Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Reading vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 10th February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Anyone think we’re getting a single point out of:

Lincoln
    Bolton
    Pompey
    Derby

• Options
    Its definetly the players isnt it👍
  • Options
    Interesting decision to implement a 3-5-2 without having anywhere near close the personnel to play it, and sell off the player that would allow us to revert back to our most successful formation.
  • Options
    We are so bad 
  • Options
    edited February 10
    LoOkOuT said:
    Not going to go over the 90 minutes because we were poor. One shot on target. Conceded from two set pieces. Now well and truly in a relegation battle and we don’t look up for it.

Reading look to be pulling away from trouble and we look to be falling through a trap door.

We’re punished for every mistake we make and I don’t see how it gets any better. Nathan Jones’ appointment provided a lot of hope but we’re poor in nearly old parts of the pitch and that doesn’t look like changing.

Andy Scott and company have made their bed and now we all have to lie in it.

Reading 2 Charlton 0
    Over to you.
    But we're not being 'punished for every mistake'  (just ask Jordan Rhodes).  We make so many that eventually a ball will fall kindly, one of theirs will catch one well, etc etc.   
    Agreed, there was a time when we were constantly conceding late goals where it felt like we were being punished for every mistake. Now? We've just started making a lot more mistakes. 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    I don’t like strikers as captains. Alfie May is the sharp end of our spear and should only be concerned with taking his chances. Not trying to direct the other ten misfit toys. Captains should be in the middle or down the back, where they can see things unfolding in front of them.
    We did have one mate but obvs he’s not good enough for a league one promotion push 😂😂😂😂

I didn’t think things could get worse than the last few years but the dobbo situation has tipped me over the edge  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The second goal really did for me. Can’t deal with a long throw and then head clear right into the middle of the penalty area onto the end of a boot of the opponent. The first goal very much the same none existent defending. 
    We are going to be screwed if can’t defend better than today but we don’t look any different anywhere on the pitch. 
  • Options
    The second goal really did for me. Can’t deal with a long throw and then head clear right into the middle of the penalty area onto the end of a boot of the opponent. The first goal very much the same none existent defending. 
    We are going to be screwed if can’t defend better than today but we don’t look any different anywhere on the pitch. 
    T.Watson wonderful assist for the goal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lincoln next and then playing 3 teams at the top of the table. We are 100% going to be in the relegation zone come March
  • Options
    Has Dobson left ? 
  • Options

Lincoln
    Bolton
    Pompey
    Derby

Nope
  • Options
    Safety 60%
    Relegation 40%

The worst footballing period in our lifetimes by a long way 
    shocking 
    You are the don when it comes to percentages but the pessimist in me would have it the other way round.
  • Options

Lincoln
    Bolton
    Pompey
    Derby

Probably not at present and if we lose Tuesday I think we are done and will be relegated comfortably. I know we can't rely on Chuks but his return is the only hope. 
  • Options
    Safety 60%
    Relegation 40%

The worst footballing period in our lifetimes by a long way 
    shocking 
    You are the don when it comes to percentages but the pessimist in me would have it the other way round.
    You’re prolly right 
    I’m basing it on the fact we just can’t be that shit always but we have some genuine non footballers starting 
    half of them can’t kick a ball properly 
    oh I hate em 

we have no creativity