Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Reading vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 10th February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Addick_8 said:
    How Andy Scott who has put together one of the worst Charlton sides in our history, has been allowed to sell Dobson (Our captain) in relegation battle is outrageous. 
    Dobson should be here and Scott should not. 

Surely the owners will be watching his decision making. 

To be fair Reading have lost 1 in 13, so are in great form. Finding four teams worse than us is a joke. Finding 1 worse than us would be really hard. 
  • Options
    Lincoln game is even bigger now, if they don’t show fight the atmosphere will be toxic quickly and the 3 games after are guaranteed to create 0 points 
  • Options
    Two long throws, and it's not the first time this season. Our long throw espert is Alfie May, who can only just reach the edge of the 18 yard box! In fact most of our throws, wherever on the pitch, end up with the opposition!

Jones has his work cut out. I really don't know if we'll stay up or not.
  • Options
    I think we’re going down. Not enough time for Jones to get them playing like a decent, coherent team. No fight, no bottle, no smarts. 
  • Options
    In a sea of shit I think Edun just pips T Watson as shithouse of the match 
    fucking useless 

Sadly he looks like a little boy lost 😞.
  • Options
    Jones saying what you'd expect
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see season ticket sales for next season. Could be very poor.
  • Options
    Has Dobson left ? 
    Lucky him 
  • Options
    Jones saying we are learning….too late for that mate we need fucking wins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tuesday is a huge game. A must win.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see season ticket sales for next season. Could be very poor.
    I bet they couldnt give them all away and get 10k in at this rate. 
  • Options
    At this point, staying up is a miracle. We have four games coming up where I can't see us getting a single point. If we do stay up Nathan Jones has performed a miracle. We were so bad today it angers me how little some of these players seem to care.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 10
    Isted an improvement. No other positives really from that game 
    Was he? Flapped at a cross first half. Made a spectacular looking save you’d expect him to make. Came rushing out a couple of times and nearly got in trouble. Pushed a shot right back into the danger zone. Kept kicking his clearances straight at Reading defenders. Apart from not wearing a mask I thought he was just like having AMB in goal. 
  • Options
    I’ve tried very hard to stay patient, not turn on anyone and contribute to an already negative atmosphere that is unlikely to help our situation, but there’s just no more defending them.

Kanu the only one who gets any credit and that’s just because he was the only one who truly like he was giving it his all. I rarely think players just aren’t trying or don’t care, but I saw too many not trying hard enough and not caught enough today. That is an extremely worrying sign.

If our technical director truly has looked at how we’ve been in recent weeks and decided that the solution is to force out one of the only two senior players that play with genuine passion and desire, then I just don’t know how to debate that kind of stupid. 

I think Isted did well and earned number 1 shirt for rest of the season.  Alfie looked knackered but still put a shift in.  L Watson put in a performance with a glimmer of creativity and potential that has surely been hindered by his lack of first team football this term which has been inexplicable.  Camara also showed us what we have missed in his absence with his late cameo and Kanu came on and tried his bollocks off when he came on and unlucky not to get a goal.

Don't think the others did anything of note which is grim.

• Options
    Should have gone after Lewis Wing or Azeez than the shit we brought in
  • Options
    Yeah, wing backs and Ladapo were glaringly bad today. We don't have a relegation squad necessarily, but those three are going to take us down if given half a chance