Options
    16 games to go, if Jones manages a 40% win rate that’s 6 wins. Is that enough to avoid the drop?
    I would think so 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Did he look good? He tackled himself trying to cross it
    He got squeezed out of it and has to try and hit the ball awkwardly to get it past the opposition defender.

Thought he showed some bright moments. Pace and telescopic legs.