Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Derby v Charlton Athletic | Tues 27th Feb 2024

Comments

• Options
    have somehow stumbled on an official CAFC WhatsApp channel which has posted some great post match footage of the celebrations from the fans and players
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Well done team and NJ.

Playing like a team, AT LAST.

Virtually same players Appleton had,couldn't Scott see earlier, zero personality, zero passion would bring exactly that on to the field- doff my cap Mr Jones
  • Options
    Never in doubt. You can be quietly confident and not brag about it. Even at 0-1, felt so sure so made a little investment at 22/1 against. 

Kin hell money bags. What you going to treat yourself to?
    Will be re-invested. 22 new bets there!
  • Options

Drop Dobson and look what happens! All you Andy Scott doubters take note….

The last two games have perfectly demonstrated why that solid defensive base is always the foundation for success. It was ugly, it was hard to watch, but, even though we conceded, we were still in touching distance. Crucially, that meant when their keeper had a rush of blood to the head and we got that bit of luck for Kanu’s shot to bounce back to Anderson (who still had plenty to do, btw), we were scoring goals to win three points, not rescue one.

Fair play to Nathan Jones for turning our defending around so dramatically. I really hope it lasts.  Also, great managerial vision from him to pick Kanu, Anderson, and Small (who, let’s not forget, couldn’t get a game in bloody Scotland) as the players to turn us around. The three of them, all under 20 (!), have made a huge difference.

The warm inner glow of a well deserved and hard-fought win on the road. It’s a been a long time, but welcome home my old friend – please stick around for while.

THIS, exactly, great post
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Alfie May’s penalty was just like the ones Darren Bent used to take (as opposed to di Canio for example).
    You could see the Derby keeper waiting for him to blast it down the middle … rooted to the spot I think was term used in the commentary 
  • Options
    Just got home. Never seen a manager so passionate. Worth the journey home with motorway closed. Easy 3 points 
    On your licence?
  • Options
    Great reading some of these comments today. A real buzz all of a sudden after months of gloom. Still loads to do and we need to beat those teams around us but I've always believed this squad of players has been playing massively below the levels they're capable of. They've been poorly managed most of the season and that needs pinning on the choices of Andy Scott. Given the intensity Jones wants us playing at, Will Abbott is also going to be very important in the run in.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Smithy said:
    That's brilliant. This team has never lacked in commitment imo, they've just been badly coached/organised and demotivated. Still more points needed so let's keep it going. 
    Nathan Jones is bloody scary ain’t he? Brilliant, but scary.
  • Options
    Nathan is gonna take us places isn’t he….
    Well if hé does let’s hope we are not gone to long🤣
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    It won’t get any better than today for Charlton.

Points deduction for Reading

1-0 down 1-2 up and win at Derby …

All other results go our way with Stockley grabbing to late goals to earn a draw at Port Vale.

Most of us couldn’t see that happening.
    Great birthday present. I'm 57 tomorrow. 
    Believe me, being 57's shit. Make the most of the next hour and 23 minutes...
    Beer, coke & hookers on their way....😉
    You think 57 is bad,I am 80 in April,takes me 10 minutes to get out of bed in the morning,weekly shopping consists of 25 % Voltorol,neurofen,Vapour rub,heat patches etc,to go with 15 tablets a day for Parkinsons ,blood pressure,Cholestrol,iron deficiency.
    But here the thing,tomorrow in probably the pissing down with rain,I shall be playing the Heritage Course at London Golf club.
    I will be 30 years older than anyone else in our party of 8,but bollocks to it.
    After last nights result I will fly round the course.
    Good for you mate, keep going.
  • Options
    On the train back from Derby. 
    Brain Clough, PeterTaylor, Dave McKay , Rolls Royce, CBT, y
     YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELL OF A BEATING!!

We can now add May and Anderson too Tees and Tracy

Oh what a night!!!
    Leaburn ? :D
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    What a difference Jones makes by prioritising energy, intensity and aggression before possession and playing from the back. Every team needs that whatever style and formation they play.

As Curbs is pointing out it’s impressive how Jones is also rotating players so not even May and Dobson are guaranteed to start and yet it doesn’t stop us getting results.
    So glad to hear this. This is the modern football obsession I hate seeing us do because at our level it fails repeatedly. 

Thrilled at what I’m reading on here.
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Can someone copy over Cawley stats on Connor Coventry last night, unbelievable, he has come good.

Sorry it is on his own thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    We would not have got a single point from these last 3 games under Appleton. 

5 points is a ridiculous return. 

Back him in the summer and Nathan Jones will piss this league next season. 
    I'm not convinced we need to add that many. Leaburn will return. An upgrade on both Watson is about it. Jones has got these guys playing
    But ’backing’ also means not selling our best players
  • Options
    Outstanding second half performance especially given the poor first half. Loved the passion and commitment of the players in both celebrating the goals and bollocking Watson for their goal.

Need to keep this approach moving forward and pull away from the relegation areas.

The board need to back NJ in the summer and get us promoted. Looking at our current loan players I can’t see them being here next year - Excepy maybe Camara. I’m sure NJ can find better for us.

Would be good to keep the S/T prices the same next season to keep the fans attending.

Great to be feeling positive again - COYR’s

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Lest we forget:

L Gillingham FA Cup
    L Reading EFL Trophy
    D Cambridge   2-2 H
    D Barnsley       1-1 A
    D Burton           1-1 H
    L Orient            1-0
    L Bristol R         2-1
    L Oxford           1-2
    D Port Vale       3-3 A
    L Posh              1-2
    L Burton            2-0
    L Northampton  2-3
    D Blackpool      1-1 A
    L Derby.            0-1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    L Reading        2-0
    D Lincoln         1-1 H
    D Bolton          3-3 A
    D Pompey       0-0 H
    W Derby          1-2
    A small printed version of this warning should go in Michael Appletons battery compartment for the next poor club that picks him off the shelf.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Anyone else noticed that Tennai Watson has improved almost beyond recognition over the last three games or so, especially when you take into account he’s carrying a slight injury?
    With Small on the other flank it takes so much pressure off the centre backs, who all look way better too, no matter which combination are playing. Having a more energetic midfield who know how to stop the opposition playing has also contributed. 
    Agreed. I was impressed with his attitude when he was injured against Portsmouth but got up and carried on until he had to go down again.
    Last night he had a recurrence so must have played not being 100%
    I also liked the way he took the longest route off the pitch last night to slow things right down. That really wound up the Derby faithful.