Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Derby v Charlton Athletic | Tues 27th Feb 2024

Comments

• Options
    Just finished following the match thread without knowing the score - that was tense enough. 

Bloody marvelous. And about time too. Happy days are here again. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    It won’t get any better than today for Charlton.

Points deduction for Reading

1-0 down 1-2 up and win at Derby …

All other results go our way with Stockley grabbing to late goals to earn a draw at Port Vale.

Most of us couldn’t see that happening.
    Great birthday present. I'm 57 tomorrow. 
    Believe me, being 57's shit. Make the most of the next hour and 23 minutes...
    Beer, coke & hookers on their way....😉
         If you think you are Old at 57 wait till you’re 65 🤣🤣🤣🤣……….your as Old as the woman you feel 🤣🤣🤣👍👍
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Well fuck me.
    Buy me a wine first
    Goodness TRH, you're a cheap date. At the very least get him to take you out for dinner...

Look at his smile, we don't need dinner
  • Options
    The big difference is getting the ball forward quickly, not pissing around aimlessly at the back. Will NJ pick Hector when he is fully fit? Who gets dropped for Jones, our MOM on Saturday? Plus, I'm gobsmacked that we didn't miss Dobbo, our star man earlier in the season. Just wish that Kanu had taken his chance but what a great finish from Anderson. A great £10 quids worth tonight!
    What a great position for the manager. 

Appleton didn't know who to pick, jones doesn't know who to drop. What a difference a proper manager

wrong time and wrong place but whoever decided on Appleton should lose their jobs and never work in football again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    At a gig. Explaining to my welsh missus how this is just the start. NJ is going to bring us back. COYRs!!!!!!

(She believes) 
    @Valley11 “cos he used to work here before ya know, so he knows the club and what it’s capable of and all that, like”

Hahahahaha. 100% this @AFKA@AFKABartram
  • Options
    What a turn around, we win and other clubs do us a favour.

If we get seven points from the next three matches I will have a little hope that we will stay up. 
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Enjoyed watching that second half showing and delighted to finally get a deserved win. Easy to get carried away because wins have been so hard to come by, but Derby away on the  27th Feb 2024 might just come to be remembered as the dawn of our recovery, our darkest hour having passed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is a fact about League One. The refs at this level let a lot go. It is almost non league like. It has been a limiter on us for a while. You have to be a bit dirty as well as decent. And I think we have finally realised that. 
  • Options
    Forgot how good for your wellbeing it is when your football team actually win a game. First time I’ve enjoyed going into work for ages 
    I hate it, can we go back to losing please.

I was so buzzed with the win last night I stayed up way too late rewatching the highlights, reading all the comments, and generally just feeling on top of the world.

Now I feel tired, and am not enjoying the prospect of work. 
    Did the same, forgot I was in the office for an all day workshop today. Regrets inbound. 
  • Options
    What a transformation,the same players who were getting booed off the pitch a while ago,now playing like their lives depended on it.They now look as if they are playing for the shirt,No Jones might have been a problem,but his absence was not noticed.wont get carried away but on this form we can beat anyone in this league.Next 3 games all winnable,but the opposition will be up for it as well,expect one bad result but 2 wins would be great.
  • Options
    The goalkeeper challenge for the pen looked like a red card to me. Seen those given anywhere else on the pitch. 
  • Options
    edited February 28
    How many points have we got this season with Aneke vs without. Unbelievable 
    Thought I might as well work it out, and I make it:

with Aneke: 18 points from 10 games
    without: 19 points from 25 games 

Playing devil’s advocate a bit as I do think we look generally improved under Jones, but you do wonder how much of a factor this is. Results improved under Apples too in the spell where he had Chuks available…