Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Reading vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 10th February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    edited February 10
    Seeing some people having doubts about Jones already after having our fanbase calling him the messiah twenty four hours ago.

We are truly damaged as a fanbase.
    Damaged probably as a fanbase, who wouldn’t be the way owners have treated the club in recent years.

Youve got be off your nut having doubts over NJ, maybe we should bring back Appleton, he’d have a go sorting things out! (Not saying you Callum!).

I know people are looking for a new manager bounce, well we’re on our 3rd this season!

I keep banging on about, staying us up this season would be a huge achievement.

I know we don’t want to hear it because we think we should be in higher division, but so many mistakes have been made, in such a short space of time.

I can’t ever remember bringing in 4 defenders in a January transfer window?

Have we improved, I’d say not, we’re playing like a team of individuals, big task for NJ, Hart and Fleming.
  • Options
    Lack of basic skills, from first touch to crossing to tactical nous. 
    Can do tactics and formations all you like but if you can’t control the ball and pass and move you will lose every time!
    Not to mention corners and free kicks. 
    We can’t do the basics, as you said. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    mrbligh said:
    I thought Roland was king of the ridiculous but selling your captain when in the middle of a relegation battle will take some beating 
    How about selling your main creative player as well?
    Beyond madness 
  • Options
    How many points to be safe?.
  • Options
    Are only hope is that NJ and PH can drill some sort of cohesion into this team of individuals 
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    Not having the majority blame being passed on to Sandgaard & Roland, these so called football people created this team, hired the likes of Appleton.

If we are relegated it is all on them.  
    If we end up in League 2, a large amount of blame goes to previous owners too. They started our descend with reckless business decisions. You can’t say all of the possible relegation is on current owners (yes, a large amount is also on them).  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Depressing that people are already taking little swipes at the manager.
  • Options
    I am sure Jones leant a lot today but be he should have already have learnt some things from the other coaches and videos, he should have learnt that Ladapo is not much good and our two wingbacks do not fulfil their function - simple stuff. Jones is no the saviour that most of you proclaim.
  • Options
    Jones is a decent manager but I am worried how little has changed after a full weeks training. 

Some of these players and more importantly those who recruited them don't deserve our support. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t have any issue with the players if they are not good enough. That falls down to Scott.

However lazy individuals who don’t give their all for the shirt, can go back to their respective parent clubs they came on loan from or the ones on permanent deals can go and train with the Under 21’s.

No excuse for not putting a shift in. Ship up or do one. 
  • Options
    edited February 10
    Yeah we are down! 
  • Options
    do managers sometimes have relegation exit clauses?

If we go down and NJ bails … 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Yeah we are down! 
    We're really not 
  • Options
    Whilst many of our fans run dry with excitement over tayo camara Eden lap and lauded our academy products others sat watched and learned there pretty much shite in general.
  • Options
    edited February 11
    Can’t blame Jones after a week, need a win Tuesday, the win will come from somewhere just hope it’s not too late. 
  • Options
    I don't see how, if (by some miracle) we find ourselves in the last match of the season with our continued presence in the Division in our own hands, the team have the ability and resolve to keep us up.

But, the way things are going, that will be the one disappointment that we won't experience this season.

We've been too easily out-muscled, out-thought and out-fought all season for there to be any expectation that we're anything but doomed.

I'd really love for young Mr Jones to prove me wrong...
  • Options
    Four, Four, fucking 2.