Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Derby v Charlton Athletic | Tues 27th Feb 2024

Comments

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    The goalkeeper challenge for the pen looked like a red card to me. Seen those given anywhere else on the pitch. 

Outside the box the keeper gets a red card and Cafc get a free kick.
    Inside the box since the last rule change, the keeper attempted to play the ball but the fast Kanu got there first so yellow card and Alfie May scores from the spot will the keeper confused.

Great outcome and we gained so much confidence from the equaliser and Derby wobbled.
  • Options
    Port Vale - Burton - Cambridge are the three frustrating results from those games, as we really should have won them.

Northampton too, we should have got points, but Appleton put his desperation to keep his job, ahead of getting any points.
  • Options
    Having had time to sleep on this fantastic result, you can see what NJ has given to the team....huge spades of confidence, a structure they can play to and a great team ethic! I mentioned a few players in my post last night but, inadvertently, didn't mention Small who was immense and just what we've been missing. When Ramsay is fit again, Jones has served his suspension, Hector fit again, the competition for places is only going to spur those players on. Dobbo now has genuine competition from Coventry, Camara is still getting up to match fitness, then of course there is Taylor, Backinson and the forgotten L Watson! Up front you can perm any 2 from Kanu, May, Chucks and Ladapo (who is getting fitter and better). If only MA had been despatched early in January I wonder if NJ could've had us pushing for a play-off place? Its too late now, but if we can get to safety quickly, he has the rest of this season to build for next, and with a trimmed down squad and a few quality additions I fancy us to do very very well and its, in my opinion, down to NJ, PH and CF. Feeling very very positive this morning.....5 points from games most of us thought would return 0 is nothing short of amazing!! 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    The goalkeeper challenge for the pen looked like a red card to me. Seen those given anywhere else on the pitch. 

Outside the box the keeper gets a red card and Cafc get a free kick.
    Inside the box since the last rule change, the keeper attempted to play the ball but the fast Kanu got there first so yellow card and Alfie May scores from the spot will the keeper confused.

Great outcome and we gained so much confidence from the equaliser and Derby wobbled.
    Exactly the same for the Cray pen in the replay, other than the foul was actually outside the box.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alfie May’s penalty was just like the ones Darren Bent used to take (as opposed to di Canio for example).
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Not sure if Paul Warne's comments have already been posted?

He seems a good Manager to listen to, or read about - When he's come up short against Charlton in the past, I've not known him to whinge about unfairness etc.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/paul-warnes-post-match-comments-underline-that-charlton-had-too-much-intensity-and-desire-for-derby-county/
  • Options
    When we win a couple of our next two or three games and are sitting comfortably in 15th wondering what all the fuss was about, there’s gonna have to be a bit of an inquest as to why this same bunch have been so shit for three quarters of the season when they are clearly capable of what they did last night. Cant all just be down to management surely although Jones deserves enormous credit for his immediate impact. 
  • Options
    Having had time to sleep on this fantastic result, you can see what NJ has given to the team....huge spades of confidence, a structure they can play to and a great team ethic! I mentioned a few players in my post last night but, inadvertently, didn't mention Small who was immense and just what we've been missing. When Ramsay is fit again, Jones has served his suspension, Hector fit again, the competition for places is only going to spur those players on. Dobbo now has genuine competition from Coventry, Camara is still getting up to match fitness, then of course there is Taylor, Backinson and the forgotten L Watson! Up front you can perm any 2 from Kanu, May, Chucks and Ladapo (who is getting fitter and better). If only MA had been despatched early in January I wonder if NJ could've had us pushing for a play-off place? Its too late now, but if we can get to safety quickly, he has the rest of this season to build for next, and with a trimmed down squad and a few quality additions I fancy us to do very very well and its, in my opinion, down to NJ, PH and CF. Feeling very very positive this morning.....5 points from games most of us thought would return 0 is nothing short of amazing!! 
    agree and I would also add the new performance manager who came in from Brighton (forgot his name!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    I didnt think a Red Card could be given to the Goalkeeper, if the Referee awards a penalty... Isnt that the double jeopardy rule or something?
    I would hope it would depend on the seriousness of the foul. I'm not seeing last night's challenge as a "professional foul" but a studs up foul. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    The Laws of the Game are quite clear. If, in the opinion of the referee, the goalkeeper makes a genuine attempt to play the ball and not player, a penalty and caution are to be awarded. However, had the goalkeeper fouled the player for such offences as shirt pulling, pushing etc (ie not attempting to play the ball), then a sending off would have been the correct decision.
  • Options
    Can't remember when I last felt this good. Must be months ago. Maybe the end of November... Dunno.
  • Options
    Can't remember when I last felt this good. Must be months ago. Maybe the end of November... Dunno.
    Honestly, don't think I've felt like this all season
  • Options
    Well fuck me.
    Since you mention it... err, no thanks.