Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Derby v Charlton Athletic | Tues 27th Feb 2024

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    ozaddick said:
    That post match video of the boys and NJ got me right in the feels!! Not ashamed to say I had dust in my eyes watching that.

What a transformation at our club. WOW. 
    No offence intended but not sure what you colonial chaps mean by 'Feels'. Is it the same as 'Nadgers'?
  • Options
    Nice work from @Braziliance
  • Options
    Good to see the interviews with the Derby fans before the game. Some surprisingly unconfident of winning, though none predicted a defeat.
  • Options
    Major said:
    msomerton said:
    msomerton said:
    Reluctantly, @msomerton, just wanted to check your score for Coventry in the payer marks thread wasn't a typo of some sort, as it's notably and significantly lower than everyone else's.. just curious.. i only followed the game via the match thread on here..

Jscore: 6
    ISTED: 7
    R.E.G.: 5
    THOMAS: 7
    GILLESPHEY: 7
    T.WATSON: 6
    COVENTRY: 5
    CAMARÁ: 4
    ANDERSON: 7
    SMALL: 7.5
    LADAPO: 4
    KANU: 7
    ANEKE: 7
    MAY: 6 
    That is correct. Over all it was a shocking guy poor game of football from both teams and in the first half we were the worse team by a mile.
    Second half we stepped up our endeavour and got the win of which I am very glad. 
    But the skill levels were low on the whole.

Agree the 1st half was poor BUT:
    You don't think the pass from Coventry for Kanu to run on to when he was brought down was skillful ?
    You don't think that Coventry closing down and getting his foot in is anything to do will skill ?
    You don't think that giving your all against the team 2nd in the table which Conor Coventry did is worthy of more than 5.
    No skill involved in Aneke receiving the ball and giving a good weighted pass to Kanu who hit a good shot which was saved and Anderson showed amazing skill to keep that shot under the bar ?
    Lots of skill shown on a terrible pitch in the 2nd half but just head tennis in the 1st.

Reg had a good game as well but I appreciate you mark as you see and you saw a different game to me as you thought the two lads were 5's.

As I have said on many occasions a win will always mean players gain higher marks as fans are in a better mood as opposed to the normal this season; plus winning at Derby for the first time in 25 years.

We all voted the two Ipswich lads as our bottom two.

I honestly thought you fell asleep at HT so apologies for that assumption.
    No I watched all the way through. And there were the odd decent moment , but far more poor passes tackles and scuffed clearances. Even Isted made an half hearted double fisted punch out , thar came back two passes later luckily they were worse in the 2nd half. If AMB had made that punch he would be lambasted  in the player marks for it. 

I have no idea why anyone attaches any significance to the player's marks thingy. Is it important or something?
    One of the best resources on CL imho, and I try to mark honestly, without marking up my favourite players. Overall the marks are a pretty fair reflection of a player’s form. What’s not to like? 👍
  • Options
    Good stuff @Braziliance, really enjoyed the vid. Nicely put together, and the effects worked well. Hope you voice recovers. 😂
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Good stuff @Braziliance, really enjoyed the vid. Nicely put together, and the effects worked well. Hope you voice recovers. 😂
    Absolutely this, well done @Braziliance, great work.
  • Options
    There was something that I thought was quite telling about the 'new Charlton' we're seeing under Nathan Jones.

It was tucked away in the post match interview that Louis put on Charlton Live. It wasn't the Terry Smith one but somebody else asking Nathan Jones questions.

The interviewer asked about the disappointment of conceding just before half time after having kept Derby at 'arms length'.

Jones reply was rather indignant, and it went along the lines that his teams don't aim to keep anybody at 'arms length', but to get in to the opposition all the time and give them things to worry about.

I think it is a good stance, the right stance, and in a broader sense resonates with my own often repeated observation that every game is a 'must win'.

• Options
    Just checked and the interview I mean was on the latest CharltonLive (thanks Louis and co) from 31 minutes in, the interviewer was called Harry (sorry i didn't catch his second name) from Radio London.
  • Options
    "We don't wanna hold em at arms length, we wanna knock em out".
  • Options
    I don't want to hold Derby at arms length. I want to knock them clean out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jams said:
    How the hell are they 2nd in the league! 
    I would theorise it’s related to the juxtaposition of their points total with that of the other teams in the division. 
  • Options
    Major said:
    msomerton said:
    msomerton said:
    Reluctantly, @msomerton, just wanted to check your score for Coventry in the payer marks thread wasn't a typo of some sort, as it's notably and significantly lower than everyone else's.. just curious.. i only followed the game via the match thread on here..

Jscore: 6
    ISTED: 7
    R.E.G.: 5
    THOMAS: 7
    GILLESPHEY: 7
    T.WATSON: 6
    COVENTRY: 5
    CAMARÁ: 4
    ANDERSON: 7
    SMALL: 7.5
    LADAPO: 4
    KANU: 7
    ANEKE: 7
    MAY: 6 
    That is correct. Over all it was a shocking guy poor game of football from both teams and in the first half we were the worse team by a mile.
    Second half we stepped up our endeavour and got the win of which I am very glad. 
    But the skill levels were low on the whole.

Agree the 1st half was poor BUT:
    You don't think the pass from Coventry for Kanu to run on to when he was brought down was skillful ?
    You don't think that Coventry closing down and getting his foot in is anything to do will skill ?
    You don't think that giving your all against the team 2nd in the table which Conor Coventry did is worthy of more than 5.
    No skill involved in Aneke receiving the ball and giving a good weighted pass to Kanu who hit a good shot which was saved and Anderson showed amazing skill to keep that shot under the bar ?
    Lots of skill shown on a terrible pitch in the 2nd half but just head tennis in the 1st.

Reg had a good game as well but I appreciate you mark as you see and you saw a different game to me as you thought the two lads were 5's.

As I have said on many occasions a win will always mean players gain higher marks as fans are in a better mood as opposed to the normal this season; plus winning at Derby for the first time in 25 years.

We all voted the two Ipswich lads as our bottom two.

I honestly thought you fell asleep at HT so apologies for that assumption.
    No I watched all the way through. And there were the odd decent moment , but far more poor passes tackles and scuffed clearances. Even Isted made an half hearted double fisted punch out , thar came back two passes later luckily they were worse in the 2nd half. If AMB had made that punch he would be lambasted  in the player marks for it. 

I have no idea why anyone attaches any significance to the player's marks thingy. Is it important or something?

Only to Geeks like me who would give players marks in a Sunday league as an 8 year old in my local park !

TBF assessing players came in handy when I managed and coached young teenage teams.
    You get a few that seem harsh on a player but enough people do them to ensure the marks are pretty representative IMO. I think it would be a good idea if we could put some money into a pot to get a trophy which could be presented to the winning player by AFKA or LL.
    I’ll raid AAjr’s piggy bank. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Just checked and the interview I mean was on the latest CharltonLive (thanks Louis and co) from 31 minutes in, the interviewer was called Harry (sorry i didn't catch his second name) from Radio London.
    I thought the interviewer was a young lad doing Media Studies at Derby Uni? Someone posted here the other day.
  • Options
    Apart from giving a stupid penalty away, I loved the antics of the keeper jumping up and down on the spot. May simply had to wait for his feet to go off the ground and put the ball either side of him.  :D
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I thought the interviewer was a young lad doing Media Studies at Derby Uni? Someone posted here the other day.
    Different interview? The Radio London one was the one where NJ dropped the F bomb. Im guessing this is the cleaned up version.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Absolutely this, well done @Braziliance, great work.
    Gents thank you so much 😄 I certainly preferred sitting in the middle as opposed to the back as I was able to capture more of our fans in the moment. 
  • Options
    PWR i’ve been down with the flu all week, how did we do?
  • Options
    What a turn around, we win and other clubs do us a favour.

If we get seven points from the next three matches I will have a little hope that we will stay up. 
    Two wins in the next two then...