Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Derby County: Saturday 3rd February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Possession: Charlton
    Shots: Charlton
    On Target: Draw
    Corners: Charlton
    xG: Charlton
    Passes in oppo half: Charlton
    Touches in oppo box: Charlton
    Shots in oppo box: Derby
    Tackles: Derby
    Goals: Derby
    Make sure you ask the EFLto add on the appropriate points for this 
    Goals Derby
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Very good interview with Fleming on Charlton TV. Spot on with the problems. Really would like him to be a prominent coach under NJ.  
    Is there any other fanbase that gets this hard over someone speaking on camera. Fucking hell
    Seems a decent bloke, but I've seen nothing to suggest he's a decent coach.
  • Options
    Think the playoffs might just be a bit of a stretch now unfortunately. . 
    Now you're just trying to improve your LOL score! Ok have one!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Very good interview with Fleming on Charlton TV. Spot on with the problems. Really would like him to be a prominent coach under NJ.  
    Is there any other fanbase that gets this hard over someone speaking on camera. Fucking hell

This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which League 2 stadium are you looking most forward to?
    Harrogate. Nice place apparently. 
    Have you seen their league position, in with a good shout of playoffs so might be passing us in the other direction as we drop down.
  • Options
    Dreadful game - Derby weren't as bad as us.

No attacking threat and the usual defensive error.

Can't see us winning a game.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Croydon said:
    Honestly, the amount of people taken in by a soft Irish accent is something else, hope none of you are off to Dublin on a hen do, you’ll be anyone’s after a couple 
    I would never be taken in by a sof...oh okay fine, point taken
  • Options

You are right they weren’t as bad as us but they looked way off a team that will get promoted. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fmark: 
    AMB: needs dropping (!)
    NESS: made the most of his limited capabilities 
    THOMAS: our best defender ran out of steam 
    GILLESPHEY: pony
    T.WATSON: not bad
    REG: out of position first half
    COVENTRY: too safe too slow
    BAKINSON: pisstaker typical loan chancer 
    EDUN: livewire 
    LADAPO: inexcusable shames the shirt 
    MAY: he must be furious and planning his escape from this shitshow
    KANU: lack of service but he’s lightweight 
    Referee: Useless muppet who has never seen the game
  • Options
    Gutted another home defeat 
    I thought there was definitely some improvement in team but still not good enough the lack confidence in the side stands out a mile 
    We just got to hope with the new manager coming in will change that as its looking very likely we are going down 
    Makes Reading a real must win let's get down there get behind the team & make the 12th man count 
  • Options
    Whoever interviewed Curtis at the end of that game for Charlton, said " we know we've got a lot of quality in our squad... "  As a club we are so deluded in thinking we are better than we are, we're 19th in league 1 for a reason. Cause we're shit. Our players have little to no quality whatsoever. Whose to blame for this? I don't know. 

Well i am sure someone will point the finger in the right direction.

Let me begin with the SMT.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Possession: Charlton
    Shots: Charlton
    On Target: Draw
    Corners: Charlton
    xG: Charlton
    Passes in oppo half: Charlton
    Touches in oppo box: Charlton
    Shots in oppo box: Derby
    Tackles: Derby
    Goals: Derby
    Stats mean genuinely.... f all

I agree. Although those stats and what I saw today does give me a bit more confidence for the next two games. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Rothko said:
    Croydon said:
    Honestly, the amount of people taken in by a soft Irish accent is something else, hope none of you are off to Dublin on a hen do, you’ll be anyone’s after a couple 
    I would never be taken in by a sof...oh okay fine, point taken
    A Dubs accent is never soft ffs.
  • Options

You are right they weren’t as bad as us but they looked way off a team that will get promoted. 

Agreed, they didn't look anything special, time wasting, feigning injury, and a stupid ref taken in by it all, we deserved a draw, and it looked a 0-0 all day long...thing is these top teams seem to have the ability to scrape these wins, we don't seem to have a clue how to break down a resolute defence ...
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    19th, 3 points clear of the drop but all of the teams below us have games in hand, including Port Vale with three games in hand and one point behind us. 
    Nothing to suggest, and one thing being forgotten, is the fact that none of those teams will suddenly turn into winning machines over the next couple of months either. 

We're all down the bottom because we cant win games. 
    Form from last 5 games: 

24. Carlisle: 0 Points
    23. Fleetwood: 4 Points
    22. Cheltenham: 3 Points
    21. Reading: 8 Points
    20. Port Vale: 4 Points 
    19. Charlton: 1 Point
    18. Burton: 5 Points. 

They don't need to be winning machines, just better than us. 
    No. We are 6th from bottom. We need to equal their results