Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Derby v Charlton Athletic | Tues 27th Feb 2024

Comments

• Options
    People were moaning that we didn't replace our best player in January and it turns out our best player all along was a child we've convinced to chase after people like they murdered his cat
    I know you mocked those who doubted CBT but which of him and Kanu looked like they had a match to win tonight 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    We’re going to finish 14th. 
    What I predicted a couple of weeks ago, but got laughed out of town.
  • Options
    Huge result. 
    To get 5 points from the top 3 teams in the league is a massive achievement.
    Fantastic from NJ and the lads.
  • Options
    Such a difference a solid keeper makes. 

Coventry, took his chance. Superb second half. 

Kanu, Anderson. Absolute quality.  

Watching the stream second half you had a great vantage point of Jones. What a breath of fresh air he is to have in that technical area. 

Chucks and May, well done lads. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 27
    Get in. What a result that has been deserved for the effort and work rate of the last few games. Longest 8 minutes ever at the end. 

That win and results has really pulled loads of teams into the mix now. It also means with our goal difference port vale and Cheltenham need to win both games in hand. 

• Options
    It’s good to see the all defence supporting and talking to each other. Great to see our team back again. Onwards and upwards. 
  • Options
    Yessssssss!!!!!

Heart thumper 

• Options
    What a great feeling to win again. Feeling a bit drained after that. Brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 27
    CafcWest said:
    Lots of plaudits, understandably, for Kanu and Anderson.  But I think Small was absolutely oustanding and Aneke really changed the game. 
    Small, my MotM. 
  • Options

Drop Dobson and look what happens! All you Andy Scott doubters take note….

The last two games have perfectly demonstrated why that solid defensive base is always the foundation for success. It was ugly, it was hard to watch, but, even though we conceded, we were still in touching distance. Crucially, that meant when their keeper had a rush of blood to the head and we got that bit of luck for Kanu’s shot to bounce back to Anderson (who still had plenty to do, btw), we were scoring goals to win three points, not rescue one.

Fair play to Nathan Jones for turning our defending around so dramatically. I really hope it lasts.  Also, great managerial vision from him to pick Kanu, Anderson, and Small (who, let’s not forget, couldn’t get a game in bloody Scotland) as the players to turn us around. The three of them, all under 20 (!), have made a huge difference.

The warm inner glow of a well deserved and hard-fought win on the road. It’s a been a long time, but welcome home my old friend – please stick around for while.

Would that be the same Andy Scott who didn't want the Jones boy to come in ? Run him out of our club !!!
  • Options
    Why can’t we play 3-4-1-2 ? It gives far more threat
  • Options
    My grapes arrived at 65 minutes. They're good luck I tell ya 
    Chuks of the fruit world 🍇