Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Reading vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 10th February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Come on now it wasn’t all bad we was the better team for the 1st 10 minutes 
  • Options
    Our record as the only professional South London club in the fourth tier is looking to be in real danger.
  • Options
    edited February 10
    There is desperation when Chuks is seen as the answer. Does anyone believe he will come back and play any regular football until the end of the season.
    Corrected for you.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Four, Four, fucking 2.
    Four, Four, fucking 2.
    No wingers for that
    Well we could play a diamond to get round that issue. The problem is we'd need half decent wing backs for that. 
  • Options
    Nathan Jones said on his post game that he had learned a lot from these 90 minutes. I’ll bet he did. I’d be surprised if we see Watson or Edun playing as wing backs again. They were both awful. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My fandom is not as long as many on here, only 25+ years but this team has made me do something that I had never done before until this season, leave the match before the final whistle, both today and against Gillingham.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Just got to shelve this result and focus everything on Ssturday. Derby’s gone. 3 pts at Reading and we build. 
    What we were saying last week…..
  • Options
    Was there today 

Wankers 

Good night 
    Succinct, polite and accurate!
  • Options
    Big shout out to a large contingent of Charlton fans today who were so ridiculously badly behaved. You know who you are, you know what you were doing, stop being absolute idiots and just support the team and watch the bloody game. Morons. 
    come on, what did they do? 
    Women and kids had to run to safety because some of our morons and morons from Reading started throwing stuff. I nearly got hit by a coin, my son got hit by a vape, Charlton 'fans' causing the large majority of the issues made worse admittedly by poor stadium management. It wasn't just kids either it was fully grown men just acting like they've never had a beer before.

one bloke, in his rush to join the action, tripped on the steps and knocked a kid flying who had to be take out with blood on her face. 

Just a total bunch of morons.
    I’m assuming this is what was going on around ht.   But… at any away game why would you chose to stand within vape/coin/dart range of the home fans?
    I’m not defending the behaviour, cos it is a bit nobbish, but it is quite easy to avoid 
  • Options
    Big shout out to a large contingent of Charlton fans today who were so ridiculously badly behaved. You know who you are, you know what you were doing, stop being absolute idiots and just support the team and watch the bloody game. Morons. 
    I was unfortunate to have had seats with the Stone Island brigade all looking like Palace ultras in their black hardman hoodies. My 15 year old daughter was really looking forward to this, but she has come home not wanting to go away again. My daughter stood next to these arseholes snorting coke off credit cards. She was hit over the back of the head by one of these stupid coked up w**kers who made a crap day crappier. I was also hit on the head by a coin thrown by one of them. They are sad Millwall wannabes. I don't expect it to be like the opera but I was genuinely worried about her safety if we had scored as they were so out of it. Luckily there wasn't much chance of that happening!
    Report it to the club. It’s gotta be kicked out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Copied from the match thread

It isn't Nathan Jones' fault 
    Appleton didn't help himself
    Holden saw what was coming as the players signed in August were dog shit
    It isn't the money men, who have spent money

Fundamentally

Charlie Methven
    Andy Scott
    Jim Rodwell

Have absolutely royally fucked this up

Think the buck stops with Rodwell and Scott. Only because I can't see CM and the money men paying them what one would think are decent salaries, only to then have to oversee everything themselves. Still hoping that, at the end of the season, one or two of these investors might break away and take full control, with the pumping of Rodwell and Scott being the first independent decision they'll be making. 🤞 
  • Options
    How many of today's starting 11 would you definitely like to keep for next season. 

May is the only 1 I'd be really 
    disappointed with if he left.

That in itself shows you how fucking dreadful our recruitment has een 
    May
    Bakinson 
    Coventry