Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Derby v Charlton Athletic | Tues 27th Feb 2024

Comments

• Options
    The big difference is getting the ball forward quickly, not pissing around aimlessly at the back. Will NJ pick Hector when he is fully fit? Who gets dropped for Jones, our MOM on Saturday? Plus, I'm gobsmacked that we didn't miss Dobbo, our star man earlier in the season. Just wish that Kanu had taken his chance but what a great finish from Anderson. A great £10 quids worth tonight!
  • Options
    Who's Terry Taylor?
  • Options
    How many points have we got this season with Aneke vs without. Unbelievable 
  • Options

Drop Dobson and look what happens! All you Andy Scott doubters take note….

The last two games have perfectly demonstrated why that solid defensive base is always the foundation for success. It was ugly, it was hard to watch, but, even though we conceded, we were still in touching distance. Crucially, that meant when their keeper had a rush of blood to the head and we got that bit of luck for Kanu’s shot to bounce back to Anderson (who still had plenty to do, btw), we were scoring goals to win three points, not rescue one.

Fair play to Nathan Jones for turning our defending around so dramatically. I really hope it lasts.  Also, great managerial vision from him to pick Kanu, Anderson, and Small (who, let’s not forget, couldn’t get a game in bloody Scotland) as the players to turn us around. The three of them, all under 20 (!), have made a huge difference.

The warm inner glow of a well deserved and hard-fought win on the road. It’s a been a long time, but welcome home my old friend – please stick around for while.

Would that be the same Andy Scott who didn't want the Jones boy to come in ? Run him out of our club !!!
    Who said he didn't want NJ?
    Sorry I can't answer who but it was "reported" on here that Scott advised against bringing in Jones. Probably because it would dilute his responsibilities.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    wmcf123 said:
    Why can’t we play 3-4-1-2 ? It gives far more threat
    Is this a whoosh?
    If not… you want to change things after our last three performances?

But on the other hand, you might have a point. Wasn’t that how we ended up today? 
    I like the idea of switching it up, as does Jones, in terms of lineups at least. 
  • Options
    Great Wednesday morning dog walking here for a change. COYR 👯‍♀️👯‍♀️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, having internet problems.   Very slow.   Almost like mid 90s dial up speeds.   

How did we get on?  
  • Options
    The big difference is getting the ball forward quickly, not pissing around aimlessly at the back. Will NJ pick Hector when he is fully fit? Who gets dropped for Jones, our MOM on Saturday? Plus, I'm gobsmacked that we didn't miss Dobbo, our star man earlier in the season. Just wish that Kanu had taken his chance but what a great finish from Anderson. A great £10 quids worth tonight!
    The biggest difference for me is we are harder and fitter. That earns you the right to play rather than have players like Fraser ballet dancing on the pitch. It is the basic you need to get right before anything else at this level.
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Complete transformation at halftime. First half was dire. Second half an excellent performance. The youngsters leading the way. Table looks a whole lot better tonight with all the results going for us for a change including Reading getting docked two points. Another couple of wins and we’ll be wondering what all the fuss was about.  Hats off to them. Without pissing in our own chips though, how poor were Derby?  How on earth are they second?  Just shows what we could have achieved this season with decent management from the off. 

TBF to Derby who have just lost to Barnsley and Cafc 2-1 at home no, it happens.
    When we accumulated 100+ points we lost to Colchester and Notts county at home and it looked like we were going to falter but we didn't as it was just a blip and a bad week.

Let's just give credit to cafc for the 2nd half performance and not diminish it by saying Derby were poor.(Even if they were !)
  • Options
    The League Table makes for better reading this evening. Still not great, but much less precarious looking than a couple of weeks ago. 4 wins and 3 draws to go. Beating Cheltenham could be worth two wins off that target, in reality. Big game, that one. Certainly must not lose. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I knew Lincoln had been playing well, but hadn't realised that we were the only side not to lose to them this month,

Relatively easy set of fixtures though 
  • Options
    The League Table makes for better reading this evening. Still not great, but much less precarious looking than a couple of weeks ago. 4 wins and 3 draws to go. Beating Cheltenham could be worth two wins off that target, in reality. Big game, that one. Certainly must not lose. 
    Can’t help feeling you have been whooshed .
    That was a result and a half.
  • Options
    It was interesting going back and reading the Match Thread. Quite a few drama queens in there when we were 1 down. Come on. Own up. 
    COYR!!
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    We’re going to finish 14th. 
    Why the negatively? Top half isn’t unachievable.
  • Options
    edited February 28
    It’s all been said already so I’m not going to repeat it all. Just to say though that if NJ doesn’t achieve a top six finish next season I’ll be gobsmacked. Looking forward to next season already.

Just a shame NJ wasn’t ready to return a few months earlier than he eventually did.